>>>>

Sunday, January 01, 2017

En Provence, Part 7– La Grande Révélation!

reveal1
Click HERE for Printer-Friendly Version!

Happy 2017, everyone!

Every year I think of running our mystery beyond New Year’s Day – can’t we push it one more week?  Does it have to end?  Can’t we keep the suspense and the fun going just a bit longer?

Alas, my 2017 crazy travel year starts on Tuesday, and I need to put this mystery to bed and move on to what this year will bring.

We did end up with an extra week this year due to how the 4th Friday in November fell, and today’s wind-up is Part 7.  It’s been great to feel this relaxed through the whole process, doesn’t it?

This post will be a long one as we have pushed so much to the end of the mystery due to arriving shipments of the Essential Triangle Tool so pour yourself a cuppa, settle in, get your printer going, and READ READ READ.  I do the best I can to word things in a way that most can understand. Sometimes it helps to re-read something two or three times.

I find the best way to do this is to print the pages – walk away from the computer.  Sit in my comfy chair with a highlighter, and read read read, underlining key places and piece counts and sizes and anything I think will be of help to me as I go.  And then read it again.  And then start cutting and sewing.

 20161228_124947


There are still some units to be made but before we do, let’s recap what we’ve done up to this point.
  • Part 1: Neutral 4 patches
  • Part 2: Magenta-Hibiscus/Neutral Tri-Recs
  • Part 3: Purple 4 patches
  • Part 4: Purple/Neutral Tri Recs
  • Part 5: Purple/Neutral half-square triangles
  • Part 6: Green/Purple/Neutral Hour-glass units
With Part 7 we need to make some Hour-glass units with a different color:

green_yellow_neutral_tri1

Green/Yellow/Neutral Hour Glass units!

Units will measure 3 1/2’’ and finish at 3’’ in the quilt.

Make 80.

To make these, please follow the directions for Part 6 of our En Provence Mystery substituting the purple 2’’ strips with the yellows if you are using the Essential Triangle Tool.  These are completely scrappy, not made in sets. 

You can use ANY method for making these units that you prefer, just the same as you did for Part 6.  If you were using “regular” rotary cutting methods, you would start with 4 1/4’’ squares, slicing each twice with an X on the diagonals to yield 4 quarter-square triangles from each square.

These units will not nest with anything so you can either spin the seams on the back like a 4 patch, press the center seam open, or press to one side.  Up to you! 

20161228_134629

Some of my extras!  I got a bit over-zealous!

We also need to cut 16 sets of 4 matching 3 1/2’’ squares for the blocks in the quilt.

yellowsquares1

3 1/2’’ Background squares
 Cut 16 sets of 4

I didn’t duplicate any of my sets of 4, but I did use some of these same yellows in the hour-glass units above.

Once these are cut, we are ready to lay out blocks and start ASSEMBLY!

enprovenceblock1

15’’ finished block!

Make 16!

Lay out units as shown, paying attention to the directions of the 4 patches and the hour-glass units.  Join units into rows, alternating seams so they nest from row to row. Start by pressing row 1 away from the corner units, and center tri-rec, and toward the 4-patches.  Let the other rows follow suit.  

Join rows to complete block.  Make 16.

enprovencesashing1

Sashing Unit

3’’ X 15’’ finished.

Make 40.

Lay out units as shown, keeping all units in this orientation.  These will go in between your blocks, so check your block pressing to be sure these units will nest with how you’ve pressed. 

Press the hour glass units toward the center four patch and toward the Tri Recs. I admit it, sometimes I will flip a seam, and finger press it to go where I need it to.  

There are a lot of points and seams meeting each other and some areas may be bulky.  You can also choose to press seams open if you wish.

enprovencecenter1

Quilt center before borders.

Lay out blocks and sashings, using 25 of the neutral 4-patches from part 1 as cornerstones. 

Assemble rows, joining the rows to complete quilt center. 

Yes, I webbed mine!  Learn more about “Webbing the Top” by reading the tutorial found under the Tips & Techniques tab at the top of the blog.  I webbed my blocks this same way.  Press.

border4patch1

Border 1 fill-in units.

Make 32 from 64 neutral 4-patches.

Units will measure 3 1/2’’ X 6 1/2’’ and finish at 3" X 6" in the border.

If you are a "one neutral as background" quilter, and you did not piece your 4-patches, you will cut 32 3 1/2'' X 6 1/2'' rectangles at this point.

Enprovenceborder1

With 1st border added!

Use these “double 4-patches” (or substitute plain rectangles) along with alternating magenta/hibiscus and dark purple tri-recs units and 4 more 4-patches used as cornerstones to complete border 1.  

I love that the star points float out into those neutral areas!

yardageview1

Quilt Top Complete!

Join the remaining 4-patches end to end to create 4 border lengths: 2 side borders with 27 units, and 2 top & bottom borders with 29 units each. Press.

Join the shorter borders to the quilt sides, pinning to match centers and ends.  If 4-patch seams were spun correctly, all spinning the same direction, each and every one of these 4-patches should nest to the one next to it.  Put a smile on your face and give 3 cheers if they do!  Press border seams toward the borders just added.

Add top and bottom 4-patch borders in the same manner.  Press.

Those "one neutral only" quilters would just cut border strips at 3 1/2'' wide (or any desired width) and add a plain border to replace the 4-patch border the others are doing.

DSC_0368

From our Thanksgiving in Key Largo!

DSC_0371

I finished the binding on this trip!

20161228_124922

Close up!

En Provence was quilted in an “old rose” thread with an edge to edge design called Whisper by Melonie J Caldwell.

20161228_124929

Close up of one corner.

I had a piece of “barely lavender” yardage that was just perfect as binding. I like to use 2’’ strips in my double-fold binding, giving me a 1/4’ finish.

20161228_124903

En Provence, at home in North Carolina!

It’s been an amazing journey! And because Part 6 and Part 7 were right on top of each other, we are not going to do our Mystery Monday Link-Up, tomorrow.  I’m going to gift you a bit of a reprieve and we will do it NEXT Monday, January 9th which will give more people a chance to participate.

After that, our final Mystery Monday Link-Up will take place on Monday February 6th.  I look forward to seeing what you have to share at that time!

Because we are passing on tomorrow’s Link-Up, and because I want to do something that is open to ALL, not just those who have blogs, Flickr, Instagram, Google+ or Pinterest, I’ve got something SPECIAL for you and it starts TODAY:

20161228_145022_001

It’s an En Provence Gift-Away!

This idea all started with the beautiful Provence Calendar that was donated by a reader.  I have sweetened the deal by adding volume one bundle from Britain’s Quilt Now, and vol 14 of Quiltmaker’s 100 blocks by 100 designers with my block Straits of Mackinac inside.  There is also a Quilting Hottie magnet, an “It’ll Quilt Out!” pin, and a ONE YEAR PRE-PAID STAR MEMBERSHIP SUBSCRIPTION to The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson & Ricky Tims.

*Quilt Not Included!!*  

We will draw for our winner of this bundle Sunday Evening, Jan 8th – while I’m in Prescott, AZ.



Thanks again for a wonderful mystery season, everyone.  It’s been a fabulous year, and I look forward to sharing everything that 2017 has to bring us.

1_1_2017

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Iron Cross Quilt, circa 1920 found in Ohio.

Go tackle 2017 and make it the best year yet!


Follow me on Instagram!

Follow my Quiltville Page on Facebook for more fun!

Join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

112 comments:

Jo Tijskens said...

thanks for this new year present, happy 2017

Joy Heasley said...

OH Bonnie, I knew there was a reason I could not sleep tonight! Another beauty! Thank you so much for all the time, effort, talent and love you put into these mysteries! Hugs from Alaska! Joy

Karen said...

Bonnie,the quilt is beautiful!!! On my list for this summer!💕

Jan said...

Thank you Bonnie . I am in Uk and I have been peaking throughout the night thinking I wonder If Bonnie will do the reveal . I got behind again but we are having a lazy day today which means I can sew. Now I can sew and catch up . Making a smaller version so just maybe I will have a top tonight x

Marsha said...

Thanks for all of your posts. Love following your work.

Bente Antonsen said...

It is beautiful!! Sewing room next! Thank you Bonnie.

Mrs T-W said...

Oh my word! This quilt pattern is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to get my quilt finished!

You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your quilt-y awesomeness with us. :-)

Happy New Year!

Mtntop Quilter said...

Another mystery winner. Thank you for the beautiful scrappy design. More stash used up for me. Happy 2017 to you and your family. Keep on Scrappin!!

Genee' Davis said...

Happy 2017 and Safe travels in the New Year!❤❤
This is an absolutely beautiful quilt Bonnie!
Thank you for ALL you do for us each and every day! You are truly appreciated!💕💕💕💕 God Bless you and your family! ❤

Emmbee said...

What a fabulous surprise! Thank You! Have a happy and creative year.

Jeanne said...

Thank you Bonnie. This is a wonderful gift to celebrate the new year. The very best to you and your family.

Koo B said...

Bonnie, You are a Marvel!!!! Another beautiful quilt........Thank you so much. Your posts, and especially this mystery have not only taught me so much about quilt construction, but also three new close friends with whom I now sew chat and laugh. :)

I hope you have a really really good 2017

Candy said...

En Provence sparkles and twinkles like crystal, Bonnie! I especially love the photo of you gazing out to sea, draped in your beautiful quilt. Peace to you in 2017.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Beautiful, just spectacular! Thank you!! These mystery quilts are like a very long, good book. It's an epic journey and you don't really want it to end ;-)

Nancy Bekedam said...

Thank you, Bonnie!!! This has been my first mystery QAL, and it's been a blast!!! Love the final quilt. I'll be making more of your quilts now--need to use up that 30 year old stash!!!

Susie Hoover said...

Thank you, Bonnie! What another fun journey with you! You give so much and we are grateful!

dortha said...

Thank you so much. Put me down for the drawing. dorthac at aol.com.

pat said...

Absolutely beautiful . . . Thank you for letting me be a part of this. Looking forward to my second MQ later this year . . . hopefully.

Colleen Yarnell said...

This so beautiful!!!

Ingrid Jatho said...

Thank you Bonnie for an amazing quilt experience. It was my first mystery quilt and I thoroughly enjoyed the journey. Thank you also for all the tips, we learnt a lot


- Ingrid Jatho, Johannesburg South Africa

Barb in Mi said...

Bonnie: a Happy New Year to you!
And as always you have outdone yourself with another fabulous mystery quilt!
Thank you for all you do for the quilting community!

Janet Mezger said...

Thank you for this fun mystery quilt. It is beautiful. I have learned so much and am enjoying the process. Happy 2017.

Debra in Ohio said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful! Fantastic! I can't wait to get the last clue finished so I can see how my fabrics work since I changed the colors for the first time ever. Hope mine looks half as good as yours! Thank you so much for all that you do! Happy new year!

Carole said...

What a BEAUTIFUL mystery quilt, Bonnie. I love it. I can't wait to finish this one. Thank you for all you do for us. Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy new year.

Glenna Denman said...

The quilt is beautiful. You just make them better all the time. I don't know how you manage, but there it is. So talented and so generous. Thank you so much, Bonnie!

Beth said...

thank you thank you Bonnie for this wonderful fun mystery! I will enjoy our rainy day and dive in the studio! SO PRETTY!

Rhonda Kennedy said...

You have out done yourself again. Just beautiful. I am making this a king-size for my DIL in beachy colors. Now I can't wait to sit and piece these together today and tomorrow WHILE I have your king-size Talkin' Turkey on my frame quilting. :)
Thank you so much for all your efforts you put into your beautiful craft/career.

Linda Gless said...

Wow! This is my first MQ and I am blown away! It's so beautiful and I can't believe we got all the rest of it today. WAY BETTER THAN CHRISTMAS WAS! THANKS BONNIE!

Kim V said...

What a beautiful surprise. Thank you, and Happy New Year.

Kim V said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Andresa Strahm said...

Thank you so much for this quilt (and the Give-Away) reveal on New Year's Day. Because I'm only collecting the clues and not actually participating in the mystery this year, each week's post has come as a delightful surprise. There were just too many projects on my plate for me to even try and add this to mix this holiday season. However, I did buy the Brights bundle from Whittles Fabrics; having seen the colors I knew I'd want to make En Provence sometime in 2017. Having seen the final reveal, it's almost certainly going to move up the project list.

Thanks for all you give to us, Bonnie, from your generous heart. Looking forward to an exciting 2017.

AndiRae in MN

scrappy101 said...

Blessings for New Year
Thanks for the holiday company
As always, Beautiful!
Thankful to be the recipient of your talents
Thanks for the Mystery Fun

Kimberly Norman said...

This quilt is gorgeous

Brenda Wall said...

WOW - WOW - WOW
You have outdone yourself this year. I love it and can't wait until I get to start on my next clue and finish this one Thank you so much for all the work you put into these Mystery Quilts. Happy New Year and safe travels. 2017 has just begun!

Katie said...

Thank you Bonnie! Your generosity is much appreciated. I love it!

Jean Etheridge said...

Thank you for this wonderful quilt mystery experience. I am through part 5 and will work on the rest after my daughter and her family fly home later this week. My older grandson is using my 1941 Featherweight to piece a quilt today. He laid it out yesterday and sewed one row together before watching Alabama in the playoff football game. Everyone is still asleep this morning, so I am catching up on quilt blogs snuggled in bed under Celtic Soltice and Allietare.

Loris said...

Gorgeous finish here, Bonnie! Thank you for a wonderful design and huge inspiration. Happy New Year!

Reenie said...

Love this quilt. Thanks for all your hard work and time.

Sherry said...

Absolutely stunning. Thank you so much for all you do, can't wait to get my quilt together.

Peggyinno said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie! I was hoping for a reveal today and this has blown me away! I can't wait to get these new blocks done and start putting this together!! It is a beauty.
Thanks for all you do and give to us during the year. Safe travels!

Patricia said...

Thank you Bonnie. I LOVE IT !!!

Nann said...

Oooohhhhhhhh!
Love, love, love it.
Merci mille fois, Bonnie!

Marj said...

Love the finished quilt and am so glad that I made the units! I will have the top done by the end of January or sooner. Thank You!

Needled Mom said...

It is beautiful. Thank you and happy new year.

Aileen said...

Hi Bonnie. Happy New Year. Thank you for a fantastic mystery. I love this quilt. I have not started, but have saved all the clues. Hoping to start cutting this week.

Many thanks for inspiring me throughout the year. I watch the archived Quilt-Cam videos when I feel alone and uninspired. Your company via video always motivates me to do something. Whether it's clean up my sewing space or cut fabric, it is a calming and productive time well spent with you.

Best Wishes to you and your loved ones.

Aileen in Florida

Linda Carpenter said...

Bonnie, I can hardly wait to get to the afternoon... I thought there would be a repeat of six except with yellow and a yellow center...Yippee! but then had no clue as to what was next!Thank you, thank you, thank you...I think I am going to really like this one a lot and so will my daughter-in-love. Although, she is a "blue girl", when she saw the color scheme, she was smitten.
Have a wonderful new year 2017 is loaded with lots of challenges, but if we keep our perspectives high and look for the "silver lining" we will meet every challenge head-on and be victorious! (I'm through preaching!)
Blessings!

Crazy Cocker Quilting said...

Happy New Years Bonnie. Wow !I can't wait to finish clue 6 and 7. My first Bonnie Hunter quilt. Thank you..

Jan N said...

This is just beautiful!!! Thanks so much for all you do, You're a great teacher Bonnie, Happy New Year!!

Dot said...

Bonnie My first mystery with you. Just love it. Will be doing. More. Just loved the colors. All from my stash. Also your tool is great. Wishing you great New Year.

Joyce Jones said...

I appreciate all that you do to share your knowledge of quilting. I am a novice and love this hobby. Each of my children have received a quilt for Christmas and have one ready for a niece but this one I hope will be for me. Again, thank you for all you do and I love the mystery quilt. May you have a very happy, healthy and safe 2017! Happy New Year.

sallie said...

I am excited to work on finishing this up. Love it love ❤️ love ❤️ it!

Thank you for a super fun first time MQ experience.

Have a great 2017

Lori said...

Just beautiful! I love it. Thank you so much! It was so much fun. I appreciate these mysteries so much. Its a busy time of year but I love it. Its something for me- an awesome gift from you!

Pat Lee said...

I love this quilt reveal. I knew the colors were going to make a great quilt but this is amazing. It will be so fun to see what everyone comes up with and if they regret changing their colors now that your quilt is revieled. Thanks so much for another amazing quilt for us to love making.

Paula said...

Another BEAUTIFUL quilt, Bonnie. Thank you for all that yo do! I love, love, love it.
Happy New Year!

Midge said...

This has been my first mystery quilt and what a blast it's been! I love this quilt, and instead of a throw size, I'm going for the full size for my bed. Bonnie thank you so much for all you do - the MQ, all of it! I've happily joined the ranks of your dedicated fans, and I'm looking forward to lots of quilty fun in the months ahead. Blessings to your family in 2017!

Tosty's Quilting Tidbits said...

Once again, you hit it out of the park.😁 Thanks for the wonderfulness.

Kerry said...

Wonderful! Have been running behind with this but hopefully will catch up at some stage tomorrow or at least the day after. Thank you - this will be my second mystery with you! It's fun and exciting at the same time. I've learnt so much already and continue to do so. I do love stars!

Angie in SoCal said...

It's so beautiful! Thanks ever so much. Happy New Year.

Quilting_Chris said...

Bonnie, I treasure each mystery you give to us. En Provence is even better than I imagined in my mind it would be. I love having this to distract me from the holiday madness and stress. Thank you a million times over.

ChrisP

Tim and Donna Bredt said...

Bonnie, this quilt is just beautiful!! Thank you for making this pattern up for me to enjoy!

Neller said...

Thanks for a great mystery! I have learned a lot on this trip with you. The final reveal is beautiful!

Dena T said...

I was going through my emails to find this wonderful shocking surprise. I love love the quilt. Thank you Bonnie. I planned on cutting all weekend as it's snowing and very cold out there. I hope I get caught up. I really want to see this finished :)
Thank you again and Happy New Years :)

kathy johns said...

Thank you for the nice suprise! Working on these clues will be a great way to start the new year. Safe travels to you and have a spectacular year!

CindyT from Nebraska said...

sew beautiful thank you so much for your generosity of sharing your passion of quilts with us.

Tina said...

Wow! You out did your self this time. I absolutely love your quilt. I hope mine turns out as beautiful as yours. Thank you Bonnie for a great mystery. Happy New year!

Cathy Zimmerman said...

What is the size of this beautiful quilt?

Nancy Mccallum said...

Love it!

Deb Lindley said...

It's absolutely stunning, Bonnie! My Mother is going to love it - I'm creating this En Provence Mystery quilt as a Tribute to my Mom...Thank YOU!

Off to cut and sew ;-)
~Deb

Linda Swanekamp said...

Knocked it out of the park, just super, Bonnie! Thank you!!

Susann Chaplin said...

Wow Bonnie!!Another fabulous quilt!! My favorite colors, but the design is superb❣️❣️👍This is my first quilt with you and there are at least 5 others I want to make as well!! You are a wonder! Thank you for all the joy you give me and others. You are blessed. Happy New Year❣️❣️❣️🍾🎉

carole hill said...

Oh Bonnie, it is beautiful, I still have clues 5, 6, and 7 to go, but I'm really Happy with how it will look. Can't wait to finish it. thank you for doing this, as it is my first MQ. Thank you also for the givaway, It's pretty spectacular too! Have a great start to this New Year!

Brenda E. said...

I love, love it! My favorite MQ that I have participated in so far! Was working on my clue 4 and took a break and wow there it is and am happy with my color choices. Thanks and blessings for the new year!

Catholic Bibliophagist said...

This quilt is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing it with us. With best wishes for a Happy New Year.

TrulyBlessed said...

Yesterday I was smitten with the Garlic Knots and the incredible piano key border.

Today I am gobsmacked with this "Tres Fabuleux", En Provence Finish! I know, it's French, not Finnish.

You know how I adore Purple!

Thank you once again for all of your generosity.

My life has been so enriched by knowing you. You bring out the best in those you touch and you touch so many of us. Ripples. All of the ripples you are causing today and in years to come will be so positive.

Thank you Bonnie. Thank you Dave, Jason, Jeff and all the rest of Bonnie's family for sharing this sweet woman with us.

I wish you all Blessings in the New Year.

ASMcBurnie said...

Bonnie - what a beautiful quilt. I've not been able to participate in the mystery (way too many UFOs to finish) but I've saved the steps. I have the perfect fabric and will treat myself to this quilt later in the year.

Monica said...

Yikes, surprise! Now I know what I'll be doing this week. It's another beauty, Bonnie. So light and pretty, and I love that circle effect. Plus, I'm noticing that there aren't too many seams to match, and I appreciate that too! And it looks fantastic on the beach there. Thanks so much, another wonderful mystery! (which I didn't guess at all, btw. ;) )

Sheppard said...

Sooooooo beautiful. I had no idea! THANK YOU and have a great new year! I am making this one again!!

Candice said...

Thanks, Bonnie for NOT putting this quilt on point. Just amazing how the diagonals are still there and the sashing forms another block, so that it looks like it is on point! I am going to try very hard to to finish it before I see you in class in Denton, February 22. Happy New Year and please come back to the Dallas area in 2018.

bluetrellis said...

I have to say, making this quilt, along with so many others, has brought me alot of joy. As a beginner, learning each clue, which seemed like piecing 101 (and I needed that) and now putting this together will be a masterpiece. I am stunned by the beauty of this pattern. Thank you!!

Barb from the Hot,Humid, Deep South said...

Another great quilt. I will be starting before too long. Keep them coming. One day I will be posting pics. Thank you for all you do for the world of quilting!

Marcie Redeker said...

Thank you beyond words for this beautiful En Provence! and for helping me improve my sewing and quilting skills. I've learned so much from you and I'm so thankful!!

Deb M said...

It's gorgeous!!!

Jeanne Lose said...

This is the first time I have ever done a mystery quilt. It has been really fun. Thanks for sharing it with us, Bonnie. It's been a wonderful experience and I love the quilt. Hope mine is as beautiful as your when it's done!

Shari Z said...

Thank you Bonnie! The quilt is really stunning. So looking forward to finishing mine.
Have a wonderful New Year and enjoy the first trip of 2017!

Donna Endresen said...

Happy New Year, Bonnie!

Thank You so Much for En Provence. It is beautiful! Just the right colors for my bedroom in my new retirement home. I love stars, and Purples and green are the colors of my room. A Quilt after my own Heart.

I hope you have a wonderful year on your Quilting Travels!

Donna
Kasilof, AK
Where the sun is shining bright today!

norma v said...

Thank you, so much!

J Barham said...

Bonnie, I have a question regarding my order. Will you please contact me? Thank you.
Happy New Year!

Joyce Barham
barhamjoyce@gmail.com

Pam said...

Hi Bonnie - you've got the 4 sets of 16 3-1/2" squares labeled as background in the caption, but mention yellow in the subsequent text. They look yellow, too- could the picture be mislabeled?

Thanks for the great pattern!
Pam @ The Stitch

HelenMarie said...

WOW Bonnie! This is my favorite mystery quilt so far! I absolutely LOVE it and can't wait until mine is finished and hung! (I'm making a miniature so I can use it as a wall hanging in my lavender studio!
hm

Jeanne said...

A beautiful mystery quilt as usual. Thank you so much for all you do to make this happen every year.

KMSC said...

Purple is my favorite color, so you can imagine how much I LOVE this quilt! Another great quilt; maybe my favorite. Thank you for sharing your talents with us.
Happy New Year!

Sharon Thomsen said...

I love this! So fresh! Thanks so much for sharing this. I love my current project with the colors suggested but really wish there was a coloring book page that I could use to choose other options to make it again.

Sharon Siacci said...

Beautiful

Deborah Hanna said...

This quilt is absolutely stunning! Thank you, Bonnie for all you have done for us! Happy New Year to the Hunter family! ~ Debi

Agneta quilts said...

Dear Bonnie, I am so happy that I stayed (reluctantly though, I admit) with your color choices, the "En Provance" quilt is lovely in all aspects of the word. I will be getting the magenta fabric today, otherwise I"m done with all older clues and I will enjoy trying to finish the new clues today and then hopefully start with the blocks tomorrow. I am so grateful for the pattern!!! How nice to be able to use some of my older fabric - making it Ok to fill the spaces with new...

Regards
Agneta in Sweden

chrissy said...

Sooo beautiful!!!

ShirlR said...

Wonderful, wonderful, Bonnie; this quilt is so beautiful! Thank you so much for the fun of this Mystery journey. Can't wait to get mine finished. Blessings and Happy New Year to you and your family.

Carolyn said...

This will be my third Mystery Quilt that I have participated in. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pattern with your readers. Love the colors. Last night my 4 year old granddaughter wanted to know who I was making it for. When I responded that I didn't know, she told me that she would sure like to have it because the owl quilt I made her last year was old! Think we have another quilter coming up because she just oohs and ahs over what she calls my designing room filled with fabric!

Pdudgeon said...

thank you for a wonderful quilt and super directions to go with it.
I can do this!
LOL, i couldn't resist getting up in the midde of the night to go cut some more fabric for the last clue.
Boy have i used a lot of fabric! but that's the blessing of
having a good stash--there's always more where that came from.
thanks again for the wonderful quilt.

Kate said...

Thank you for another beautiful and fun mystery!

Dalina Stevens said...

I didn't get on here Sat. and not till 6 p.m. last night. I was finishing clue 6 up yesterday Wow I am glad I didn't get on here, I would not have wanted to finish 6 but head on to clue 7. How beautiful it is, I can't wait to finish it. But it will be a struggle to do now the holiday is over. I have to work today and am probably going to be working overtime the next few weeks. So I won't get much time to sew. But thank you again Bonnie for another great mystery quilt! You are just a fabulous designer and I love your internet friendship with all of us. Happy New Year to all you quilters!

jackiet said...

Bonnie, The quilt is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing your time & talent.

LJ said...

Just beautiful!

hehjude said...

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful scrappy quilts! You are amazing! Thanks for all you do1 Happy and Healthy 2017

Meadowview Quilter said...

LOVE this mystery. Can't wait to put it all together.

Meadowview Quilter said...

LOVE this mystery. Can't wait to put it all together.

Meadowview Quilter said...

LOVE this mystery. Can't wait to put it all together.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Beautiful Quilt!
Thank dear Bonnie for sharing this wunderful pattern and the fun during the mystery and HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 to you too!

Amy Ramsay said...

I'd love to win! In the mean time I am racing to the finish to complete my goodwill 'SHIRTINGS' EPMQ. Its soooo soft!! I am hoping to catch up with you in a local workshop! Safe travels to you Bonnie and have a blessed New Year!! Hugs!
M&M's Momma From New Jersey.

CathyQuilts said...

You've given us another lovely project Bonnie. Since I've got 2 quilts already in process, I've saved the pattern until later. Thanks for your generosity!

Material Girl said...

Absolutely Beautiful!!

GwenH

Evelyn Saphier said...

This is indeed a RIOTOUSLY HAPPY quilt!!!! Once I get through some UFOs, and the backing of last year's MQ......