This is what a quilt GANG looks like!
We had so many opting for our morning dirt road hike that we had to take two vehicles to do it!
That's the thing about living where we do. The two-lane highways are fairly narrow and winding, blind curves included. There are no sidewalks, no shoulders to the roads that are walkable really, so we have to load up, drive to where we can walk safely, do our thing and drive back.
But it gives me the opportunity to share a bit of our "Road Less Traveled" area with folks who are visiting from other places.
Caught in the sunshine, a bit washed out - but here they are!
Quilty tee shirts and all.
Can you even see the creek in this photo?
Our water is still so low. And there is more rain coming this weekend, and I welcome it.
But before it arrives, we are still soaking up a beautiful morning and getting a good healthy walk in before heading back to the machines for more quilt building.
These gals are a riot and I am having the best time!
Throughout the day, more blocks were appearing!
Red stars have now been partnered with blue stars.
A cute baby quilt has the cutest of paper pieced radishes and carrots!
Oh, my gosh!
We've got three ladies from Michigan - and with a nod to Michigan there is a Straits of Mackinac quilt just beginning! (I was happy to add some of my own aqua strings into the mix for this one!)
So pretty!
Straits of Mackinac is found in my book String Frenzy. It's truly one of my favorites. Have you made one?
We've got a finish in Tula Pink fabrics.
Landscape quilt with a dock in the foreground -
And something fun with equilateral triangles here!
And look! Borders are on!
This turned out just like I wanted it to.
I think I'll stop here. If I were to add another outer border, it would minimize the effect of the pieced outer border. I think it's going to get a blue binding when quilted to cool all of the hot red and yellow down.
Which one of these will you work on today?
I also noticed that all of these things can happen alongside quilting!























1 comment:
The Festival quilt is very cheerful and bright, but that border truly makes it a party!
Post a Comment
If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.
Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.
Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)