>>>>

Sunday, July 22, 2018

A Whirlwind of Wanderlust!


20180721_162537
I’m saying good bye to all of these wonderful ladies and headed south today – braving the I-95 corridor on my way to Burke and Manassas, Virginia!

The past 4 days have flown by so quickly – it always does.  And yet we always remark about the fact that it does so.

Three whirlwind classes on 3 separate days, full to capacity with machines running, fabric flying, lines of threads joining pieces, and joining memories as well!

I really have had the best time and I’m looking forward to being back next year.

If you missed this year, and you are within traveling distance of Mary’s Quilt Shop in Bedford, Pennsylvania – I’ll also be teaching this same Wanderlust workshop the last weekend of August.  Click my Calendar of Events tab the top of the blog and scroll to the August section, and click the August 30th & 31st dates for information – the link to contact the shop for more info is there.

20180721_143950


We work from the outside in, getting all of the colors in place before sewing together!

My Essential Triangle Tool makes it so easy to create these blocks from just two simple strip widths – 1 1/2’’ and 2 1/2’’.  Come learn to use the ruler with me and have some summer fun before Labor Day rolls around! 

Wanderlust is found in my book Addicted to Scraps.

20180721_150839

Oh yes, they were SEW Busy!

20180721_144130

This one is ready to piece the tiny center star – and then we can sew it all together!

20180721_143925

Gettin’ it done on a lovely 301!

20180721_223054

Charlotte’s gorgeous blocks!

20180721_221855

Well done, ladies!!

20180721_222053

Thank you A&E Threads for the Signature 60 wt 3 ply gift pack door prizes!

You’ll find the rest of our day in the video below.  Click to play:



When friends Marti and Carrie stopped by yesterday for a visit, and a chance for dinner out before our 7pm gathering, a plan was hatched.

Though they live in Delaware, Carrie is on her way for a weeks worth of training in Sumpter, South Carolina next weekend.  Knowing that I am stopping in Burke and Manassas to pick up furnishings for Quiltville Inn, Carrie offered to take all the BIG STUFF (including a treadle machine and other big items) in her vehicle leaving me with an empty van for picking up everything I can fit on my journey home – and she would bring the other load to me on her way down to South Carolina.

The only thing that wouldn’t fit in her truck??

July 21, 2018 at 01_50PM

The “too much chocolate” wide bottomed rocker!  LOL!

It DOES fit in my van, and I’m ever so grateful that I still drive a van long after soccer-mom status is behind me.

I’m hitting the road as soon as this posts – we will catch you tomorrow from somewhere along the line!

July 22, 2018 at 07_43AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Quilt found in Verona, Virginia.

Focus on your own abilities and how to grow them instead of comparing and keeping pace with someone else.

Have a lovely Sunday, everyone!


5 comments:

  1. HI Bonnie
    I cannot find your contact details. I would like to enquire about teaching in South Africa in 2021. Please let me know how I can contact you or email me at mariedut@mweb.co.za

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. quiltville@gmail.com will get you in contact.

      Delete
  2. I love rockers, so you have to wonder why I don't have one in my home? I can just see a sweet old married couple rocking together on that rocker.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the knowledge. It is very interesting information.





    สถาบันครอบครัว

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ll also be teaching this same Wanderlust workshop.
    Heathrow airport cheap parking

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)