>>>>

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Pineapple Blossom Directions and Stuff...

Yesterday was the first day of being HOME ALONE!! What a great feeling...I putzed around the house, I cleaned out my email inbox, I watched a movie on TV while eatting lunch, I finished a small customer quilt that was zero effort at all, so much that it didn't feel like work!

I spent most of the evening editing down pics and writing the text for the pineapple blossom quilt! You can find it at http://quiltville.com/pineappleblossom.shtml There still may be typos, but it's there! I wish I had played with more block layouts for this. I think you could do a straight furrows version without sashings..just having all the pineapple corners go the same direction diagonally down the quilt. I think it would be cool, you wouldn't get the blossom look, but it would be so different. These always come to me after the fact....after the blocks are sewn together and the quilt is quilted and bound and off to it's recipient!

I was thinking about something for the Quilt Mavericks ring members as well, something I want to explain. My website is included in the Quilt Mavericks webring so that it brings us a constant flow of ring surfers. When we started out, there were two members. Me and Tonya! We needed traffic, and since there are up to 800 hits a day on my website (sometimes more) it seemed the best way to get people here was to put a link for my blog on my website, or to click into the ring from the panel on my website. I also have a yahoogroups mailing list with now over 650 members. I email these quilters when I have a new pattern up, and they come to the website, many of them clicking into the blog ring from there. I get alot of email from people who have clicked into the blog ring because of the links. Is this okay with you, or do you feel that we can be stand alone now, and not have the ring panel on my website? I'd still have the direct link, just that my web page wouldn't be IN the ring.

Those of you that have other websites....I think it is a great idea to have a LINK to your blog on your website. That will bring people into the ring to surf around too. It also gives them a more personal view of you as a quilter, as a mother, wife, daughter, grandmother... as a person.

I'm off to shower and get this wonderful day going! Day 2 of no extended family here, and home alone! Weeehaa!

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie! Your day sounded WONDERFUL! Boy could I use one like that right now!

    And the pineapple blossom looks great! Your patterns/ideas are the Best! If I ever find time to play maybe I'll play with some different layouts! That would be fun!

    Whatever you want for the web page and the ring - either way, doesn't bother me one way or the other.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bonnie -- this block is just one I fell in love with -- I have to make it! I have to get a couple of Christmas gifts out of the way and then on to playing!

    It doesn't bother me one way or the other on the web page, either -- we've had some new members join another list I'm on that I mentioned in my blog (Dusting Your Stash), so the more the merrier! And I send quilters to your page all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie:

    Fine with me to have your site on the ring. So many people go to your website and we might not attract them here otherwise so I vote to leave it on here.

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Belated Congrats on your graduation, Bonnie! I love this pineapple blossom quilt. I'm adding it to my list of "Bonnie quilts" I want to make. Maybe it will be my next tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the directions with photos, Bonnie. I vote to leave the site as site to be in the ring. Love having more traffic. I get some nice comments from folks that I haven't got a clue where they came from. Its nice!

    And your day sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)