>>>>

Friday, June 02, 2006

More About Me Than You Ever Wanted To Know!



I have the honor of being the Featured Quilter for the month of June on Real Women Quilt!

Pam has been after me for quite some time to submit myself to the interview...she first contacted me when I was in the middle of school and drowning with 3 term papers to write, and I told it her it would have to wait until AFTER school. :c) It's now AFTER!

What seems funniest to me is since I took this massage therapy position in February....my creative streak has suffered a serious time crunch! So it's really egging me on to get back to my own projects as soon as I get my machine back :c|

This weekend is Dave's Tour De Cure ride for Diabetes. So many of you donated to this worthy cause and I want to personally thank you for your efforts! Thanks to you we raised over $3,000 for the American Diabetes Association. WAY TO GO! Tonight the team is coming to our house for a cook out "aka carbo load!" And the ride starts tomorrow morning early.

The first day they go about 85 miles. I'll be at the finish line set up with my tent/gazebo thing, and my massage table set up in the shade under it...he's riding, I'm massaging tired biker legs.

The second day they ride the rest of the 150 miles and end in St John's Island, which is just outside of Charleston SC. There is a big BBQ and party at the finish, and I'll be massaging participants there too. Somehow..I don't think I'll get any quilting done this weekend either! But I can dream, can't I?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Bonnie

7 comments:

  1. Wow, Bonnie, congratulations on the interview - who else should be featured if not you??? looking forward to reading it...
    I hope you won't be too tired after all those masages that are awaiting you this weekend... enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, you are so inspirational - glad more quilters are going to get to know you. Wonderful to see your smiling face and the beautiful quilts.

    I'm so sorry about the loss of your daughter. I know it happened many years ago, but just reading about it made me ache for you.Glad you had quilting to help you through it.

    Hope ya'all have wonderful not-too-hot weather for the Tour. Enjoy the BBQ - I'm envious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting into 'Real Women Quilt!

    Do you also do any traveling to other states and teaching classes on stash organization, and some of your scrappy patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading the article! Hope you get a chance to take a few minutes to yourself this weekend!
    Siobhan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bonnie,
    I just visited your web page and love all the great tips you have on there. Thanks for sharing...Hugs Tina

    ReplyDelete
  6. CONGRATULATIONS on being a "Real Women Quilt" interviewee!!! You are certainly changing many's lives with what you do, Bonnie!

    Hope you're all having a lovely weekend for your Tour De Cure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I just read the Real Women Quilt interview and it was great learning more about you! Now I want to bring a quilt top to SC with me in August just to have one quilted by you!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)