>>>>

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

TODAY......

Today is the day I catch up on ALL and a sundry before my flight out tomorrow.

Yesterday? Well, I had such high hopes for yesterday, but the power company meter reader came and told me that she was installing a new meter on my house, and that she would be turning the house power off! OOOOHHHH NOOOOO!!! I asked her if she had other meters to do in the area because the quilting machine was running and I needed time for it to finish that pass before any power went out. I told her I needed a half hour. She came back, installed the new meter after I finished the quilting, and all was well!

Then the Monday run around really started...I went from the gym to the pedicure place (Probably the last one of the season, but need pretty toes for Florida at the end of this Michigan trip!) I came home, grabbed a quick shower, a bite of lunch, and out I ran for my appt at the chiropractor's.From there I drove to the doc to pick up a prescription refill, then to the bank, then to Sam's Club to pick UP the new prescription refill, and finally to my guild meeting. I didn't get home til after 9pm.....and went nearly straight to bed.

Today I've been doing all the paper work stuff. Do you know how much time can be eaten up in details like paperwork stuff? Invoices, filling book orders, doing early check in for my flights, printing boarding passes, doing laundry so the stuff I want to take is ready to pack, repacking the trunk show, going to the post office to mail out the book orders.....that's the whole day, and not a stitch taken yet! I still have a couple other errands to run, but who's counting?



I finished the LAST diamond satellite last night in guild meeting for the hexie quilt. Maybe tonight I'll add that on...and then I get to border the whole star with a row of neutral hexies followed by a row of green hexies....I'm trying to figure a way to do those in segments by sewing a row of green ones and a row of neutral ones together in shorter lengths, and add those to the mother ship as I go. That way I don't have to have the BIG THING in my lap all the time.



This is how I'm building the segments!

And I'm still not sure how the finished quilt is going to be oriented. I'm not sure if I like it best like this:



Or on point like this??



Time to put the laundry into the drier and start the next load.....you know what they say, it never ends!

18 comments:

  1. I like the first one, NOT on point better, but either is just GORGEOUS! Wow.

    Lucy~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice power lady!! I like the star on point the best. Sure it tempting to start one of these...I bought a template cause it was 50% off just in case I ever catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the 'on point' best, BUT I fully realize that would mean a LOT more fill-in pieces to get things squared off. Either setting will look great.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Power meter lady was nice enough to let you finish. I think the point is the nicest but I love both of them :) Do you like hand quilting better than machine quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie, Bonnie, Bonnie - Where do you build in "me" time? You really know how to use us your energy and honestly I really do get tired after reading about you. I think I will go take a nap just for you. I am an on-point kind-of-gal, so that is my vote. Oh !! you weren't asking for votes? Well, my two cents worth then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. judycinnc, I agree with you, on all "points"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous4:14 PM EDT

    I like the star on point best. :-) How you like it is most important though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's going to be a gorgeous quilt!! It looks lovely either way....! :))
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Busy, busy....nice meter person!! Oh I am looking forward to how you end up quilting this beauty...will it be hand quilted?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Second photo has the most photogenic appeal. However, both settings are stunning! I love watching how much you can squeeze into 24 hours. It gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie - it's time for you to hire a personal assistant, hun. You can use your time better quilting, or writing a book, or ....... pay someone else minimum wage to run errands or fill out book orders... your quilting career is going to require some adjustments, and this is an easy one to make! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. On Piont looks best to me. Hope you get some time to yourself soon. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Way to funny Kate!!! That is exactly what I was going to suggest! Bonnie, you should ask around to see if there is anyone that could/would be your secratary, book keeper, personal assistant and that would save you tons of time and energy. You have a thriving business and having someone to do the paperwork, is a smart thing to do. You would have more time to work on what you need to work on. The paper work, though VERY important, could be done by someone who enjoys doing that kind of work. And it would leave you free to do what needs to be done.
    And the perfect person for you is out there - just find that person and you will love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You need either a housekeeper or an office assistant so that you can leave either the household chores or the paperwork to someone else - it only needs maybe a couple of mornings a week. I bet there would be someone near you who would like to help with the paperwork - perhaps someone in your quilt guild might like a little paid work in an area they love?

    Quite honestly, Bonnie, something needs to give in your lifestyle before something gives out in you and none of your fans would want that to happen. There are only 24 hours in the day and you are wearing yourself out doing everything. Now, if I didn't live in Germany...!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You need either a housekeeper or an office assistant so that you can leave either the household chores or the paperwork to someone else - it only needs maybe a couple of mornings a week. I bet there would be someone near you who would like to help with the paperwork - perhaps someone in your quilt guild might like a little paid work in an area they love?

    Quite honestly, Bonnie, something needs to give in your lifestyle before something gives out in you and none of your fans would want that to happen. There are only 24 hours in the day and you are wearing yourself out doing everything. Now, if I didn't live in Germany...!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's very beautiful anyway, but the SECOND (ON POINT) setting is undoubtedly the winner for me!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like it not on point best - it is more unusual - it is a great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I like it on point. But of course you should do what you like best.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)