I had finished writing yesterday's blog (my desk is in the basement) and when I went upstairs it looked like 5pm in the winter outside.
I texted over to Jen - no walk, rain incoming!
And right when I sent the text, the sky opened and whooo-doggie! It POURED!
Thus began my "accomplishing little to nothing" day.
This was the scene I walked into later as everyone was on the porch for lunch. Rain had moved on...
And I was moving on, too. I had an eye appointment with my vision specialists at 1pm to see if the MacTel type 2 was progressing.
And I was moving on, too. I had an eye appointment with my vision specialists at 1pm to see if the MacTel type 2 was progressing.
This involves a series of scans, of other tests, numbing of the eyes to check for pressure, and of course dilating me all to heck and back.
But the GOOD NEWS is that she sees no changes. I'm holding stable, which is what we want. My prescription didn't even change much (Left eye is the worst, and is basically just along for the ride at this point.) but I've got a new prescription and I think I'll be heading to Costco at some point to order up a new fun pair of glasses to celebrate.
This meant also - that I struggled with dilated eyes afterwards. Big sunglasses that fit over my own glasses are my go-to for this, and as it was going to be nearly 4:30 by the time I got home (I had to fill up with gas and grab a few groceries wearing said glasses indoors) I texted Jen that I was just going to go home and rest my eyes instead of returning to the retreat.
September of 2027 has us returning back to Scotland. As an Outlander fan with 24% Scottish heritage - I can't wait!
All The best scraps!
A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.
Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.

After eye drops at the office, and waiting to dilate fully, I took some photos of the quilts that decorate the walls! Eyes may be too blurry to read messages on my phone, but I could take photos and enjoy being surrounded by quilts while waiting to go into the exam!
Bears making a getaway!
I love the colors in this one!
This one was hand quilted! Lovely!
It was fun to see these hanging here.
One thing happening at retreat:
I know this is Kaffe, but I didn't know what it was becoming.
Can you guess what this is?
Oh my! This is going to be gorgeous!
I hope to see more progress on it today...
No sewing happened on these blocks yesterday, but I'll be back to them today.
Hazel is holding my place!
Prepping greys!
If I am machine quilting a hexie (Like I did for Bliss) I work with 2'' squares. it gives a bit more fold-over allowance in a couple of corners, but it is easy to prep for. It's not that much difference than a seam allowance that is 3/8'' around the paper.
I need a variety of greys so I dug through the grey strings bin and pulled out a bunch that were 2'' or wider to quickly cut into 2'' squares to give me enough to work with for the time being until I can cut more.
I need to make kits to take to India in about 2 weeks!
Last evening after a nap.
After returning from the eye doc I slept for a couple of hours and when I woke things were much better.
I know this looks lop-sided, but the greys will continue up the right side. It's going to be really cool!
What I am short on is coral to orange. The quilt will have many of the coral/orange diamond motifs you see in the center of this one. Green I am okay on. But coral to orange? Abysmal. I think because we've used them in Ringo Lake, Grassy Creek, etc.
I know I annihilated a lot in Flame Azalea. Something like 25 fat-quarters of orange went into that one!
Some of you have offered to pitch in strips and scraps, and I would love to welcome your corals to oranges for this project!
I can use anything 2'' and above. If you have a leftover end of a jelly roll strip, a few leftover squares, strips or hunks, feel free to send them to me at
Bonnie Hunter
12615 Wilson Hwy
Mouth of Wilson, VA 24363
I'm really excited to see this new beginnings coming together.
Today? It's not supposed to rain, so I'm hoping for a dirt road hike with the ladies, and getting back to some string star assembly.
Here we are at the weekend. What do you have going on?
Sign ups close September 1st!!
There are still some openings in our Christmas Market Tour through Switzerland, France and Germany in November, right after Thanksgiving. I'd love to have you join me. You need to sign up by 9/1/26 to join this tour.
I'm also looking forward into 2027 with a tour to Thailand in JANUARY for my birthday!
I always try to go somewhere fairly warm for January - it makes a great winter break. Have you ever wanted to visit Thailand? Let's go!
I'm returning to Bali in July of 2027 on a fantastic batiking expedition. Are you interested?
International travel gives me so much inspiration for our yearly Quiltville Winter Mysteries. Which of these trips will inspire our next one?
Did you enter the drawing on C&T's site to win your copy of Scrap Savvy?
The kind folks at C&T publishing and I are working together to give away five signed copies of Scrap-Savvy to those who enter on their website HERE.
After submitting the form on the entry page, check your email to confirm your subscription and entrance to the giveaway.
(You can always unsubscribe at anytime.)
Gift-Away info: Winners will be selected at random and emailed, and they will have 72 hours to respond with their mailing address. If we do not receive a response, we will draw another winner at random. Good luck!
Book 6 in the Hadley Carroll Quilt City series is now available for kindle and in paperback!
I'll be gifting away 3 signed paperback copies of Quilt City: Payment Declined.
I'll also be drawing for 2 winners who will each receive a Sunnyside PDF pattern from me and a beautiful Notable Neutrals roll from our friends at Cotton to Quilts.
To keep this as hassle free as possible, I will draw for the 3 book winners, the 2 pattern and fabric winners from the SAME sign up on the Gift-Away Post so you only have to enter once.
Intro pricing: The Sunnyside PDF pattern is currently 25% off, no coupon needed - and good through 8/31/26. Hurry!
All The best scraps!
A simple little block that puts every saved bit to good use. Stitch a rainbow of scrappiness! Full color photos, graphics, and multiple unit construction options.
Quilt Size: 90’’ X 90’’ and easily customizable.
Quiltville Quote of the Day -
When did we get to the point that lining up all the medical appointments on our calendar equals a social life?
As for this one, happy to come back NEXT YEAR.
Have a wonderful weekend, everyone -
























5 comments:
You will LOVE Thailand! Was there last Novermber in Bankok and Chiang Mai, it was awesome! Will you go to the silk factory?
Never did EPP. I found a grandmother's garden I want to add to and then hopefully turn it into a quilted jacket. I've watched many YouTubes. Bonnie, do you have any hints? What weight thread do you use? Sounds like I should try 80 weight? Tried commenting before, but never see them. Love reading you daily.
I was at the eye doctor this week too and she is a quilter as well. Glad your appointment went well. I too will get my tri-focals at Costco as I cannot find them online.. Fran in WA.
Glad to se Quilys displayed at your eyes appointment. Dilation isn't fun. I wear those cool shades after my appointment too. New glasses sound fun. I might have a few corals leftover from On Ringo lake. Hope you get to hike. Winter at 5pm is around the corner. I have a Quilt to
Hat needs blocks pressed and cut to size. One side at a time. Ready, set go!
I have had issues with dilating the eyes - it would take at least 6-8 hours to start wearing off. When I talked to the doctor, she suggested a lesser strength drug. For me, it has worked well and the doctor was able to see what she needed to. It can't hurt to ask.
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)