>>>>

Monday, July 20, 2026

The Rain That Never Came -


Oh, there was thunder.

And there was the crack of lightning.  Enough so that the power blipped on, and the generator ran for perhaps three minutes -

Just enough that if you are sewing on a computerized machine, it reset your needle position back to home base and you had to readjust it again.

But it never rained.  Not a drop.

It didn't matter!  The quilters were inside quilting and making wonderful things.


Melody finished her Costa Maya quilt top.  Wonderful!


Jeanette has been swimming with the fishes! (Also seen holding the top in the first photo of this post.)


It's Chuckles by Elizabeth Hartman,


Emily was getting a binding on her quilt made of Dutch prints she picked up in Amsterdam.


Something very sparkly happening here!


It's from Quiltmaker Magazine issue 225.


More scrappy kitties happening here!


Calico Cats by Missouri Star.


I guess Christmas in July isn't over yet.  LOL!


Giving Season by Lella Boutique.


Large pieces coming together quickly!


Flag quilt by Primitive Gatherings.


And oh so much more!


Sunday morning dirt road hike!

We were few but mighty.

And we were trying to beat the rain that never game.


We never know where or if cows will be found, but yesterday they were down around the old cabin site.

I just love seeing the cows free grazing and happy wherever they are.  That little one resting with the white face. So cute!


My square in a square variation blocks are done -

I'm back to making stars.

I need something like 16 more.


I took the blocks next door to the retreat to borrow some design wall space and see how they would look vertically versus down on the floor.  Loads of encouragement from the retreat ladies.

I am liking the enhanced diagonal likes that the star corners are giving, echoing the narrow sashings in the square in a square blocks.  This is fun.

It's going to be more fun when sewing blocks together shrinks everything up.

I was even able to sew in some gifted scraps from the ladies - win win!

I'll be back on this today - after I run to the bank to sign some paperwork. Monday has Monday things on the agenda first.

How about your weekend? Did you start anything? Make progress on anything? Finish anything?


Every time I post about one fur baby, someone will ask about the others.  All are fine.

I snapped this photo of Flash after giving him treats yesterday.  He LOVES treats. He hates being touched.  So we are still working on that.

He will accept nibbles of ham, egg, bacon, chicken, cheese, etc from the ladies..so he is getting people-ized day by day.

It's been a year and a half since he showed up. There is still progress.  But if this is where he is comfortable and things don't go farther than this, I'm okay with it. He is fed and feels safe here.

Again - dogs are great, 3 cats at home are great, Hazel is great, Flash is great....it's a zoo.


Are your saved scraps overflowing and out of control?

If so - Hello, Gretchen! just might be the pattern you've been waiting for, the quilt you've been eager to dive in and make.

Head over to the Gift-Away Post to read all about it and get your entry in for the Gift-Away.  2 winners will each receive a Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern from me and:

A Notable Neutrals fabric roll from  Cotton to Quilts!

Intro Pricing:  I've placed the Hello, Gretchen! PDF pattern at 25% off - no coupon needed - through 7/31/26. Discount applied at checkout.

If this is your first time downloading digital patterns from my store to a computer click HERE.

If you intend to download to an iPhone/iPad click HERE.

Especially designed for paper piecing, Hello, Gretchen! is the perfect quilt to turn your saved bits into sparkling beauty! Full color photos, diagrams, step by step instruction and printable foundations included. Strings and scraps at their best!

Quilt Size: 84'' X 84''

*This pattern assumes the maker has at least a basic knowledge and some experience with foundation paper piecing by machine.

A reminder to EVERYONE to not use auto-fill (The prompt that puts in your name, mailing address, phone number, everything with a click.)

As this is a PDF pattern, no mailing address is necessary. Place the item in your cart, then go to the cart page to check out by entering your name and email address manually. I don't know why it works this way, but it does.

If there is an issue with your computer - it could be YOUR OWN browser/security settings. Browser extensions preventing pop-ups can also be an issue. Try using *Incognito mode* to see if the problem persists. Try a different browser, Or order on your phone or tablet, then go to your computer for the download email.

Your VPN or Adblocker can also cause problems when placing an order.

So much nitty gritty! But there you have it.


Quiltville Quote of the Day -

I think I already need a nap!

Have a marvelous Monday, everyone -

 

3 comments:

Sandi said...

So much fun and sewing going on there. Love it! This weekend I finished quilting and binding a churn dash quilt! It’s in the wash as I type!

Anonymous said...

I giggled at your "it's a zoo" comment. Love those fur babies :-).
I enjoy reading your blog. Thanks for sharing inspirational pics of quilters progress. Jenny

Mary said...

Finished my DD#2 Wedding Ring Quilt. Beautiful quilt starts. Glad the rain didn't come.

Post a Comment

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)