>>>>

Friday, October 02, 2026

Kicking Off October!


Project Linus Metrolina is in the house and sewing up a storm!

I'm so excited to have these ladies from not-too-far-off Charlotte NC and surrounding areas up here for their first retreat.

They came ready to sew for a wonderful cause.

Nationally Project Linus has delivered over 10 million blankets to kids in need since its inception in 1995.

The Mecklenburg County Chapter of North Carolina was formed in February 2023 and delivered 1,001 blankets that year.

In January of 2024 they decided to expand their reach from just Mecklenburg County into the surrounding Counties of Union, Cabarrus, Gaston NC and York SC and starting in 2025 has officially known as the Metrolina Chapter!


Project Linus Metrolina Chapter is passionate about making a difference in the lives of children facing difficult circumstances.

They also care deeply about the people that they are working with and strive to provide an inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and appreciated.

Volunteers will find an environment that fosters learning and sharing. Everyone is encouraged to join in regardless of their skill level.


I caught them all at breakfast!


As these warm snuggles are being made for children facing so many challenges - everything is welcome including fleece throws for larger boys!


Captain America underway -


This cozy throw will receive a fringed and knotted edge.  Some young man is going to love it!


Tumblers sewn into elongated hexagons!


Sliced, Diced, shuffled and sewn back together!


Eye-spy time charm squares give something really fun to look at for whomever receives this cutie!


Flannel season is upon us!  Someone is going to love this!


Something rainbow bargello happening here!


Snowflake quilt just getting started....


I had a deep tissue appointment in Marion. VA (About an hour away) at 12:45 so I was on the road about 11:30 after running just one more row of quilting across the string star quilt.


By the time I got back it was after 3pm, and I ran another couple of rows...but still have more to do.

Sometimes the quilting happens piece-meal and takes 3 days, but I should be able to finish it up today.


I did manage to get binding cut, stitched and pressed.


I aim to be feet up and hand stitching this binding down by the weekend!


Last night the hubster was off fishing which means I had a fend-for-myself dinner.

This is 3 ingredient high protein flatbread.  Not quite the same as naan as it doesn't have yeast in it. It's just plain Greek yogurt and self-rising flower. And salt. I sprinkled with everything-salt (like everything bagel)  when done.

PDF of Yogurt Flatbread recipe HERE.


I brought home so many wonderful spices from India and have been experimenting with instant pot recipes to see if I can recreate some of the delicious dishes I had while traveling.

This is brown lentils - and I added more to the recipe by stirring in some steamed chopped broccoli, cauliflower and carrot at the end. I garnished with some fresh chopped cilantro (no, it doesn't taste like soap to me) and a squeeze of fresh lemon wedge.

PDF of Whole Masoor Dal (Brown Lentil) recipe HERE.

This was so delicious I will do this one again - word of warning though - if you don't like HOT, cut the ground red chili by half.  I love spicy, but some on our trip said things like "I can't feel my tongue."  "My lips are tingling." LOL!

There is enough left over for lunch today!

It hasn't escaped me that we are in OCTOBER!

Emails have started coming about the mystery quilt, wondering if we are still having it, etc - YES!

It's the same as always.  Intro post comes out on Halloween which is a Saturday this year.

It's coming!


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I'm trying. Seriously trying.

But the truth is, you can never sew fast enough!

Happy Friday, everyone -

 

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:09 AM EDT

    Can't wait to see all of the colorful blankets the Project Linus ladies make. What a
    wonderful organization! Question: What is the quilt pattern featured underneath today's quote?
    Jackie in Michigan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday Bonnie :0) Love the string star quilt, what fun it was watching this one come together! You are rocking it! The red binding is the perfect finish :0) but then I am biased to RED!! Happy Sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making me smile with your quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not ready yet for the Mystery. Enjoy October. No pressure from me. I am quilting on my Q20. Getting things done. Stitching all the things. Sew many Quilts, Sew little time. Happy FriYay ❤️

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)