>>>>

Monday, September 18, 2017

Quilt-Cam Sunday! 9/17/2017

homeecmel1
Yesterday was a Quilt-Cam Sunday from the basement studio at Quiltville!

I’m not sure how long it has been since we were able to do a Sunday afternoon sew-in together, but this was most needed and so much fun.  I loved that those in Europe were able to join in as it wasn’t the usual middle-of-the-night occurrence in their time zone.

This may have meant that those Down Under missed it, but that’s what re-runs are for!

Isn’t this photo adorable!  This is in from Home Ec with Mel!

She writes:
Hi Bonnie!  Thanks for Quilt-Cam today. Paul has finished his quilt and wanted to share it. It's now ready to head to its forever home later today. 
The new owner is a trucker buddy at the local school so the teddy bear came to help make the quilt.
Mel and her hubby also own a fleet of vintage machines and it is always fun to see what they are up to!

renate

Holy Moly!!

This isn’t printed fabric, it’s tiny HEXIES!!

This beautiful sea scape creation is from Renate in Germany. 
Hi Bonnie,
I am so glad to catch you today live!
I am still working on my tiny hexies, this is the sandy bottom with riff and some water. That's about a quarter of the height.
It is so much fun to work together this way, even though we're hundreds of miles apart.
Take care and all the best to you and your family!
Rain from Nordheim, Germany
This is just incredible, and I love watching it grow!  And I love that we can share our love of quilting across the ocean as well.  Stunning.  I am gobsmacked!

There were so many wonderful shares, I wish I could post them all.

Connie1

Connie sent in her progress on this year’s Leader & Ender Challenge.
Checkerboard Rails!

Connie2

Whooowhoooooo!

Connie this is going to be SO GREAT!!  Mine is up at the cabin, and now that last year’s Hourglass challenge is done, I can focus on this one too….seeing yours gets me SO excited!

You can find the directions for the Checkerboard Rails Leader & Ender Challenge under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

NIcoleC1

Nicole is watching while she cuts her neutrals!
Hi Bonnie! Love your designs. My leader ender project is your twirl around quilt. I love my neutrals!! Just a sampling.
Thanks for tuning in!

20170917_153209

Just a sampling of what I had going on yesterday.

Indigo borders, joining binding, and Sugar Bowl Blocks, oh, my!

Click the arrow on the screen to join on in:


We did it! We made it through without the internet dropping out like it did last time!

Remember if you are seeing nothing but a black box you need to try a different browser.  Likely you are in IE, which won’t work. Try Chrome or Fire Fox.

Today’s agenda includes dropping off 11 quilts at FedEx and getting them on their way for photography in California.  Travel safe, quilts! And yes, I am 8/12 the way done with pattern sections and I have taken enough photos of every inch of the remaining 4 that I can continue writing while they are out of my hands.  They will be back by the time I return from China – and on we go!

All of this desk work has me feeling like a pretzel and I am calling the chiro to see if I can be squeezed in to get the kinks out this afternoon.

Packing for Florida is also on the list – and I am happy to report that my book boxes that have been held in limbo for more than a week due to hurricane issues are ON THE TRUCK and are supposed to be delivered today so there will be books available for my lecture tomorrow night in Boca Raton, as well as workshops to follow.  Small miracles to help ease the stress just a bit.

20170918_091517

If I’m lucky, these borders may go on!
(Still 5 units short on one border.)

20170918_091532

Binding is now pressed and ready to apply, but I’m not feeling like quilt wrestling right now!

May save this for next cabin trip.

And I think that catches us up for today.  Oh, tomorrow.  You definitely don’t want to miss my post tomorrow – word has it that there is a Quilty Box Give-away happening!

9_18_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

It doesn't matter what we say these days, there is always someone to object, say they are offended, and tension is everywhere.

My goal this week is to remember that I can choose whether to be offended or not in return.

We can't control what other people do, but we can control how we react to it.

There is o need to get offended as well, just flush it and move on.  (“Flush it!” was my Grannie’s saying, and I miss her dearly. She was spot on!)

Have a great Monday, everyone!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

17 comments:

  1. Thanks for QuiltCam! Always fun to see what everyone shares. Safe travels to Florida for you & hope your Quilts arrive safe in California. Glad the truck issue is resolved. It's a Quilt Guild Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again it was so much fun to sit & watch you on Quilt-Cam. I always learn something new & just enjoy your optimism in such a depressing time right now! Have a wonderful few trips & look forward to watching the next Quilt-Cam! I read your post daily & look forward to that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Going to steal your Grannie's saying - love it! There is so much that can be "flushed" and you're right - she was spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to miss your quilt cam yesterday but I'm looking forward to catching up on it shortly! Love your granny's "flush it" saying...she was a wise woman.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved quilt cam. Bonnie, is there ever a cotton shirt you won't use? I have some given to me and they are very soft and thin but tightly woven. Also, do you use homespuns with your shirting fabrics? I love the Sugar bowl block!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved quilt cam. Bonnie, is there ever a cotton shirt you won't use? I have some given to me and they are very soft and thin but tightly woven. Also, do you use homespuns with your shirting fabrics? I love the Sugar bowl block!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bonnie, I loved your sayings at the end. My favorite, and my motto in life is the third one, you can't control what other people do but you can control how you react to it! Yes, it's sometime very hard to keep your mouth shut! And I love your Grammie's saying "flush it"! I'm definitely going to steal it!Have a wonderful day Bonnie and safe travels to Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am new to your group. I was lucky to catch my first life quit cam. Been watching you on Youtube. I now know what to do with all the scraps I've been saving all these years. I probably have enough scraps to do every leader/ender you've created. I am working on the newest and will filter through my treasured scraps to make even more. Thank you so much for giving my stash new life. Judy Davis newest scrap addict

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks Bonnie for your blogs and quilt cams! I learn,I laugh, and I cry sometimes but it helps me to keep on pushing what ever the day brings. I also love grannies saying,"just flush it" and plan to use the phrase! Grannies lives on in her wisdom...she would be so pleased! Prayers for safe travel🙏🙏 and for Mark. God bless you👍👏😘🤗🐝🐝

    ReplyDelete
  10. I watched quilt cam yesterday afternoon here! Love your broadcasts. I've been eagerly webbing for the last few weeks. So glad you had movement on your books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL love it! "Flush It!" I think I'll have to borrow that ;) I learned the hard way but in the long run it taught me so much more about myself. Thank you Bonnie for sharing so much more than just quilting with us all <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved watching Quiltcam when I got home from work today!
    You have so many quilts on the go and so many irons in the fire, I don't know how you manage to keep it all straight!
    Love the positive comment you posted today (I love them all) but I really try hard to not be offended or upset by other people's rudeness or anger. I say to myself (usually out loud)... that's who they are and it has nothing to do with me because I know my heart and my intentions. Then I say a little prayer for the healing that they need to be softer, kinder, and more understanding. And then I let it go...and return my mind to wonderful creative thoughts :)
    But I don't have nearly the volume of interactions to deal with that you do, so it must be very challenging.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that blue, cheddar and neutrals quilt! It will be a stunner! So glad to have quiltcam! Always helps make a day go better. Safe journeys for you and your quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love today's quote and must really remember to flush the hurtful comments that are sometimes made. Just loving your quil the borders are going to really look fabulous. I really enjoyed your live quilt cam on Sunday so nice to catch you live. Hope your quilts have a safe journey to California and hope you have a great trip to Florida with your books.
    Love and quilty hugs
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad for the folks in Florida to host your presentations. One of my favorite parts is the video of all their finishes. It's just so enlightening to see how others took your pattern and made something different.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for your comment today. It was so timely. My family is currently hosting an exchange student and last week he told me he doesn't like our values, what I ask of him or even how I ask. He couldn't give any examples however. He said everything is my fault. After days of contemplating this, he has insulted everything about me and my family in the course of a 45 minute conversation. I could chalk it up to self-centered teenager, but it's deeper than that, unfortunately. We are terminating the hosting contract and he must find another home within 4-6 weeks or he goes to live with the rep.
    In the meantime he is "stuck" with us and we are in limbo. Of course my son is quite angry and wants to protect me and so we have had a conversation about doing what is right, not what we feel we want to do just because we have been egreciously insulted. I joke that I feel like Elizabeth Bennett. Oh, is this what she felt? I get it now.
    Loved the video (via youtube, I don't do FB). As always, quilt on~

    ReplyDelete
  17. So sad to have to miss "live" quilt cam Sunday. Attended a birthday party for my husband's cousin's 95th birthday. What fun. Love the teddy bear picture. Have a great week in safety. Will be watching re-run of QC today. Also love your grannie's quote, will be snitching that also.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)