>>>>

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

A Very Full Porch!


Look, Ma! No empty sections!

This was our over-the-porch rail photo op, and there is not even a spare inch of open space - what a fantastic array as folks drove on by!

Many quilts were brought to cover beds (See THIS POST for a tour of beds!)

Several tops were completed during retreat.

And others were simply brought for their chance at being hung over the Quiltville Inn porch rail.

After all the rain we had, we were so happy to be able to take this time to display everything.


Table runners, stockings and a whole herd of Elisabeth Hartman bunnies!


Two "Love Grows Here" baby quilt tops, a Pineapple Blossom from the Free Patterns tab, and the quilty Christmas tree that hangs during each Christmas in July retreat.


Tropical Twist from the Addicted to Scraps book and a newly completed Lupine & Laughter center just waiting for borders!  She sewed the WHOLE THING while on retreat. That's dedication!


Blocks, finished tops and completed quilts!

I love the colors in the 16-patch and Hour-glass, the flag blocks are coming along as well. Betsy made her Old Town as a Quilt of Valor and the yellow/gold reminds me of the colors I am using on my own Romania project!

At the far right is her Box Kite quilt from the Addicted to Scraps book and a great scrap buster.


 Old Town just needs its binding sewn down -

Block of the month finish is called Wave Pool by Sherri Shish.


Two more small top finishes, one with a panel.

If you know the name of the pink one, could you leave it in the comments below?


Another beautiful way to use panels!


Easy Street from MORE Adventures With Leaders & Enders, Wild & Goosey from the Addicted to Scraps book and Straits of Mackinac from String Frenzy.  What a display!
.

Triple Treat and a wonky log cabin made with the wonky log ruler.


Another top finish!  Do you know the pattern info on this one?

Please leave it in the comments below. Thanks!


Beautiful Stack & Whack or One Block Wonder.


Well done, everyone!


It was a tremendous week!


Yesterday while laundry ran, I started laying out my blocks to start the center assembly.

Somehow I ended up with one extra star.  I guess it's going on th eback!


Getting the last section attached!


And just this morning a name came to me. It's perfect.


Festival.

It's a Festival.

It can be a festival anywhere - it fits.


And now I get to play with some border ideas.

It's a Festival!


It's a good thing I left some of those strips out - I'm going to be digging back into them.

DRAWING HAPPENS TOMORROW!


Are your saved scraps overflowing and out of control?

If so - Hello, Gretchen! just might be the pattern you've been waiting for, the quilt you've been eager to dive in and make.

Head over to the Gift-Away Post to read all about it and get your entry in for the Gift-Away.  2 winners will each receive a Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern from me and:

A Notable Neutrals fabric roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Intro Pricing:  I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!

Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''

*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.

A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)

As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.

If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.

Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It's a little bit out of control right now. And I am sure there are thread bunnies in the corners and things I've totally forgotten about remain to be rediscovered.

But it's my favorite place in the whole world.
 
I'm sure yours is too!

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone -

 

15 comments:

  1. Okay it's official...."Festival" is making me want to try FPP! Those skinny white strips looks so good, I can't imagine getting that precision without FPP. Gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ellen Elmore10:01 AM EDT

    I am not a hoarder. I live in a museum, a warehouse, and studio where things are on display and being worked on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic name - fits the summer season of festivals. You constantly amaze me (in a very good way).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan Strasser11:08 AM EDT

    I can so relate to having everything out on display in my sewing room. It reminds me of all the things I can choose to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sharon Perry11:40 AM EDT

    The quilt in the second to last quilt picture looks like Happy Hour by Terry Atkinson.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelley Freeman11:55 AM EDT

    I think I need to print today's thought and hang it on my sewing room door - that way anyone visiting will be prepared!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Patricia B4:44 PM EDT

    The “block in a block” quilt is from the book Layer’em Up #2 by Sharyn Craig and is called Band Box and is on the cover of the book. Beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The quilt made by the lady in the purple t-shirt saying Quilt All Day is a Missouri Star tutorial, Tea Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous6:06 PM EDT

    Love today's quote it makes me feel better about my room.. I'm really excited to receive my Scrap-savvy Quilting book today. Thank you Bonnie for everything you do😊

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernadette6:12 PM EDT

    Sorry if I'm repeating myself but I really do like today's quote it makes me feel better about my room. Also I'm really excited about receiving my Scrap-savvy Quilting book today 😊

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous6:20 PM EDT

    I love Festival! I have many many projects on display!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your festival quilt in the making! Gorgeous and oh so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous9:15 AM EDT

    Just love the Lupine and Laughter in Red, White and Blue. The subtle background print just makes it shine and brings out the cozy. Very well done. Congrats on the finish. Paula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:10 AM EDT

    Bonnie, I love your Romania/250 quilt! Your posts always make me smile. Thank you for being you.
    Sharon M

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)