>>>>

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Chasing My Tail!

20181207_131533

Silly Out and About Lunch Selfie!
Celebrating with Rick and Mona!

And I am wearing the lampshade on my head! LOL!

These are the faces of three very happy friends who met up for a round of antique mall wandering and lunch out to celebrate the closing of the North Carolina cabin ---happily in the hands of new owners who will love it as much as we did.  In fact, I’m wondering if they were up there for the snowpocalypse that befell this corner of North Carolina, Virginia and beyond and how they fared.

We moved our cabin life to Virginia in March of 2017.  So it’s been 1 1/2 years of hoping the right person would come along, and still struggling with yet another mortgage – but it all comes right in the long run!

I’ve already decided – with retirement (for the hubster, not for me!) a mere 7 years off (geeze, does that ever scare me!) I want to use some of the proceeds to upgrade the kitchen and bathrooms at the Virginia cabin – new counters (bye bye, 20 year old formica!) and new appliances to replace the stove, dishwasher and microwave that are also 20 years old.

This could be fun!  This could also be opening a can of worms that knows no end as we know how remodeling and construction come with their own whammies and hiccups and nothing is EVER smooth sailing or done on time.  But still.

Another thing needed – a whole cabin generator that is more automatic since the power goes off there regularly.

I have plans.  I have mad plans!  And likely we will start in on that in the spring.

20181207_113358

Things found while antiquing….

Oh, I wanted this so bad…but I showed so much restraint!

20181207_114753

No, thank you! LOL!!!

Oh, ugly chair – not even Quiltville Inn would welcome that upholstery! LOL!

20181207_115107

Wandering through the furniture, the quilts, the treasures.

I didn’t even have to buy anything for this to be the perfect way to spend a couple of wandering hours after that closing!

20181207_120412

More pink ruffled dishes!!!

Just say no to the dishes, Bonnie – there is no room to put them!

(The sideboard was lovely too….)

20181207_114655

Can you imagine EVER ironing with these?

Aren’t you glad you’ve never had to??

20181207_122646

Rick says “How about this one??”

No thanks, buddy!  That thing weighs a ton!

Can you imagine when THIS was "new technology?!"

20181208_083346

This one however -

A gently used older Rowenta for $8.00??  Oh, yes!

Who else do you know who would happily celebrate the closing of a piece of real estate with a second-hand iron, destination Quiltville Inn??  It’s the little things that make this girl happy!

20181207_173518

This is continually on-going.

I had hoped we’d make it to the invoices from December 7th’s wave 4 of String Frenzy – and we are close – hopefully by tomorrow.  The snow event and all that is going on here put us a bit behind.  

Son Jeff is my hero – he hand carried tubs of mail up to the truck parked at the top of the drive (There is no driving up or down the drive until a thaw happens!) and was able to make it to the Wallburg Post Office which didn’t open until 1pm yesterday due to the snow delay.  

So everything we filled over the weekend went out.  And he brought home more tubs!

For a two-person operation, we are getting loads done!  More than 150 orders were filled yesterday and are ready to go today.  And today we do it again.

20181210_133736

Lola, keeping me company!

My big worry is that the big order of mailing supplies we ordered a week ago will not be delivered by the time we run out of mailers today.  My productivity is experiencing a bottle neck effect due to the slow down or complete stop of everything delivery related. 

And how is the UPS driver going to get this stuff down our icy and snow covered dangerous driveway if they can’t drive down it? (And they won’t?!)

The plan is to keep an eye out the window and have Jeff help them hand-carry any deliveries down to the house.  I NEED those 1,000 mailers!  And there is another batch already on its way for next week.

Those who were “So Disappointed!” (yes, it actually was worded that way yesterday) that we didn’t release wave 5 of String Frenzy in the store – this is why.  

I just need a bit of catch up time, some mailing supplies to arrive, and my ruler orders to arrive so we will be set with EVERYTHING ready to roll at the same time in the Quiltville Store

And as always, I thank you greatly for your patience!

20181211_075930

Catching this morning’s sunrise.

I’m heading up to fill more orders.  I’ve got a massage at 1pm and will be dropping a load off to the Post Office at that time since they can’t get down my drive to pick them up from the front porch.  And then I’ll be back at it, all the kinks gone!

Did you have a chance to check out the wonderful shares on yesterday’s Mystery Monday Link-Up, Part 3?  Keep them coming!  The colors and fabrics are so varied and wonderful!  Remember, the Link-Up will stay open until Thursday evening at 11:55pm EASTERN. 

 Part 4 of Good Fortune will go live on FRIDAY MORNING - YAY!

And don’t forget to get your entry in for my Quilt Now, String Frenzy & Hunter’s String Star bundle Gift-Away HERE! That winner will be announced on Thursday morning and these goodies will jump to the front of the queue of outgoing mail!

December 11, 2018 at 07_42AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day.

The creative process is so very important to us all.

Creativity also heals my soul when I am hurting or worried or otherwise out of sorts.

It puts my world back in balance!

How about you? 

Have a wonderful Tuesday, everyone!


24 comments:

  1. Thank you Bonnie for sharing your life with us all. I look forward to reading your blog each day. And hey, you deserve a snow day once in awhile too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not disappointed at all here in the PNW. I have plenty to keep me busy while I wait for my Book and ruler. Those Half Chevrons are going under the needle slowly but surely. I may need to draw more lines if I counted wrong. As with the other clues I'm doing a few in your colors. I could change my mind and use the Green in place of the Black ones I have made. I will wait and see where they fit into the mystery. No guesses on my wall. No snow, just Freezing Fog here in Walla Walla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. pmcrowther@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. I so enjoy your blogs. The picture of the Cast Iron, Irons brings back memories of days long ago. Yes I did use those, it was my job to do the family ironing. Either heated them on the wood burning stove or set in front of the fireplace. Ironed everything including underwear.

      Delete
  3. You do find the most beautiful things antiquing..that chair would be wonderful if re upholstered.if price is right that is..
    Im loving this mystery very much.
    Thank you Bonnie.
    So happy for you finally selling your cabin. Have fun remodeling your Virginia cabin! You have excellent taste I must say.Girl after my own heart.

    Debra in Ma.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie you are fantastic ...and would you please give son Jeff a big huge hug and kiss from all of us !

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the vintage quilt behind today's quote.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you're preparing for a "Give a Mouse a Cookie" re-do at your cabin! That's how it always goes around here...
    And I shouldn't be complaining about getting 125 Christmas cards out ;)
    Don't forget to breathe Bonnie! And Thanks for all you share with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If the new owners of the North Carolina cabin were there during your brief storm, don't worry a bit about them. Since they were from Erie, PA they certainly know how to handle snow.The national weather service tracks our snowfall each year for the "Snowglobe" award. I thoroughly appreciate your high energy level and your kindness to all of us quilters. And I second that hug suggestion for Jeff. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading your blog every morning makes me smile. I really smiled this morning when I saw the little Singer machine. I have this machine as my mother used it to make my baby cloths in early 40's. I've tried and tried to sew with it but don't have the right twist of my wrists to make it work. Lol Thanks for your daily reads!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tell Jeff to be careful going up and down the drive...don’t need any accidents. We want you both safe, even if it means our having to wait for books. That’s not the end of the world! Have a safe and happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Saw the photo of you with Mona and her husband this morning and thought you were wearing gnome hat. LOL I do love your reading your blog each morning.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the chair. What can I say.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Bonnie, for all you and Jeff did to get those orders out! I set my alarm at 3:00am on Monday here in Alaska to assure that I would score a book, and now I find it so funny that shipping was delayed a bit due to snow, when we have very little here! Please enjoy our snow for a while, and then ship it back home with my book! 😉 Thsnks for all you do! I’m loving this year’s mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Bonnie, don‘t take the pressure some nasty customers are sending your way. You are working really hard, the have no clue how much work must be done to get that much rders done.
    I hope you have at least some moments to enjoy the Adventszeit 🎄
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you from me for all you and Jeff have done with getting orders out for others. I have not been able to get mine ordered yet, so I am glad the orders are open again did not go to the shopping cart yet. I am so busy with my husband, I have not even been able to try to order a book since the first go round of orders. I hope you can enjoy your snow, but also hope you will soon have enough of a thaw that you can get up and down your drive way. I am enjoying looking at everybody's mystery colors too, as I have not started one yet. Maybe by January I can begin the new one. I have gifts to finish making yet and no time to sew. Poor me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bonnie, just an idea about those old irons you pictured, they would make great door stops at Quiltville Inn and look so charming. ��

    ReplyDelete
  16. *Sigh* I am so disappointed I didn't get to share in the beautiful sunrise with you!! We have had an inversion here, trapping clouds about 2000 feet above the valley floor, so the mountains surrounding me have lovely sunshine and sunrises, but not so much here. Love your outdoor pictures - your woods are so much thicker than the woods where I am out west.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so impressed with your assembly line packaging! I wish I lived closer so I could come help for a day as I love organization. I totally understand your reasoning for the "wave" of orders. I ordered something online and have been told it was delayed due to the snow in the SE. LOL. It was being sent from CA to AK!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the quiltville quote today. I had shoulder surgery on Friday, and was able to do a little sewing on Monday, more today, after doing range of motion exercises. I even pushed a little snow off my front deck and sweeped the stairs. But I am tied tonight, so will go to bed early. Sewing, gardening, dancing, all help take my mind off things. It is a type of meditation, like being in nature.

    I wish you luck that the next storm coming through will not dump a bunch more snow on you. I am being patient, everyone saying how the store is out of books, their disappointment. BUT, I know there will eventually be books there for us all.

    Donna
    in snowy Kasilof, AK

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can only do what you can do, the weather has interrupted you sending of the books and that is out of our control. Love you sunrise in the trees with the snow so pretty and you antiques finds are so interesting. That chair is ugly and would need reapulstering for sure but it is a nice shape.
    Hope you have a good day
    Quilty hugs
    Anne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ya know...those old irons would make really cute door stops at Quiltville!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those old irons might have made interesting coat hooks. Wondering around antique shops is very relaxing, no expectations and tons of warm memories most of the time.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)