>>>>

Friday, June 29, 2018

Warning: Zombie Day Ahead!

20180628_210628-001
I dragged my weary carcass through my front door at 2:30am this morning.

WHAT. A. DAY!

(folks resting, sleeping, plugged in to wherever they can – this is the corridor between the “plane train” stations in the Atlanta airport underground.)

Things were beautiful in Chicago, the problem happened to be Atlanta and the storm systems that put Atlanta on ground lock down for more than 2 hours – creating the proverbial tail spin reaction.

My flight out of O’Hare was delayed a couple of hours, my flight once I arrived in Atlanta first moved from a 7:29pm departure, to a 8pm departure, then a 9pm departure, then a 9:45pm departure….and a gate change…to a 10:15pm departure, only to find the plane had a problem and a new plane was ordered.

Then our 11:15pm departure turned into a 12:30am departure as we sat on the plane for more than an hour while they shuffled baggage around.


20180628_151348

Glamor job?  THINK AGAIN!

20180628_201204-001

But at least you can get a decent dinner at the Atlanta airport!

20180629_013348-001

Waiting at baggage claim for a bag that didn’t show up.

Two bags made it, one bag did not – arriving on a later flight that was due in at 3:30am, and I was NOT hanging around to wait for it.  They will deliver it to my door.

I reached home at 2:30am and crawled into bed, just so happy to be here.

But I have to say the other passengers around me also refused to let a few weather hiccups get them down and I had fun talking to folks from far and wide – we made it through! (And I am sure they are all feeling the effects this morning as well.)

And I have some exciting news! Click to play:



Pencils arrived on my porch via UPS while I was still slumbering.

I’ve put them in the Quiltville Store with the Date Keepers.

You’ll find them under the NEW ITEMS category.

These are limited to stock on hand.  More will be ordered when these are gone.

International folks – please remember that you must add your international postage by clicking the global shipping category in the store BEFORE checking out.

For USA orders only: Shipping is free on orders of $75.00 and over ONLY IF you remember to use code FREE75 at purchase.  If you forget, I am unable to refund you.  Please remember to use the code for your free shipping.

We’ve got a busy 4th of July week ahead, our next Leader & Ender challenge will be posted in the next few days – and there is so much going on here.

Orders will be shipped in the order that they were received, around everything else that is going on and I so appreciate your patience. 

And I will be drawing for our June Quilty Box winners TONIGHT!  Get your entry in HERE.

When it rains, it pours!  And it’s all good.

June 29, 2018 at 09_59AM

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Sister's choice quilt shared during our sit and stitch on Wednesday evening from a previous workshop


Good friends that keep you laughing are so very important!

Hooray for Fridays!


7 comments:

  1. Glad they will deliver your missing bag to your door. Waiting for my Sister at the New Hobby Lobby opening today in our old mall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Crossing my fingers that there are still some left when I get home tonight. I saw some of my favorite quilts and a few from the new book go by as you were flipping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:15 PM EDT

    Bonnie you are such a trooper and a great writer to. Love to read your Quips and Snips. Take care......

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband travels a lot and we always say, hi ho, the glamorous life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you just go with the flow. Better all this happens on the trip home than when you are heading to another wonderful workshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a great positive attitude - and I always think that you have pretty great traveling luck. But I did want to point out that at 1:34am - you already had 639 steps. You hopefully can't say that everyday... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I sure do enjoy reading the adventures of Bonnie Hunter every morning while I eat my breakfast! Thanks you so much for your generosity as you share your life and quilty wisdom with us all!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)