This quick star block is made from scrap 2 1/2" strips!
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
Boxy Stars!
This quick star block is made from scrap 2 1/2" strips!
9 comments:
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just printed this pattern off my computer. I have never seen this pattern before. It's so cool! I like the illusion of it...the boxes and the stars. Hope I can achieve it, too.
ReplyDeleteI had purchased quite a few pinks and browns years ago before I started knitting and let most of my quilting go. Now I am so ready to make this quilt for my king sized bed. Thanks so much for posting it. Your stuff is always inspiring.
ReplyDeleteI have some jelly rolls I was given & haven't been motivated to use. I think this pattern & some 'oldies& moldies' mixed in will do it. Thanks ijid
ReplyDeleteSitting here on vacation and I see this pattern with so many ways to use it - now I can't wait to get back home to sew it up! Thanks for a really neat pattern!
ReplyDeleteIs there a secret to how you make the quilt blocks seem like 3-D? Should the centers of the block be lighter and the longer strips darker and the shorter strips medium? Just love this pattern!
ReplyDeleteLove this pattern!! Can't wait to try it. I also have been saving all the bonus 1/2 square triangles for many years. Have a large selection that I someday hope to put into one or maybe two quilts. You are so inspiring with your blog, pictures, free patterns and helpful hints!! Have been using your wax paper for foundation strips ( I think it is addicting :) ) Before I pull the paper off the back, I have found it helpful to use the long side of a seam ripper and run it between the seam and paper. Any tiny pieces not quite "ripped" by the seam, will come right off!! Thanks for all you do!!
ReplyDeleteBarb
Hi Bonnie, while reading, I note that you say you pull fabrics from your '2.5in' bin and your 'squares' bin.
ReplyDeleteCould you perhaps do a little blog on how you manage your fabrics in this way. It sounds so organized, and I am so looking for some organization with my fabrics.
cheers
Stella
Bonnie already has a tutorial for her scrap sorting here :)
Deletehttp://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/scrap-users-system.html
I love this pattern, thanks for the tutorial :) Another quilt pattern to my to do list!
ReplyDelete