>>>>

Monday, January 16, 2006

I'm Back!

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee I am so tired I can't hardly think straight! I am back from retreat. A great time was had by all. It was even mentioned several times how nice this retreat was, and then we realized it was because certain cantakerous people who always seem to throw a wrench into everything, no matter what the situation.....were not there! *heheh* We won't mention names, but we know who they are, and we didn't have to deal with them ;c)(Definate Quilt Police, if you get my drift!)

I brought two cameras..because one has a bigger memory card than the other. But it so happens that the software for that camera is NOT functional for some reason, and I can't find the CD to reload it! (*&@# I took some pics of my pink DJ as it grew, so I have those, but the ones I took of the room mess, and of people's projects etc...are not on this camera. :c( So I'm hoping that Siobhan will load what she has. She also took some gorgeous pics of the lake that was right outside the window of where we sewed. Please post those Sio!

This is really a fun group to retreat with. Where we stay has duplex cabins, and each cabin signs up for hosting a meal for everyone, so every lunch and every dinner was at a different cabin. So much FOOD! WAY TOO MUCH DESSERT! (you know why Dessert has two S's in it? So we are allowed Two Helpings.. :cÞ) We walked from the cabins to the meeting rooms where we sewed, walked as much as possible to work off all we were eatting, but it was SO good.

Lets see....I got there a bit early, and claimed my place in the corner since I had SO much stuff to work with. I also packed my MP3 player and we listened to celtic and massage instrumental music for stimulation the whole time we sewed. It was great! I set myself up to be as functional and productive as possible and since I posted the last pic of the quilt, I have added FOUR ROWS to it! :c) I now have 10 rows out or 13 rows done and set together. It feels like a huge accomplishement.

This pic is after I added the 9th row


The first weekend in Feb is another retreat, and though it isn't as long, I'm hoping to make a good push on it then too. If I can keep myself motivated, I'm thinking of making myself do one block a day, and the sashings that go with it...so by the time I go on that retreat I've only got 2 more rows to go. Wouldn't that be awesome? I will also need to finish the outside edge, continuing the star points into the border...but will deal with that when I've got the rest together.

after adding the 10th row, on the fence when I got home and unloaded the car!


It's early to bed for me tonight. I do feel like a complete non-functional zombie! It's so good to be home and have my own bed to look forward to.

Bonnie

12 comments:

  1. Bonnie, it's absolutely stunning! I enjoyed reading about the retreat, what a fun group of people you went with. I can't wait to see the DJ finished...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,
    Sounds like your retreat was great!!! They are so fun! And your pink/brown DJ is looking stunning as well!
    Hugs
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:06 PM EST

    Glad you had such a wonderful time. This quilt is out of this world! Looking forward to seeing the borders on it too. The way the sashing makes the blocks look so different is just breathtaking :-) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie - it is so gorgeous, I am pink with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to have you back Bonnie. That quilt is a masterpiece. Its a true piece of art.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am glad you have had a great time. Can't wait to see more pic's :c) . This quilt is AWESOME !!!! I love the pink and browns. You did a great job bonnie :c)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow, you got a lot done. You wouldn't have wanted me there - I'm a yakker and you'd only have gotten a third of your work done. Looks beeeyutiful and I'm thrilled ya'all are back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Bonnie! It is beautiful! This is going to be one spectacular quilt! You have to enter it at Paducah or Houston (or both) when it is done and quilted - it is amazing!

    I'm so glad you had a good time! I was totally jealous all weekend! And boy with my 4 fighting this weekend I needed to get away! I swear the 4 teenagers fight more and nastier than when they were small!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVELY! I am so glad that you persevered! Hopefully it will be finished when you return from Hilton Head.

    Machine or hand quilting? (My guess, hand...)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bonnie your DJ is just awesome! I have the software and the fabric (purple and wow) and have not started it yet. It is scary to even think about!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bonnie, glad you had fun and were productive. Sounds like a great retreat.

    This quilt is so pretty! Are you machine piecing it? For some reason I thought you were hand piecing it.

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You made GREAT progress on your DJ quilt - while having fun at retreat too! Are you machine piecing it? And, where did you get the idea for the sashing borders - it sure is pretty!

    Cheers!

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)