>>>>

Thursday, November 03, 2016

In the Land of “PROCESSING!”

14938370_10154686298588909_9189279644939008298_n
This was my day in a nutshell mail tub yesterday!

I was able to clear out invoice box #7 and get about half-way through invoice box #8 until I couldn’t see straight, needed to eat something, and just needed a break.

So I proceeded down to the studio where the big printer is and began to print those invoices that came in since I left for Houston.  Nearly 800 of them.  HOLY MOLY!!  I know the mystery excitement is increasing!  And that makes me SO happy.

Now we’ve got a run on Tri-Recs rulers and Checker is almost out and I’m facing the same thing I was when we ran out of Essential Triangle Tools!  There are more on their way, but these orders will be filled in the order that they also came in.

So this post is for those who are newly ordering.

If you also purchased the Essential Triangle Tool or the Addicted to Scraps Book  along with your goodies for this year’s mystery you will already have received the Pre-Order info via PDF that came automatically with your purchase.  If you haven’t read it, please do.


If you have just ordered something like the Tri-Recs Tools, I am now currently out of stock and trying to get more, but this is also a Pre-Order status thing because I need to get everyone out the door in the order in which they came in since ALL is in house (until we run out!)  Please read the Pre-Order info linked in the paragraph above.

When I print your invoice and your mailing label, your order is automatically marked PROCESSING to separate you from those invoices that have NOT been printed yet.  Those that haven’t been printed say “Awaiting Processing” Meaning – no invoice or label has been printed and they aren’t in line yet.

At this point I can not guarantee that everything will be delivered BEFORE the mystery starts.  I leave next Thursday for an early Thanksgiving/Family Reunion in Utah.  Family Comes First.  I go straight from Utah to Idaho Falls to teach.  I return home the Sunday night before Thanksgiving.  I have Monday, Tues, Weds before Thanksgiving to get what else I can out the door. The Friday after Thanksgiving starts the Mystery, so I only really have until next Thursday to do the bulk of this. 

The first couple of clues for the Mystery will NOT require specialty rulers in the hopes that gives me more time to get the rest of this out to you.

I received several facebook messages saying “Whoowhoooo! That was fast! I am Processing!”  It only means I’ve printed you out, looked you over, and you are still waiting in line. 

It will likely be a couple of weeks before these will be shipped due to the volume that is still waiting in front of them.  I am going AS FAST AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE.  Please remember I am one person, I have help in the evenings and on the weekends, but I am not Amazon.

I am posting the invoice numbers that have gone out as I empty each invoice box.  You can gauge where you are in the line-up by your own invoice number.  And again, all I can do is BEG for your patience and let you know we are doing all we can as fast as we can with our little business.

20161101_135452_001

There is beauty off my back deck!

Breathe, Bonnie – Breathe!

20161101_165104

And glory in my neighborhood!

This is my favorite tree of all.

20161102_133323

And Idaho Square Dance from the Addicted to Scraps book is HOME!

The FedEx guy showed up with this box yesterday afternoon and it just made my day.  I had to take a break from order filling to unbox it, and hold it in my arms!  It was hung so high up at Market in the C&T booth that I couldn’t even touch it to say hello last weekend.  Now, after a YEAR of being gone it is HOME.  And it gets to go to Idaho with me for my last teaching gig of the year in Idaho Falls, Idaho.  Perfect culmination to this crazy year.

I was going to add more Quilt Market Stuff here, but I think this is as far as I want to go today.

11_3_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!


Vintage hexagon quilt found in Houston.

We are living in a time when feelings, opinions and political leanings are coming to a head. Even with my own family I have found it's often better to remain silent for a while instead of joining the debate. Some folks say they can't wait for this week to be over, I have a feeling it's only the beginning. And I don't want to lose friends in the process. No matter what happens, let’s not lose our respect and our love for one another.

Kindness can change the world.

And with that, I’m turning on my happy music, setting the tone for my day and headed back to the dining room table.

Have a great Thursday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!


Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

36 comments:

  1. Thank you Bonnie! I hope everyone reads all the words so you don't have to repeat yourself; if so press "re-play". I find that many times I scan a message rather than really read it, so I'm hoping we will READ ALL THE WORDS!! Thanks to our mutual friend Janet Plotkin for that sage advice. Have a great day bopping to the music and doing what you can and giving it your best. You always do and I love you for that! Hugs, Allison in Plano, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one appreciate your process, your organization. My order will get here when it gets here.

    Idaho Square Dance is gorgeous. Sigh. Another one on the list. I just love the blues. I've got to get my tops quilted so I can enjoy them!

    It is beautiful out your windows. We are not there yet in North Florida.

    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving trip to and with your family. I am glad these things can be worked out.

    Thank you again for your willingness to make this a personal process for us, from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, you are a DYNAMO! I don't know how you do it all, but we are all so thankful that you do. Have a wonderful Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do it all so well ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for taking time away from your busyness to explain the process.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for taking time away from your busyness to explain the process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get exhausted just reading about all you're going thru getting these orders out! I would have totally flipped out from stress by now. Don't forget to take a few breaks while you work. Love what you do and share with us, but yes, family ALWAYS comes first! Have a very Happy Holiday season. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your trip to Idaho/Utah...totally jealous! The quilt shops out there are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are AWESOME Bonnie!!! Enough said. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all that you do Bonnie! I hope you have a wonderful holiday, safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We Love you Bonnie! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your 'quote' today is perfect! Can't tell you how many times I've bitten my tongue; times I've typed out a response only to delete with sending too! Chuckled at your "I'm not Amazon" remark. You are amazing though and that starts with the same first four letters so you're close. Sweet that Idaho Square Dance is home with you in time to take with to Idaho. Enjoy your time with family in Utah!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ditto what barblr said! Enjoy your family.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, I hesitated placing my order for the bundle (actually DH ordered it as an early Christmas gift!) because I know those pending orders put pressure on you. And doing some very quick calculating/guesstimating, I think you will run out of rulers before you get to my order. AND THAT IS OKAY. I have other rulers that will work during the mystery. I bet all of us in line for a bundle would rather see you take some time to relax and enjoy some of the beautiful fall colors and crisp air around you than to plug away filling orders for 10 or 12 hours each day. As you said, Bonnie, BREATHE. Nobody's health or well-being depends on this order processing -- except the toll on you. Take care of you, too, please.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was Listening to Joyce Meyer once and she said she was cleaning house and tired Ns it was
    Never ending...
    Then she thought "hey! I have a house to
    Clean!!' "
    You have a successful business you've built and can get help if you choose to ,
    Or
    Not,
    All is well!
    Enjoy the process!!' Can't make everyone happy-
    Even if you had the capability .

    I voted a week ago
    And have not given it another thought. Maybe more people need to
    Go
    Vote, do their part and the only thing rhey can do ,
    And forget about it. It's
    Done. Nothing else you can do. It will be what it will
    Be.
    Look at all those
    Envelopes and invoices as
    Dollar signs and people who "get "what you do and love you. It's not your fault people wait too late to order or the company didn't make enough ....
    Supply and demand.
    It's what makes the world
    Go
    Round. Look at gas shortages -
    Makes people want to
    Go fill
    Their cars at 3/4 full. Strange world
    We live in. Just enjoy the fact that you have the situation you do.
    Peoples world will not stop over a ruler.
    If it does-
    Not your problem

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your energy level is amazing. Please, please take the time to re-charge yourself. Totally enjoy your early family holiday and then your own local one too. As for your remarks on the "opinions" flying around nowadays - you spoke eloquently. Thank you for sharing your insights in such a kind manner.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So fun that the Idaho Square dance gets to go with you for your visit with family. I am waiting with a happy heart for this Mystery.You have chosen my very favorite colors to go in it.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just did a quick search and the tools or rulers
    Are not hard to find ...
    Large online daily deal place
    Has them, etc etc
    If people
    Want them
    nOW they are out there-
    Buy them NOW and when they get yours they will
    Have an extra
    Set to share with friends or give away as a gift .
    It's
    Not the end of the world .

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is your Dad coming for Thanksgiving like usual this year?

    ReplyDelete
  21. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Bonnie, I am so excited!!! I am one of the people that will be joining you in ID. I'm so looking forward to seeing Idaho Square "Pants". It has been one of my favorites for quite a while. So looking forward to meeting you and giving you a big hug. Have a blessed day and have DH give you a gentle back rub this evening to release some of the tension of the day. Be seeing you 2 weeks from today. Have a great time with family in UTAH! Cindy in Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm in the 8000 invoice group and figure I'll get my order when I get it. I'm excited about this mystery. I haven't done one for at least 20 years after I did one where my color choices were all wrong and it turned out as ugly as sin on a biscuit! This time I appreciate your color suggestions and have fabric that I really like. Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you Bonnie I received my order on the 3rd November, here in South Australia. Your parcel reach me before a parcel of fabric (which I am still waiting on) that was shipped the day before yours and only 800km away compare to your which is a lot further away. Love your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I'm 8000 something, put mine last if it helps. I will be patient!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love reading your blogs. I feel for you with all the mail you are trying to do. Could I ask my quilting sisters if there aren't some people who could come over and give you a hand for an afternoon? Then you could sit and sign books and you could get a little production line going! Wish I could come but I am way up in Quebec Canada my sister does live just done the road from you though, maybe next visit eh!
    Thanks for all you do ! We appreciate you!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your processing system sounds awesome. I haven't ordered yet, but will be soon. I have absolute faith that you will do all you can for all of us Quiltville fans. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your processing system sounds awesome. I haven't ordered yet, but will be soon. I have absolute faith that you will do all you can for all of us Quiltville fans. Thanks for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Bonnie,
    I've also running an order for your special triangle ruler but please don't stress! The ruler will arrive when time has come - to Germany it's even a long journey and meanwhile I have the pleasure of enjoying all the beautiful quilts in your new book 'Addicted To Scraps' and this is worth a wait! Take care, yours, Martina

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for the info and the update. M only thought about all this is that I feel badly that you have to do all this on your own and wish you could have some help but you know best how it works for you. Like you say it is not a race and all will work out in good time. Happy Holidays enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Frankly, you amaze me with all you get done! A friend of our daughter's used to tell her that she was somewhere wearing a hidden Wonder Woman cape. Do you have one, too? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Bonnie, just a quick note to let you know that I am so enjoying using the Bonus Buddy!! Thanks for this wonderful little " innovation."
    It certainly makes bonus HST squares a breeze. I am a fan!

    ReplyDelete
  33. me thinks you need an assistant...:)

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yes, an assistant or a fulfillment center. Maybe take stock of what you enjoy most, putting labels on shipments or teaching and designing. Methinks the latter gets to be number one. Sometimes we grow out of ourselves and can't do it all. Carol
    P.S. would the easy angle ruler work?

    ReplyDelete
  35. You may not be Amazon, but you're an Amazonian! (Cheesy? ha ha - couldn't resist) Happy for you that you're winding down your busy schedule. Looking forward to the mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Please know we all DO KNOW you are doing your best,which I am confident is what you always do because it is who you ARE.I thank you for all you do and will continue to do so. I have to say I don't always keep up with the clues ""right on time" . Do what you do best- be yourself-we will continue to honor and love what you do for all of us.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)