Yesterday was one of those days where I had only a certain amount of time to try to fit it all in within a certain time frame and it felt like my feet were running from the moment my feet hit the floor.
Or more like - from the moment that son Jeff dropped off grandson Casden and our crazy day together began.
We needed to do all of the morning things before 12:15pm so we could go back to the cabin and pick up Grandpa Dave and head out toward the airport in Blountville, TN so he could catch his flights to Atlanta and then on to Boise.
Feed Flash. Done.
Start the mid-retreat laundry (A day earlier than usual because they are checking out on Sunday morning.)
As laundry was running I had a moment of time to at least get the Bliss quilt unloaded from the long arm and trimmed
I know folks have been trepidacious over me doing this. "But will the quilting threads come undone?" "Will it cut your hand piecing stitches?"
Maybe. But everything will be anchored by the machine stitching when I add the binding.
It's not much different than sewing strip sets together for nine-patches and then sub-cutting the strip sets to get your rows of squares. The next seam seals the deal.
In the case of the top photo, I stopped the machine stitching just shy of where I was to be trimming.
Same with the photo here. I didn't cover the enter edge of the hexagons, I left where I was to be trimming un-quilted.
If I cut a hand stitch or two, it will all be secured by the machine stitching the applies the binding.
Does that make you feel any better?
And there is a lot of machine quilting to anchor everything in here. No seams are coming undone on my watch!
Hazel has fallen in love with Casden!
And I love having him around. This 10 year old handsome guy is started 5th grade next week.
So our plan formed to drop grandpa Dave off at the airport and then go in search of any school clothes he might need.
He's armed with a few t shirts with various graphics on them, and a zip front hoodie.
Not to mention a belly full from the Chinese buffet. Yum!
We made it back to the retreat late afternoon to check in on the ladies, fold the laundry that had tumbled dry while we were gone, and see what progress was being made on projects.
Sashings are sewn, trimmed and being depapered for the Abundance quilt in progress! It is so much fun to see other people's scraps in their own quilt.
Assembly is happening!
This is extra fun as I brought over my 1 1/2'' bin of scrap squares for cornerstones. We are BOTH in here now!
These boots are made for walkin'!
Sweet cushion cover for a special girl who loves to read.
Pillow form to be inserted later -
More wooly applique! This is so cute!
More nine patches on the wall.
Morning Glories assembly has also begun!
Colorful rail fence blocks!
Checking out Beth's wooly applique squash blocks.
The Sparrows quilt top is done!
I love this plump little babies.
My evening with Casden - I forget what it's like to have a 10 year old in the house!
We settled in to watching Avatar while I worked on the binding for Festival. I'm on side three. Getting there.
We didn't finish the movie. He got sleepy about 9pm and we turned it off and headed to bed.
"Did you brush your teeth?" "I forgot my toothbrush." (of course!)
I always save the goodie bags from the dentist's office for just such occasions.
He's still slumbering soundly as I write this - but it's time to get him up so we can get this day going.
I can't believe we are at the weekend already. This week has been crazy.
Jeff will pick him up at the QPO around noon today and I'll be on my own for about the next 2 weeks while Dave is gone.
I've already set in on deep cleaning EVERYTHING. And I want to tackle the pantry which means unloading EVERYTHING from the shelves and rearranging. I can't do this when he is here.
If you know, you know!
Any plans for your weekend??
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
And the weirdness over things showing up that we did not discuss in public continues!
Sometimes, it's wonderful or funny, and sometimes it's downright creepy!
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone -























No comments:
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)