Saturday afternoon, in between rounds of intermittent rain predicted for all dal long?
Would we be able to get this done before the next cloud burst?
And what about our over the porch rail photos? Would we be rained out?
I checked the weather app on my phone.
I checked it again.
I checked it and rechecked it all through the day and finally....a break in the weather between 3pm and 5pm that could just make it work.
By this time, one of our ladies had already had to check out and head home for work the next day (Bummer!) but we got in what we could with who we could!
Big giant snow flake and a tiny little elephant!
3 sweet and cute tops made for Project Linus kids.
They are going to love them!
Potato chip blocks - big and little!
When I was making charity quilts in the 90s (Or as my kids now say "Back in the 1900s!") we didn't call these potato chip blocks. They were tatami mat layouts. I witnessed such tatami mats as I slept on the floors when in Japan in my 20s.
These kinds of blocks/quilts will always be Tatami to me!
Not to mention a great way to use up scraps in fabulous scrappy quilts.
Raven skull is ready for Halloween!
And here's that beautiful bargello we watched from start to finish!
There were many other things not shown as in all of the fleece blankets that received their crocheted edging. There were rounds of pajama pants and more projects just getting started.
And we got it all in before the rain started up again!
Thanks for coming, Project Linus Metrolina!
I'll be looking forward to seeing you back again next year.
Now. onto my promise for my self -
PILES! I needed to start in on this pile that had grown over months and months.
Flat surfaces are not safe around here. They become landing zones for everything.
And this space too.
As stuff is moved over and sorted, folded and determined where it needs to go, it moved from one table space to another.
Some small pieces I am actively cutting up and going to use in my new machine piecing project. I am so excited about this one!~
But best of all -
ALL of this is cleared and put away.
Not just moved to a new location, but folded and put AWAY.
(Ahem, take no notice of those fabric stuffed bags in the corner - that's a different job for a different day! LOL!)
Feet up and binding last evening -
I'm 3/4 the way done!
And miss Tula has decided she likes to watch from over my shoulder and has taken up supervisory duties from the top of the couch back.
She really is doing great and has settled in after 9 months of being an inside kitty. She seems to do just fine with one bright eye. She still has hissing fits with Lola, but they mostly just hiss and leave each other alone. It is what it is.
TODAY: I am off to Winston Salem and heading to Costco with my new glasses prescription and a list of things I need. It's a 2 hour drive each way, but getting my glasses there pays for the membership itself. We do a lot of Costco mail order.
But there is something about actually being in a store. I feel the need to pick up a couple rotisserie chickens - one for dinner, one to debone and freeze for quick meals.
And other stuff that I can't get locally.
I'll be home by dinner time. The chicken may be missing one leg if I have to smell that yumminess all the way home....
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
If it's not much different than my working plan, can I still call it my retirement plan?
Works for me!
Have a terrific Tuesday, everyone -





















Tatami mats! That takes me back to Hawaiian vacations back then. We bought them for a dollar or so to use on the beach. Great memories.
ReplyDeleteNot much I love more than organizing fabric and scraps. You have no idea how much you made my fingers itch to dive into those stacks and bags! If I were your neighbor, you'd never get rid of me over there organizing fabric. LOL - B.
ReplyDeleteAdvice, throw the chicken bone out the window. It is biodegradable. And no evidence. So maybe the chicken came that way.
ReplyDeleteI am so on board with the retirement plan!!
ReplyDeleteCostco also has already deboned rotisserie chicken in a 2 to 3 pound bag. Before freezing , I usually cut the package into 4 to 6 hunks. It’s very handy to have in the freezer.
ReplyDeleteI love the potato chip blocks. Have made many of them like these ladies made. A couple of the Tatami blocks with the center square block would have a partial seam. A little harder to sew, but interesting. Had never heard of the potato chip blocks called that. I love the Snowflake top. Sue
ReplyDeleteRetirement plan! Bags, what bags? Congrats on weather watching and sorting piles.. So fun to see the finished tops. They put those rotisserie chicken parts in bags so you don't have to debone them. Ask for them much more convenient.
ReplyDeleteWhat is the pattern name for the Baragello quilt. It is awesome. Love the colors. Thanks for the info on Tatami mats. Great way to use up scraps. How’s Flash?
ReplyDeleteVery interesting about the Tatami mats. I buy rotisserie chickens on a regular basis. I use the meat for all sorts of things from chicken salad on Costco croissants, to bacon cheddar ranch casserole to dog food. I often make broth with the bones. I pull off all the skin and crisp it up in the toaster oven, sprinkle with salt and it is better than chips, also makes a great topping, crumbled on top of casseroles. Best five bucks to stretch the food budget. Fran in WA.
ReplyDeleteMurphy's other law lives in my house all the time. Any horizontal surface is soon piled up.
ReplyDeleteOur Costco is maybe 30 min away....something we pick up inevitably doesn't make it all the way home without being nibbled on 😂
ReplyDelete