>>>>

Friday, August 07, 2026

Hanging With the Tada's!


Lunch on the porch while the thunder rolled?  Yes, please!

They arrived late Wednesday afternoon - I really didn't have a chance for much visiting while they were moving everything on in, so seeing everyone busy retreating yesterday morning was wonderful.

And an invite for lunch? Accepted!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - to walk in through the back door, make my way through the kitchen to the hallway leading to the Quilting Quarters and hearing the sound of machines humming and the conversations and laughter overriding everything - it's just a wonderful feeling!

And to see new projects out and being worked on:


Wooly applique and all that goes with it.


Pattern is Ever Thankful.


And look how genius!

Pearl cotton kept in an egg create for travel - not any egg crate, but a clear one so you can see which color is where.  Brilliant!


Garden Party Leftovers are becoming something - not sure what yet! LOL!


Bird bellies -


Becoming cute Sparrows!

And these aren't the only birds happening:


Oh, cute!


Quilty Chicks Block of the Month by Leila Gardunia.


A wall of sampler blocks taking shape.


I love the possibilities with this one.


Licorice Twist  is getting its binding!  Hooray!

Did it make a dent in any of the scraps per chance?  No?  That's why this is now in progress:


Abundance blocks ready to set together.

But wait! Where are the sawtooth sashings?


A special collage wall quilt is coming together -


Later on in the day -

More details to be added - This is what happens when fabric ink and more is added.


Great pattern for large prints!

If you know the info on this one, please leave it in the comments below.

I'll try to get more info today.


Something super scrappy in vintage-y prints happening here.


Down to the last borders!


This will be a wedding quilt for an extra special couple who love anything with feathers.


Back in the studio, the quilting of the hexie continues. I didn't take a photo of the backing fabric before hand - so here's a glimpse at what I'm using.

Earlier this year there were a couple of different retreats selling either kits, or fabric by the pound. I don't remember where this came from exactly, but it was 6 yards.

It was *JUST ENOUGH* to back the quilt, but I had to add a header piece to give me a bit more margin where pinning to the take up roller, and I added another 3 1/2'' margin to the right side to give me enough margin on that side as well. I'll barely make it, but I'll make it!


The ivory thread is doing what I hoped.

It *IS* visible against the darker fabrics, but it doesn't shout as loudly as bright white would have.  So even though I have a lot of white backgrounded fabrics in the quilt, ivory was the best choice of thread color.


Sometimes the name of the quilt finds itself within its pieces.
 
Bliss. I am naming this quilt Bliss.

The quilt has spoken.

I'll get it off the machine today and get it trimmed up.  Binding may wait until tomorrow.

I've got a conflux of things happening today all at once.

I've got grandson Casden dropped off by Son Jeff this morning - Jeff is helping our neighbor build a cabin on their property. Casden will be spending the night with me tonight and we are planning on a bunch of fun things for a 10 year old this weekend before school starts next week.

This afternoon we are taking Grandpa Dave to the airport so he can go spend a couple of weeks with his brothers in Eastern Oregon.  Son Jason will be driving out from Vancouver Washington this weekend to also spend some "time with the guys."

 The retreats are still happening one after another through to November so in between helping with the cabin building, Jeff will be helping me while his dad is gone to Oregon.

I'll dive into getting that binding on Bliss when all of this craziness calms down.

I asked Casden what he wants to do tonight and he wants an Avatar marathon with popcorn.  Done.

It's a busy Friday/Saturday but I wouldn't change it for the world.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

No one ever told me that aging would be like this!

Somehow I think there will be a drive through Dairy Queen on the way home from the airport...

Happy Friday, everyone!

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The red and black quilt you said would be great for large prints looks like one of the BQ Nation patterns from Maple Island Quilts. They have a series of about 9 of these, and they’re all similar. —Sue

Anonymous said...

My old body says ice cream cures everything! Ellen Thompson

Colleen G said...

The black and red big block quilt is a BQ5 pattern. Love it!

sue s said...

We have reconciled with our son so we now get to spend time with our grandsons.
Precious time.
Bliss is a perfect name for the quilt!

Anonymous said...

Yor hexie quilt is gorgeous. I love the backing fabric. My carpel tunnel has flared up this summer and it’s hard to do any hand stitching. I don’t think I could make a hexie quilt now. Dianne

Anonymous said...

Love the name you chose for your beautiful quilt. “Bliss”. That’s my middle name! Quilting truly is “Bliss”. Thanks for sharing all your blog posts and patterns. I enjoy them all so much! - Cori in Virginia

Denise bryan said...

The pattern is BQ5 by Maple Island Quilts. Their patterns are great, I've even used the BQ2 for Quilts of Valour.

Anonymous said...

The pattern with red and black looks like Big Block 5 by Maple Island. Mary Pender

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)