I killed many birds with one stone with this quilt! The blocks are paper pieced and used up my smallest crumbs. (Proving the fact that if it is still ugly, you just didn't cut it small enough!) The inner border is leftovers from my random sampler quilt border that I finished piecing at Tonyas. I only had to cut one more 1.5" strip.....so that cleared out some pre-cut strips.
The outer border fabric is the fun black with the colored squiggles that I picked up with Tonya while we went shopping in MD in October. See!! It didn't stay in my stash very long...I used it! :cD
The four basket blocks in the corners are UFO blocks....3 were pieced...one was cut out and needed to just be pieced. I didn't like doing them because of the set in seams....it just was tedious and time consuming, so it was the beginning of an abandoned project, and now they found a home in the borders of the little-logs-that-went-big quilt.
Some facts on this top: Started in 2001. block size: 3" finished. Number of blocks: 324. Pieces per block: 17. Total pieces in center: 5,508.
Definately a machine quilting project because it is very heavy with so many seams!