>>>>

Monday, November 28, 2005

Monday Monday *singing Mama's & Papa's*

Busy day today! Today I had to go to Aiken to help take down the quilt show at the Aiken Historical Museum. It went really fast because there were so many people helping. Actually it took me longer to drive there than it did to get all the quilts down, and mine back into my car. It was a nice show!

I stopped by the post office on the way home to mail out an order, and ohhhhh boyyy..holiday traffic has invaded the PO already. Yucky. I'll be mailing stuff out from the little po-dunk town in the other direction just because they have less traffic than the big full-service PO...I hate crowds, I hate lines, I hate traffic, I even still hate Christmas music, even though it is past Thanksgiving and I really should just let myself give into it.

I really don't let Christmas take me over until the "Twelve Days of Christmas" Which means I give Christmas season about two weeks to run full course from the 13th to the 25th and then put it all away and be done with it and ready to start the next year.

Does this make me a Bah-Humbug? (if so, please tell me that I'm still a cute one!) I used to love Christmas and followed the tradition of putting up the tree the day after thanksgiving, if not the day of , and loving it for 6 weeks or so, but it just became over-kill and it seems that the years fly by and only build up to two things....Christmas again, or Tax Time again! I like both things to last about as short as possible.

I went this afternoon to the Forest to hike about 5 miles and listen to a book on CD that I have loaded onto the MP3 player I got for graduation. The rain was supposed to have STOPPED.....but I got about 2.5 miles or so out there and the sky opened up and I didn't have an umbrella and there WAS no shelter! Luckily it wasn't that cold, but I was soaked to the bone by the time I got to the car. Do you know how heavy a hooded sweatshirt, and a pair of demin jeans get when fully drenched? Not to mention my running shoes and sopping wet socks....I was a sight I'm sure! I was glad to get home and quickly stripped off everything right there in the laundry room (I was home alone) and dumped everything straight into the washer. I ran upstairs, threw on my swim suit, grabbed my big terry cloth robe and headed to the hottub. I was SO chilled, it felt so good.....

That just zapped me for the whole rest of the day. It's now 7:39pm and I'm too tired to do much of anything. I've been hand quilting in the evenings and that is coming along well. We are hoping to rent a cabin for the week before Christmas like we did last year. It was great. The guys went skiing and snoboarding and I stayed in and watched chick flick movies and quilted. What could be better? So that is what we are looking at for this year. Thinking of a place in Boone, NC.....I love the Blue Ridge Mountains, any time of year, but if there is snow, that would be wonderful!

Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie: Not sure if there's any place to ski but this is the cabin we stayed at in Blue Ridge, GA for spring break. http://www.thepawsgroup.com

    It was a wonderful cabin and I'd surely go there again.

    Judy L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun, Bonnie! Your Christmas cabin sounds just like out of the movies or a book or something. I wanna come too!!!!! (Can you hear my violin music?)

    I'm a Humbug too...absolutely detest the whole decorating thing. I think it's cuz then I really see all of the dust that's collected since I did the whole Christmas thing the year before! LOL Nah...I dust a couple times a year, not *just* at Christmastime!

    Hope you don't catch cold with getting such a chill...bet the hottub and the turkey soup will help.

    Thanks for the tune! ;-)

    Darcie

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you do two weeks of Christmas, so you don't count as a Humbug (but you're cute no matter what you are!).
    I was loving the idea of the long walk, until you got to the bit about the downpour. brrrr.
    What quilt are you handquilting right now? Hope you get to do lots of that at the cabin - sounds fun and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that song..love the hiking, think we could forget that downpour...*G* But getting exhaused isn't all bad..maybe drained you of some of the "stuff" of the past week or two.
    Hurray for christmas at the cabin..sounds perfect to me..*VBS*

    Love the new look of your sidebar..*G* You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a bummer to be caught in that downpour! But you got your exercise walking back that wet didn't you!

    Your week before xmas in the cabin sounds like heaven to me! I think Darcie and I should join you! I bet Finn would come to!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)