>>>>

Friday, November 25, 2016

En Provence! A Quiltville Mystery, Part 1

image
Click HERE for Printer-Friendly version.

Welcome!

The door is WIDE open and I hope you will enjoy your visit to Provence, France during the next several weeks as each clue of our En Provence mystery is released.

One day – just one day – was all that I had to explore this region, and it left an impression that I won’t soon forget.

The colors of Provence are legendary.  And everywhere you go the sight, the smell, even the taste of lavender is present.

I took this photo of a random doorway in Aix en Provence –neutral on neutral and of course the inner quilter inside of me was thrilled to death to see something as recognizable as 8 pointed stars, simple squares, and a twisted cable border.

There was quilting inspiration every where we turned, from the colors of the buildings adorned with ancient wood shuttered windows, to the side walk cafes and fountains at intersections.

And don't forget the beauty to be found in centuries old churches and cathedrals. It's a feast for the eyes!

Provence.  You were a dream come true!

levande_en_provence


This is Levande en Provence!

Situated on the cliffs above the Mediterranean sea, the neutral tones of the stucco houses and churches reflect the brilliant sunlight, making all of the other surrounding colors even richer.  Check out that green, blue and magenta!

For our first clue, we are going to start simple with NEUTRALS.  I have heard from many of you that this is your first mystery experience.  Or that you consider yourself a new or novice quilter.  No worries!

If you slow down and follow each clue as it is presented, watching how you cut, measuring units and adjusting seam allowance as you sew, you won’t have any trouble with this project, and I hope that you will learn a ton along the way.

stonehouse1

Stone farmhouse with lavender.

Do you see the important role that the neutral areas add to this photo?  The house?  The space between the lavender rows.  The shed to the upper right.  Same with our quilt.

neutral4patch1

Unit #1.
3’’ finished Neutral 4-patches – SCRAPPY!

Make 221!

20161026_150441

Time to pull out the neutrals and PLAY!

20161122_190939

We are going to start with cutting.

Cutting is something we’ve all taken for granted, and we tend to blame the 1/4’’ foot for why things aren’t measuring correctly, but it really does go back to the whole equation of what happens when we cut and sew and press.  Cutting is important.  And you need to give yourself the full width of the strip if your seam is going to work as well.  We will be cutting 2” strips for 4-patches that measure 3 1/2’’ from side to side, and finish at 3’’ in the quilt.

When cutting, do NOT leave the line you are measuring by on the mat NEXT to your fabric.  Get it UP ON THE FABRIC.  Here you can see I’ve got the 2’’ line a bit right of the fabric edge after trimming for a nice straight edge. 

I start right and slide left to be sure the line is ON the fabric, not next to it.  Don’t leave the line on the mat.

20161122_193335

Line on,  Not line off!  full 2’’ cuts!

20161122_191841

Sew many many scrappy pairs!

But do a seam test first.

20161122_192232

PERFECT!

When you sew 2’’ strips side by side with the correct seam allowance, you should have a strip set that is 3 1/2’’ across.  THIS IS!  Sew one pair, and measure.  Strip set too narrow?  Skinny down that seam allowance until it measures correctly.  Is your test unit too wide?  That seam allowance needs to fatten up a bit.  FIX the seam allowance so that things fit together easily throughout the quilt.

I like to sew with SHORT strip sets, building my variety with the pairs as I go.  Press the pairs one direction and then to speed up the cutting assembly, do this:

20161122_192519

Place two sets right sides together before cutting!

Nest the seams on two strip sets and cut into 2’’ sub sections.  Remember you’ll need to cut 221 matched PAIRS of units.  Cutting them this way is actually HALF the cutting than if you cut each strip set individually. Otherwise you’d need 442 individual twosies.  Who wants to waste time matching that many to each other?

If you use an accuquilt or other die cutting machine, think of matching your strip sets BEFORE sub-cutting as well.  I do all of the matching of what is going to end up next to what in the cutting process, so when I get to the machine I can just sew.

20161122_192657

Feeding the pairs through.

Many of you have heard me say this again and again, but when it comes to 4-patches, and spinning seams (Yes we are going to spin them) you need to feed them through the machine a certain way.  Look at the direction of the red arrows as these are fed through the machine.  The top seam allowance is pointing UP toward the needle so the feed dogs don’t flip and fight the seam allowance on the underneath side.  The action of the feed dogs will bring these nested seams closer together.  If I sewed the other way they’d slip apart.  Give it a try!

And then do this:

20161122_192851

Spin the seams on the back!

This not only eliminates the bulk on the back side of the units, but helps them to nest with other units down the road.  If you have never spun the seams on the back of a 4 patch, check out my tutorial HERE.

Reminders:
Make 221 4 patches from 2” strips. 
Units will measure 3 1/2’’ unfinished and finish at 3’’ in the quilt.
Make them as neutrally scrappy as possible!
Feed them through the machine with top seam pointed UP toward the needle.
All seams will spin CLOCKWISE!

Extras:

What about those folks who are NOT going scrappy?  You have a couple of options I want to talk to you about.

If you are SET on using one fabric as background, there is no need to make all of these 4 patches out of one fabric.  For this stage you can cut 45 3 1/2’’ squares.  I will give you other solid units to cut later.

OR:  How about this (which would be my choice) as it keeps the quilt REALLY interesting with a lot more depth and light to it:

4patchstripset1

How about working with TWO neutrals instead of one?

As a scrappy girl, I assumed most would go scrappy also, but some of you aren’t.  If you WANT to keep the feel of En Provence and sew along with the rest of those who ARE going scrappy, why not throw a second neutral in with what you’ve already got?  

Choose something either a bit lighter, or a bit darker than what you are using.  Combine the two fabrics as shown and make ALL 221 4 patches identical.  You will also spin the seams the same way the scrappy folks are.  If you need to purchase the extra contrasting neutral to go with your other neutral, plan on 1 1/2 yards.

You can go white/pale grey  or you could go white/cream. You could go light cream/darker cream.  The choice is up to you. Your two-toned 4 patches are going to make a significant statement in your quilt!


Lavender may be purple, or blue, but did you know it also comes in WHITE?

Celebrate your neutrals this weekend as you sew up Clue #1.

And come back here on Monday morning to participate in our Linky Party here on the blog!  If you’ve participated with previous mysteries, you’ll already know what to do.  For those who don’t, If you do not have a blog, you can link to a public Instagram post, google+ post, Flickr photo or even a Pinterest photo.  You can’t link to Facebook.  And we’ll have more instruction for you on Monday’s post so you can join in.  I look forward to seeing what fabrics you are working with!

11_25_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Happy Black Friday, everyone!

You’ll find me tucked into a hotel room in Key Largo, Florida – binding away on a certain something and binging on Gilmore Girls new episodes on Netflix!  It’s a keeper for sure!

Diamond 9 patch shared by our own Kevin H!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

98 comments:

chook said...

Yay thank you Bonnie

Kathy S. said...

Good morning! Thank you Bonnie, for all you do for all your fans!

Tracey in CT said...

Whee! Here we go!! Thank you Bonnie!

Rita Anne Hope-Haverman said...

Let the sewing frenzy begin!!! Thank you, Bonnie.

ladmquilter said...

So happy the first clue is out thank you.

sao said...

And ... we are off and the adventure officially has commenced!

Thank you BONNIE K HUNTER for this yearly fun - you are the best!

sao in Midlothian, VA

lazydaisy said...

Good morning! Time for coffee and sewing, hooray!

Allison C Bayer Plano TX said...

Good Morning Bonnie! AND a BIG thank you! What fun this is going to be -- I have neutrals out the kazoo thanks to you!! Enjoy your Gilmore Girls binge fest on Netflix. Hugs, Allison C Bayer, Plano, Texas USA

Marybeth said...

Thank you Bonnie for your amazing generosity.

Monica said...

Woo hoo! We're off. :D I can use up some leftover whites from Allietare.

I did not know there is white lavender. Always learning! Thanks for everything, Bonnie. :D

rebecca said...

Thank you, Bonnie. Although I cannot participate with the actual sewing this year I am very excited to follow along and enjoy everyone's progress. I have already added this to my calendar for next year and am excited and looking forward to a 'sew all day' on the day after Thanksgiving 2017. I have already learned something new and it is just the first clue!!!

Have FUN Everyone...

Carolyn Sullivan said...

It's UP it's UP!!!! oh!!! picture me jumping around like a little kid at Christmas!!!! LOL


I've only checked the site 3 times to see if it was up yet!

rebecca said...

Thank you, Bonnie. Although I cannot participate with the actual sewing this year I am very excited to follow along and enjoy everyone's progress. I have already added this to my calendar for next year and am excited and looking forward to a 'sew all day' on the day after Thanksgiving 2017. I have already learned something new and it is just the first clue!!!

Have FUN Everyone...

Jan N said...

Thanks Bonnie so excited. Enjoy your day.

Tricia Benes said...

Ahhhh..Neutrals!! Love them...Thank you so much for this mystery...

Shel Hagar said...

Packing the car and a side trip to sewing room for stray 2" strips to start before I get south. Maybe I can have a few strips sets done befor we leave!

Linda Gless said...

Glad I can also use some whites as neutrals in this project. Had 4 hrs of sleep waiting for this morning! Put on the coffee and let's get sewing!! Thanks, Bonnie!

Mrs T-W said...

Thank you, Bonnie! Wishing you a lovely weekend!

Btw- I think you have neutral-ised me. LOL I recently color sorted my small (but ever growing ;-) ) stash, to find nearly FOUR shoeboxes of neutrals! (Every other color is a modest one box or less.) I think I'm addicted to them now. :-) I can't seem to stop buying 'adorable' neutrals, so I am thrilled to get to use some in this quilt!

Happy Sewing xxx

Holly

Penny Abbott said...

I recall mt trip to France 40+years ago.....I now know why I always looked down.

Susan Zimmerman said...

Thank you Bonnie! You've given me some fun and happiness to look forward to during this busy crazy holiday season. As always, I'm looking forward to learning so much.

mrsquilt2 said...

Ready to roll and looking forward to starting. This is my first MQ

Sandie Baker said...

LOL I read the directions without my glasses first time through. I thought it was 22 4-patches. After printing and reading with glasses it 221!!!! What a difference! Better get busy.

Debbie said...

OK, I wasn't going to do it, then I was. Then I wasn't going to go too scrappy because I am at my winter place and don't have my stash with me. Then I was going to go with just one neutral but thanks to your great suggestions I will add a second one for the 4 patches. You are a rock star for all your suggestions.

Jeanne in Ohio said...

I wasn't going to do this until later, but I can't resist! 4-patches are my favorite! I think I'll only do 25% to start.

Tonya Krout said...

Thanks Bonnie! Friday has finally arrived and the long-awaited Mystery has begun!

Tonya

tamror said...

Ok, I'm ready to start. This looks like fun. Thanks Bonnie for the very detailed instructions.

Kathy McMahon said...

Thank you Bonnie! I couldn't wait to get up and read Part 1, even though I cannot begin my MQ today! Thank you for your efforts in producing another fun MQ for all of us. Enjoy your vacation!

Bonnie said...

Thanks bonnie

Anne Bebbington said...

Phew! letting out a sigh of relief as I haven't managed to sort out the dark and light blue boxes (I'm substituting blue for lavender in my colourway) but my neutrals are near to hand so I can just crack on with cutting and stitching - let that sewing commence

45th Parallel Quilter said...

This looks like fun ... thanks for all you do! Your instructions are GREAT!! Linda H

Gina Hamel said...

Bonnie, you have inspired me to dig a little deeper into my neutrals. I was going to use only 2, but I've found 4 more to use! Thanks for the mystery and all the inspiration! Gina

Jean Etheridge said...

Exited to start...and to put up the Christmas tree! What a happy day! Thank you!

Carrie Lee said...

So happy to see this first clue when I woke up today! Thanksgiving is done (and a blessing it was)! The Christmas tree is up and rooms are decorated. So now its time for the mystery to begin. I so enjoy this since I started quilting three years ago. So I make sure that by this day I have my chores done so I can truly enjoy this adventure! Thank You Bonnie for this wonderful gift of learning some new skills and a beautiful quilt in the end! Carrie Lee

MollyO said...

Have a wonderful time in Key Largo, Bonnie!! Your blog always brings a smile to my face. Thank you for all you have done for the Quilting Community!! Note--- while you are in one of our favorite places on earth... hope you get to the Fish House Restaurant for Pan Sautéed Yellowtail or it's sister restaurant Encore for a half portion and, if you are feeling decadent... try their signature white chocolate piano mousse for dessert... fabulous to share!! Again, have a wonderful time in Key Largo and remember, an awful lot of people think you are fabulous!! Molly O from Ninigret.

Nancy said...

Looking forward to getting started today! I want to be sure to use some of the neutrals that I used in the other two MQs I did - Orange Crush and Easy Street. I met you when you came to teach Scrappy Mountains Majesties for my guild in Lexington,VA in 2011. Live in McDonough,Ga now and hope to get to another class sometime.

Penny Prichard said...

Reading your instructions is like having you beside me in the sewing room. Can't wait to get started.

Melody Lutz said...

My life is now GOLD...Bless you BKH!!! Can't remember the last time I flew out of bed and AWAKE, like this morning.

The Calico Quilter said...

Once again the mystery teaches me a lesson about choosing neutrals. I had a nice safe homogeneous stack all picked out, and when I read that we would be making four patches of all neutrals, I realized they just wouldn't work. They were BLAH. I reached into my stash and came up with a stack of 50 or so fat quarters of all kinds of neutrals, everything on the light side of the color of a paper bag, as you say. And my four patches are looking so much nicer and more interesting. You are teaching me to loosen up when I choose colors and fabrics. Thank you!

Deanna W said...

Might have to dip into my neutrals again...loving your samples and some that are already showing up on facebook. Happy binding to you!

Dakota said...

Thank you, packing my 5th wheel for a short holiday. I'll be cutting and sewing my neutrals. Can't wait to get there and set up :)

Valerie said...

Good morning, Bonnie. Reading this post while breakfasting on a cold turkey sandwich and cranberry sauce -- perfect way to start the day! Thank you for being you, Bonnie. And please thank Dave for all the support I know he must give you. BTW, that highlighted summary at the end of your post is brilliant!

Gail M said...

Good morning Bonnie, you have made alot of of us happy this morning, I am at work so will be printing this out as we go and work on it as I can, like I did last year. Hope your day yesterday was restful, I really look forward to ALL that you do for all of us and is grateful for that! Quilt On!

Mom said...

Your patience is limitless! Thanks for the seam allowance, spinning tutorial and cutting tutorial. Getting that right makes all the difference.

Mandy Laseter said...

Thank you, Bonnie! Every year I tell myself that I am going to change the colors, but when I see the first part of the mystery posted, I realize that you know what it will look like and I trust you that it will be FABULOUS! Cannot wait to get started!

Midge said...

This is my first mystery quilt with you and I'm so excited to join in the fun. I've gathered my fun neutrals, including French garden themed text prints and little Eiffel towers. And then there are the most adorable bees! Thank you so much for the time and talents you've put into this project.

Bouts Choisis said...

Thank you Bonnie. A nice gentle start with four patches - I can cope with that!! It sounds like you are going to have a lovely day - you mean you aren't going shopping :-)?? Lynne.

creed said...

Thank you!!! Especially love the two tone idea for neutrals....much easier to deal with for those of us who love scrappy, want to work totally from stash, and have trouble making so many decisions....The two tone neutrals, plus the single magenta, will take away a lot of headaches and we can still really enjoy the beauty of all of the other colors....GREAT JOB!!

Quilter buddy said...

Thank you Bonnie! Wonderfully presented! Everything and more I was looking forward to! Woo hoo ! Have a great day Friend !

Rabid Quilter from CA said...

I'm calling today "Neutral Friday"!! I predicted you'd begin with neutrals, the only fabric I didn't pull for the mystery-LOL! I have 2 fat quarter bundles of them-stacked so perfectly--and I'm about to rip into them--YAHOOO!!

Laura said...

Yeah! Neutrals and 4 patches, my two favorites. I used to be overwhelmed by large numbers (221), now my mantra is "Just keep sewing, just keep sewing" like Dory in "Finding Nemo". This is not my first mystery...thanks, Bonnie--you're the BEST!

karenh said...

Thank you,Bonnie! We look forward to your cheerfulness and generosity . I can't wait to get started on this one.

Teresa Jenkins said...

Thank youBonnie! Today is my Birthday so I am happy to start! You are so generous to us! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you... this much anticipated event has arrived. If you need me, I'll be all weekend in my studio. Have fun in the sun!

Sandy C said...

Thank you, Bonnie! Can't wait to get home and start working. Thanks again!

KMSC said...

Your new mystery quilt brings back great memories of our trip to France to pick up our daughter who studied in Nantes for her junior year. What a beautiful country! I'm very excited to make this quilt. Thank you!

Leta Wellman said...

So, my grandbabies just left. I had a wonderful day yesterday, and now...ON TO THE SEWING ROOM!!
LOL!
This is my first Mystery Quilt, so I'm really excited!
Thank you, Bonnie, for all you do for your Scrap-aholic fans!!

Sherri Henderson said...

OK I WAS just going to use a light blue/gray for my neutral but instead I have added a creamy beige to it..... I cut 21 strips of each and hope that will be enough!!! It would be handy if you could tell us how many total strips we need to cut at each of the instructions..... having never done this before I'm excited to see what we are making as we make each part. I LOVE your stories and photos along the way.... so dreamy and fun.... now off to my sewing for a day of fun neutral 4 patches! sending you love and hugs from Colorado!!!!

Dorothy said...

@Sherri Henderson, there's a reason Bonnie doesn't give number of strips: everyone is working with strips of different lengths. Some are working with FQs; some with FQs turned the "orher" way, some with full WOF strips; some with scraps.

So just start cutting, then do some sewing, then count your four patches. Lather, rinse, repeat and pretty soon you'll have 221 four patches to complete this clue!

Brenda said...

I like the idea of the neutral 4-patches. hmmmm. They are going to be so much fun to create and then use.

Just a comment for Sherri above me: Bonnie caan not tell you how many stips to cut. This is a mystery and part of the mystery is you using your fabrics - Bonnie has no idea how big your fabric pieces are (full widths of yardage or left over pieces from other projects). Your colour choices sound like they are going to be wonderful in this mystery, so my advice is to use what you have - adding that creamy beige should make enough for you to be able to get through this step. And if not, find more 'scraps' that will help fill in the gaps!! You are making magic here - do not stress!!!!!

And I have printed off a copy of this step for my friend who's computer is giving her grief - and she is doing it with me!!! Oh I am so happy this whole thing is a go - LOVE BONNIE's MYSTERIES!!!!!! They are so beautiful and fun to do. Tons of Hugs Bonnie!! Thank-you times 10!!!!! And now to get started.......

Carole Bowers said...

YAY for the scrap savers system! I went to my 2-inch strip bin and found a dozen strips already cut. Best of all, they were different than the neutrals I had pulled for this quilt. More variety, less work. Thank you Bonnie!

LoAnn Trowbridge said...

Enjoy your time in Florida with hubby. I am printing instructions, but I have so many other projects I need to finish, not counting Christmas presents LOL I love four patches so I may just have to do that part and the other parts later. We are so blessed to have such a wonderful instructor like you. I try to read YOUR PERSONAL BLOG, daily and enjoy reading is as do thousands of others. Don't let negative Nellies get you down. But if it happens, we are here to help you back up. Love all that you do for us, Bonnie.

Susan from Canberra said...

I can hear all the machines buzzing from here in Australia 🇦🇺
It's not mine though. I'll be doing mine by hand.

Marilyn said...

Thanks so much Bonnie, here we go looks like I'm in for busy week end.

jacaranda said...

Looking forward to my first "Bonnie's Mystery", if I don't wish to make the full size quilt, how many do I make???

Barbara Fons said...

First time for me also. Ditto to jacaranda's post. I would like to do a lap size.

TrulyBlessed said...

So happy to see four patches! Today is Turkey Day at our house! My heart is full as we have had all the family here for dinners since Wednesday. I am so Blessed and so Thankful!

I hope you and Dave are having a wonderful and restful mini vacation.

Thank you for all of the "thoughts" for the day since January. They make me a better person. I wish I had copied them all from the beginning ... maybe it's not too late.

Thank you for opening your heart and your lives to all of us through your very personal journal ... Quiltville blog spot. You will never know how many lives you have changed or how very much you are loved and admired.

Barbara Fons said...

First time for me also. Ditto to jacaranda's post. I would like to do a lap size.

Barbara Fons said...

First time for me also. Ditto to jacaranda's post. I would like to do a lap size.

Bente-I like to QuiltBlog said...

Thank you very much dear Bonnie ♥

Kerry said...

Exciting! I'll have to wait till mid December before I can make a start though. Enjoy the fun everyone and I can't wait to see the piccies.

MJ said...

Want to make another size? Bonnie has a button at the top of the blog for the mystery. You can find the intro and parts there as she gives them. The intro gives info and her quilt is 87" square, so if you want to do another size just do a quarter, half or three quarters of the number of units she gives as hers is the full 87". Later on, you can do more or add borders or adjust the quilt to be rectangular, etc.

So glad you are enjoying a vacation. Thanks for doing all this extraordinary amount of work to give out a mystery. Nobody does it as well as you do! You're a special lady ;)

Carol Zorn said...

Thank you so much for all you do. I was concerned that the joy you have for this was taken away. But it does my heart good to see the joy is back. It makes me want to do this mystery. How long do I have to get all the 4 patches done?

Josie McRazie said...

SQUEAL!!! Thank you!! I went out and splurged on new fabric for the first time all year! And in the process I think I might have gotten a job teaching! How does that happen! LOL It's the most wonderful time of the year!!

Tracey Quilter said...

Woo Hoo mystery day has finally arrived, have to go through the big bag of fabric I have been collecting from my stash with all the colours for this quilt.... but before I can start I need to get some quilts quilted, otherwise there may not be some presents for family and friends. Sew off to quilt I go.
Enjoy everyone, and Bonnie enjoy your time away, it is always such a special time between the hustle and bustle of life.

Reena said...

Yay! Thanks Bonnie for more quilty fun! I am ready to roll!

Vicki K said...

Thank you, Bonnie! Enjoy your vacation!!

Janet Loomis said...

Thank you, Bonnie!

Jenny Trask said...

Bonnie you are a sneaky Lady! Lol!
Here I was all set to have one neutral fabric, when Clue 1 was going to be cutting some squares. And I wanted to sew! lol! So, there I am at 11.00pm going through my very small stash to discover three more neutral fabrics. Yep, I've just finished 126 scrappy neutral 4 patches! (making half the quilt).
I love how you have gently sheppared me into your scrappy world! 💕

Dorothy Dishman said...

Yea....the mystery is on the way...I'm never have lived purples & lavenders so wasn't excited about this quilt....but, I need to step out of my rut & just DO IT! My quilting friends & I had scheduled a sew day today & I completed half of the 4 patches using all my odds & ends of neutrals.....yea, a stash basher quilt. Thanks for all your caring generosity.

Leah Green said...

As a lover of bright rich colors I was dubious about these neutral four patches lol. I have never enjoyed making something with little color so much!! I decided to go with subtle differences in 2 neutrals will see how it works. Thank you again for your helpful tips and have enjoyed your use of "recycled" fabrics and love your patterns.

teachpany said...

Yay! Thanks so much for all you do, and the adventure you've started with this quilt. I can't wait to see where it leads. Enjoy your trip.

Anita said...

Thank you Bonnie! So thankful you take he time to do this and with such great instructions!

Sherri Henderson said...

BONNIE I am confused !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do I need only 45 4 squares or do I need 221? I see that if I only had one background fabric that I needed to cut 45 squares..... so why am I making 221 4 squares if I only need 45.....?????/ this is the first time I have done a mystery quilt, and with my brain damage I am reading your directions and am confused! HELP ME PLEASE so I know what I am really supposed to do?

Carol Stearns said...

Thank you Bonnie! Indeed an effort on your part to put this together free for us. I truly appreciate it! I have difficulty uploading a picture to insert into a blog and you have taken pics all along and done that for us. Can't thank you enough. Carol

Carla Fiedler said...

Thanks, Bonnie! Can't wait to get started!

SHIRL TOTOS said...

Thank you Bonnie, the wait is over. I only hope that I can keep with the rest. I'm a newbie at this and it is so exciting!

robbie said...

Thank you so much for all this work and your eternally bouncy approach to life! I love following your blog. Not sure if there'll be time to do this with you but I will start as soon as possible.Thanks once again. Robyn

Dot said...

Got 100 done. Starting on next 121. Didn't realasize I had so many neutrals.

Dot said...

U

Seattle Marie said...

Have you actually mailed out almost 10,000 rulers?

Theresa said...

Thank you Bonnie! Another exciting year!!! Warm hugs!

Susan said...

I won't be able to sew along, but I am going to download the clues/instructions so I can try it at a later date. Thank you Bonnie.

wolf3349 said...

Part #1 all done. Can,t wait to see what is next.

Sherri Henderson said...

took me a couple days to get this first part done.... boy was that fun making all of these blocks.... now excitedly awaiting this coming Friday so I can play some more.... Enjoy your vacation Bonnie!

Maryse said...

Stuck in the kitchen or cleaning up BUT next week I'll b in big production.Hurra!Thank u Bonnie so excited about my first mystery quilt!

The Calico Quilter said...

Love these four patches. You wouldn't think you could get such variety and interest in all neutral four patches. When I finished the ones for clue 1 I made some more for a border later.

Frances Meredith said...

Thanks Bonnie - your instructions are brilliant as always.

rbcarp said...

Have done several mystery quilts in the past, but never with such clear directions. Your paint chip method for choosing colors is so helpful!