>>>>

Thursday, March 15, 2018

A Pineapple Blossom Afternoon!

20180314_213443
Me and the lovely ladies of the Quilters Plus Quilt Guild of Glenwood Illinois!

These gals have worked so hard behind the scenes to make these couple of days possible.

And they have the shirts to prove it!

With classes holding 50 students, a bigger location was needed, and they found a BEAUTIFUL place at the Glenwoodiie Golf & Country Club.

A lovely facility, with 85 years of history just 25 minutes drive south of downtown Chicago.

And LUNCH was served in between the guild meeting, my presentation and the start of the workshop for workshop attendees.

The shirts all say Bonnie Hunter Pineapple Blossom on them.  They planned ahead!

20180314_093421


We filled the house!

There is something to be said for daytime guild meetings.  The feeling was so much more refreshed – or maybe that was just on MY part as I had slept like the proverbial rock the night before after our event at the VFW hall in Lockport.

I know that I, myself, am SOLAR powered, and am already loving the effects of longer daylight now that our time has changed back to Spring Forward.  (I wish they would just KEEP it here.)  but the abundant sunlight outside was just energizing for everyone.  It’s so much easier to give a presentation after a good night’s sleep, rather than at the end of a very busy teaching day.

Just the facts, Jack!

20180314_212917

Cutting strips, Trimming blocks!

20180314_143108

Simple Stitching – such an easy and fun pattern.

Have you made one?

The free pattern for Pineapple Blossom is found under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  Grab some scrap strips and get busy!

20180314_143541

Whoowhooo! Sewing up a storm!

20180314_212846

Round one done, and corners on!

20180314_150130

6 blocks, and the resulting bonus blocks as well!

20180314_212815

Block made with 2 1/2’’ strips on the left,
Block made with 2’’ strips on the right!
Choices and options are always good.

20180314_213646

Always up for a photo op with the Wisconsin girls!

Click for the rest of our fun:


4 hours just flew by way too quickly.

Before we knew it, it was time to pack up, head out – get some dinner and a good night’s sleep because today we do it all over again with a Scrappy Trips workshop!

20180314_153323

Great job, everyone!

I had plans.  Grandiose plans.  It was the one night I was going to be able to grab a quick dinner, set up Cathy’s machine in the hotel room, put on some mindless TV and stitch the night away until bedtime at 10:30 or so. 

20180314_203709

The fact that I had a dozen blocks cut out and ready to stitch in my suitcase? Add a day of travel, and 2 very long teaching days into the mix and I quickly discovered that I only had just enough gas to stitch one block before giving up and crawling into bed! But one block is better than none!

This morning I’m checking out of this hotel.  After today’s workshop is over with Quilters Plus, we are grabbing a bit of dinner on our way to dropping me off in Joliet where I’ll be picked up by the Illinois Valley Quilt Guild of Ottawa, IL for the next couple days – the last stop on my whirlwind Illinois tour.

IMG_20180315_063034_659000_wm

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Vintage sunflower quilt shared by Cathy during my visit to Lockport, IL.

If you are going to be anything, be genuine!

Have a great Thursday, friends!



6 comments:

  1. Bonnie,
    Wish I could have come to your lecture and workshop. I love your designs and your mystery quilt alongs. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,
    Wish I could have come to your lecture and workshop. I love your designs and your mystery quilt alongs. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some Pineapple Crazy blocks somewhere. They are probably lonely. Thanks for the Free patterns. My On Ringo Lake will be hanging in the Tri-Cities Quilt Show next week. Can't wait to get a better picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the Pineapple Blossom with you in Rochester, NY and loved it. The problem with genuine- is that some people are genuinely bitter, mean, and manipulation. Genuine needs a qualifier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to your program tonight in Ottawa and attending my first Bonnie Hunter class tomorrow. I'm super excited. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Had so much fun at the workshop. I can hardly wait to stitch more blocks. BUT, first I had to go back to my scrap bins and mix up my neutrals more. You inspired me so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)