>>>>
▼

Saturday, September 26, 2026

Quilt Shop Hop Day!


Friday was the designated "Hit up the quilt shops!" Day, and at any given time, more folks were gone than were left behind.

I love that they love our local quilt shops.

I love to see what they bring back!

Do I have FOMO for not riding along (in my matching t shirt?!) YES! 

And no.  I look around the studio and think "How am I ever going to sew all of this up?!"

But I'm so glad they get out and enjoy their time here and that the quilt shops know they are visiting while staying at the inn.  

It makes for a happy day all around.


While the quilters are galivanting, can we guess what they are making?


Evidently there is a disappearing nine-patch happening here.


The hand pieced hexies are coming together!

Such delightful soft fabrics.


There is the beginnings of a batik sampler on the wall!


The Spruce It Up quilt is growing from top to bottom.

Pattern from Pieces of My Heart.


Small Seasonal table toppers are coming together.


Don't worry, these two projects do not go together!  But we were admiring Denise's vintage 1950s Donkey blocks.  They were pieced by her husband's grandmother we believe (I think I have this right?) with some hand-piecing and some machine-piecing and they are delightfully wonky.

Which reminds me of this hysterical video:


Hahahaha!

The plan is to rework some of them to get them to lay flatter, and maybe frame them to square them, and still let some of the wonky shine through.


As for me....iot was another disjointed day. I had to leave to see the neuromuscular deep tissue guy at 1:30, but in the morning I was able to trim up my string piecing.

Yes, these are on phone book pages.  Why piece little short strips together on adding machine tape when you can cover a whole phone book page and then cut to the widths you need?


Squared, cut to width and ready to de-paper.\


I took all of this next door to sit and visit and de-paper with those who were not quilt shop hopping.

It was done in a flash!



I them joined them into pairs, and then all in one long length -


Pressing seams in between.

It's amazing to me that these all came out of random saved strips and strings - I've just alternated colors with neutrals, the same way I did the diamonds for the stars.


Today the string borders may get attached. No disjointed day today - no appointments, nowhere to be other than with the quilters and at my machine.


Here's a little video of our time in Jaipur visiting the Hawa Mahal.

Built from red and pink sandstone, it is on the edge of the City Palace, Jaipur, and extends to the Zenana, or women's chambers.

Hawa Mahal, also known as the "Palace of Winds", was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. 

Hawa Mahal derives its name from its 953 windows, known as jharokhas, which are arranged in a honeycomb-like pattern. These openings facilitate natural ventilation, helping to keep the interior of the palace cool during the summers. The structure was built in 1799 by the Rajput Emperor Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, grandson of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh, the founder of the city of Jaipur of Rajasthan. 

And yes, traffic was crazy, the hawkers and souvenir sellers were many, and it was a memorable experience!

This happens MONDAY!


September's  Goose Feathers  pattern release and gift-away is off to a grand start!

Did you get your entry in on the gift-away post?


I'll be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Goose Feathers PDF pattern from me and an Aqua color roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.

Intro pricing: I have placed Goose Feathers at 25% off in the Quiltville Store through 9/30/26. No coupon needed!

*NOTE* I am still in the midst of the website debacle and am having to create new links for items in the store. If you saved my old bookmarks, please update to the new one. You can also get to EVERYTHING by simply going to my main website at Quiltville.com. You can click the store link there.

We'll draw for our winners on 9/28/26.

What do you have in store for this weekend?


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

It's ALL a learning process, folks! ⁣

And yes I'm still wild about flying geese, and I absolutely love the texture of the Baptist fans quilted on this vintage quilt.
 
Can you ever have too much orange? I don't think so!

Have a wonderful weekend -

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)