>>>>

Thursday, October 27, 2016

En Provence! A Quiltville Mystery, the Intro!


Click HERE for printer friendly version.

Hello, everyone!

Who is ready to make a little trip to the lavender fields of the Provence region of France?

I'm excited to share with you our Quiltville Winter Mystery:

En Provence!

I hope you will want to sew along with me while we dig through our stashes, pull colors reminiscent of my recent visit to Aix en Provence, France at the end of our Mediterranean cruise in August, and bring all of the colors of this beautiful place together in a gorgeous quilt.

It’s MYSTERY season!  My favorite time of the year.

Many of you have participated in these mysteries before, but many of you are likely new so I wanted to give a little run down on how things will go here.

This post will contain the colors, examples of the fabrics used in my own En Provence quilt, and yardage requirements.

You are NOT required to sew with these colors, and you can change them to whatever color palette you would like, but please remember value and contrast when switching things up.

Our stunning quilt finishes at 87’’ x  87’’.  If you want a smaller size, start with 1/2 the units.  You can always go back and make more units if you decide you want it rectangular instead of square.  If you want it bigger, you can add more borders.

I view our mysteries not just as “A pattern” but as a vehicle to teach methods, tips, tricks, helps and hints while working with each unit.  I will provide a printer-friendly PDF for each clue, and for those wanting to save paper, just save the PDF to your computer or tablet and look at it there without printing it out.

You can also choose to print certain pages but not others from within your printer settings.  You can also copy/paste the blog post into a word document and delete extra photos, extra text that you don’t need. Just save the nitty gritty. You can choose how to save paper/ink yourself.  My job is to teach, however many pages it takes.

PAINT CHIPS:  These are NOT required, but they are helpful when choosing many fabrics that have to work together from your stash.  These are guidelines only, and I have even pushed the boundaries of those color families a bit in all directions so I have a quilt with more life that doesn’t look so flat.

Yardage amounts are for scraps and/or planned yardage.  If you want one piece of yardage for each color, you are fine there too!

20161025_154830

Our chips come from the Sherwin Williams section at Lowes.

Lavender_at_Banon_Provence_France

And THIS is our inspiration!

Lavender fields in Banon.

How many shades of purple do you see?

How many greens, and golden yellows?

There is a halo of magenta!

Untitled-54

And here.  OH my goodness!

Nature is just the best teacher in how to put colors together.

20161026_144643

Our colors.

20161026_151224

Impulsive Purple: 2 yards

Remember that “pushing the boundaries” thing?  Just think DARK PURPLE whether it is a red violet or a blue violet or some of both.  Lavender comes in many shades.  Variety adds depth.  Feel free to use prints with other colors in them such as the dark purple with the sunflowers print you see in the photo.  Use as many or as few dark purples as you want.

20161026_152131

Magical: 1 1/2 yards.

Again, these can be anywhere from periwinkle to lilac, but they are much lighter than the dark purples above.  Use as many or as few as you would like. 

20161026_152532

Garden Spot: 1 1/2 yards.

Think grassy/yellowy more towards avocado kinds of greens.  I left the blue-greens and brown/grey greens out this time around. You’ll see that I have modern prints mixed in with civil war type prints.  We are playing with color, not with genre.  Mix it up and have some fun with it!

20161026_151507

Afternoon: 2 yards.

Don’t you love paint chip names?  They crack me up!  Here is a help for you:  Keep your yellows and your greens contrasting.  They may end up next to each other.

20161026_151620

And I threw in these cats just for fun!

We saw a lot of cats wherever we went during our ports of call – so the cats have to be in!  These are not super huge, but not tiny either.  In they go.

The yellows also need to be bolder than your neutrals, and yes, those neutrals are next:

PhotoGrid_1477508758419

Neutrals in fabric and in paint chips!

4 1/2 yards total.

This is not just black on white.  This is EVERYTHING from white to cream to beige – but much lighter than my lightest yellow. If you are going scrappy, I will be giving you strip widths with each clue and you will know where you can grab your pre-cut strips if you have some and work them right in as well. 

And our last but not least CONSTANT:

20161026_144706

Hibiscus: MAGENTA! 1 1/4 yards

And yes, it is darker than the paint chip.

The paint chip is a guideline, and there wasn’t a paint chip this deep in color, but you can see by the photo that I used an intense magenta because of this photo:

maxresdefault

Doesn’t it take your breath away?

For those new to Quiltville, a Constant is ONE PIECE OF YARDAGE that repeats in certain places throughout the quilt while other areas are scrappy.  It adds stability and a bit of order and helps things come together.  You CAN go scrappy with this, just keep your fabrics close in value so designs don’t get lost.  This Magenta plays a significant role, and that’s why I chose one piece.

For those who don’t want to get paint chips, for whatever reason, this might interest you:

20161026_145208


This is what I used when pulling my fabrics together.  The paint chips came after the fact.  It’s got everything you need including color recipes for helping you decide what works with what.  And it includes the green and the red see-through view finders for detecting value and contrast.

If you have this you'll never need to run for paint chips again.

20161026_144935

THIS is how I found my Magenta!

Other tools needed for this mystery:

trirecs

If you have made Cathedral Stars or Celtic Solstice with me, you will already have these in your tool box.

ett


What a better way to learn to use my new tool than through an in-depth mystery?!  If you have the Easy Angle and Companion angle from previous years you can also use those.  I will be demonstrating THIS tool during the mystery.

I will be giving the unfinished AND finished size of each unit so you can use whatever method you want to make these units.  If you decide to make half square triangles or flying geese or hour glass units or whatever by a different method, that’s just fine too.

I am not giving out shapes or sizes for Accuquilt dies as they reveal too much ahead of time.  Thank you for understanding.

Mystery time is supposed to be fun.  It is supposed to help you relax and enjoy a bit of something nice for yourself during the busy holiday season.  The best advice I can give to anyone is to stay with the clues, and even if you are busy, make a few of each clue each week so that you have a handle on what each unit and technique is.  Then after the holidays when things settle down you can pick up and finish the amount required of each step.

Clues will come every Friday with the first clue going live on Friday, November 25th.  No set time of release of the clue is given.  It will be posted when it is posted.  Thank you for understanding that sometimes life [and holiday hubbub] gets in the way for me too.

I am not stating the number of clues in this quilt at this time because I like to keep it a mystery, enjoy the process and perhaps keep you guessing a bit more.

I know that we are still waiting for the next big shipment of Essential Triangle Tools to come in.  A batch of 500 is on its way, and those are already spoken for by people who have placed their orders. 

The next batch is due a few weeks after the mystery starts, so I am considering doing all of the parts that do not require specialty rulers FIRST so that we will have less of a wait for them to get here.  Manufacturing can’t be rushed.  Even Amazon is back-ordered until February, so you will get it from me quicker than you will from them.  AND  you still get the free Wanderlust Table Runner pattern with your purchase if you order from me.  They will be here.  And we will get on with it.

Isn’t life just a crazy ride?

Oh, one more thing:

nowhining

Bonnie’s Number One Rule!

I think that about covers it.  We’ll be ready to roll out the first clue in just about 4 weeks.

10_27_2016

Quiltville Quote of the Day! 


Now go search that stash! I’m off to Houston!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

103 comments:

Vireya said...

Oh, wow!

cityquilter grace said...

luscious colors...and save the license plate...do believe it will come in handy...LOL

Cathy said...

YAY!!! Fun times ahead!

Johanna Lovering said...

Colors are beautiful! I have the color tool so no run to Lowes for me. Thanks!

Jana Ewart said...

WHEEEEE! AND off we go. Sew much fun waiting to happen. Thanks Bonnie for giving us fun times. I for one am very grateful for your giving heart and spirit. Blessings. Jana

Casandra Marshall said...

Thank you Bonnie. This is my third mystery and I am so excited!

Wendy said...

My favorite colors, may have to try my first mystery quilt!

KayJay said...

My first mystery, and I am sew excited! I love these colors, the quilt will be fantastic! Thank you Bonnie!

Linda W said...

What a great surprise!!! Love, love, love the colors. I'm so excited to participate in my 4th mystery quilt and 5th "Bonnie" quilt. Thank you for all you do for the quilt community!!! Have a great time in Houston! Linda W

Ariane said...

I love these colours!! So excited to see the progress of the mystery quilt!

LeeAnn Meduna said...

I have the 3-in-1 tool also. Do you post the numbers of the colors you use? Or do I just try to match from my computer screen?
I haven't done one of your mysteries yet and am excited to try it!

Pdudgeon said...

love these colors!!!

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

Yipee!!! Margie A and Tracy B....

Helen said...

Oh my gosh!!!! Lavender, sunflowers, & that awe inspiring sunset/sunrise photo! What beautiful colors!!!! I don't know when you find the time to work all this out but I sure appreciate that you do!! Thank you so much for doing this each year, I have saved other mysteries intending on making them "when I get a chance" but this time round I might have to join in & let some other things slide! Have a great trip to Houston 😃

coversquilter said...

Thanks as always Bonnie! I love that you don't give the history of today's quilt quote thus living up to this quote! Atta girl!
Always fun at Quiltvile!
Hugs!

vdlockhart said...

This is my first mystery and I love the colors!!! I have already been looking for purples and greens to do one!!! Woohoo!!! So excited.

Peggy Marine said...

Thank you. Love the colors. Wishing you safe travels and a good time in Houston.

Lynda said...

Love the colours. Looking forward to starting. I was over in that area of France last year so double wammy for me.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures and color choices (I have some of all colors already except lavender). I have never used the Tri Recs Tools so I will be learning a new technique.

Connie said...

Good thing I had planned a trip to Lowes this morning! Beautiful colors!

Sue said...

OH MY!!!!! I need to go to Lowe's now...ok. I LOVE THESE COLORS!!!!! Bonnie you are AWESOME!!!!! I can't wait for the mystery to start......Now that you have revealed the colors go on to Houston and have FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and YES the pictures take your breath away..........

Ann Gillett said...

Thanks you so much Bonnie for the mystery. This will be my second. I've been wantING To so a quilt with purple. I'm so excited. You're the best.
Ann from Wichita

carole hill said...

Oh Bonnie, I love all these colors, and am excited to get started, as I'm new to mystery quilts. I do have to order the ruler set, so I will go to your shop page and place my order. I can hardly wait to see what comes next! Thanks!

Jennifer Ivey said...

Thank you, Bonnie! I love the Mystery season and can't wait to dig through the stash. My mom and I live and quilt together and each make our own mystery quilt. Somehow, the stash never shrinks though! Have a wonderful trip to Houston and enjoy Market!

Aileen said...

Awesome! Thank you Bonnie. It has been a very challenging year. I look forward to this Adventure. This one is for me.! Love the colors!
Have a safe and wonderful trip to Houston!

Aileen in Florida

Carolyn Sullivan said...

LOL DH hates the mystery quilt time... bc it takes a lot of my interest. We try to do all things Christmas, So I am constantly running to the computer, or trying to find fabric... cut fabric ETC...
I LOVE MYSTERY QUITL TIME!!!!

this year I have almost all of those colors!!!! yellows might be a little low, but I LOVE IT!!! can't wait to get started.... now do I have enough magenta? or do I need to go shopping???

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Fantastic Bonnie. I just finished reading The Lavender Keeper :)

Wendy said...

Love this so much! I can almost smell the lavender ;-) Thanks so much Bonnie & enjoy Houston!!
(and thanks for the ruler update... mine is on it's way to you now) great news all around

Sandy Zlotkowski said...

Thanks Bonnie! Those are my colors! Safe travels to Quilt Market. Now to get the chips and let the fabric search begin!

Lori Johnson said...

Wonderful colors!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE
Thanks Bonnie for all you do!!!!!!
Have a great time in Houston.
Lori

rebecca said...

I lived in Languedoc & Provence in the 70s. La belle Provence has inspired me my entire life. I may have to join your mystery this year!

Sheppard Morrison said...

Thank you for doing this each year for us! I didn't check your blog all week - making myself put the binding on Allietare and having it done before I knew anything about the new mystery!! Thank you. This will be fun. I will make 2 - one to give away, one to keep. That's been my way of doing the Mystery for a couple of years.

Loris said...

This was is off to a beautiful start! Thank you!

Claudia said...

Thanks for the colors! Just in time for my driving trip from New York to Houston. There will be lots of quilt shop stops. Great way to remember a trip. Love your mysteries. Enjoy Quilt Festival.

Jodi McCray said...

Looking forward to the search for the perfect ensemble of colors to make my first Bonnie Mystery!

Quilter buddy said...

Love, love, love ....
Thank you ...........
:)

Sonya said...

Love your colors!! So excited. Enjoy your time in Houston

quilt^nurse said...

Thank you Bonnie! I love the colors and the inspiration. This will be my fourth mystery. I am just finishing up last years by hand quilting. It is a gift for daughters graduation from nursing school next fall. Looking forward to everyone's progress on this mystery.

Lori said...

This is going to be one bright quilt! The inspiration is lovely so I'm sure the quilt will be too, as usual.

The Joyful Quilter said...

I'm SEW happy that you'll be providing the clues in PDF form. Saving paper is a definite bonus. Thanks!!

tubakk said...

Beautiful photoes and great inspiration. I love France, and have to jump into this mystery this year. Looking forward to your first clue already.

Living in a "SEA OF PINK" said...

Thank u Bonnie. This is my first mystery so excited to participate in this journey. Looking forward to learning new techniques from u.

Anita said...

I shopped my stash and found EVERYTHING, even without paint chips! I am so excited to work on my first Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt.

dorothy said...

SO excited, these colors I know I have in my stash as they are my FAVORITE!!! Why does work have to get in the way of playing with my stash...

Carole said...

Beautiful colors, Thanks Bonnie. Your Mystery Quilts are always so much fun !!

Terri said...

Have a great trip!

I'm so excited about this year's mystery. Of course, I've said that about every one since I started (Celtic Solstice).

Your "yardage" post is always my favorite one. I love how you explain why you run the mystery the way you do, how you come by your colors, the range that "covers" your paint chip choice, and the anticipation to see what tool you'll be using. It always reminds me of things I've learned and forgotten, or gotten away from, when it comes to using color. I have the Color Tool somewhere in a drawer. Perfect example of forgetting something that always helped me in the past.

I'm especially happy to see the greens you're using. Somehow I've managed to stash away an extraordinary amount of yellow-greens and have been wondering what to use them on. Problem solved :D

Thank you for continuing to teach us.

Livin' Blue Quilter said...

Absolutely beautiful as always. Many thanks again Bonnie

Louise DĂŒckhow said...

MY colours!!!!

HelenMarie said...

OH BONNIE! You have outdone yourself!!! these colors are awesome and I am so excited to bet started. Running out to Lowes NOW!

Bev @ kwiltpharm said...

No way am I changing these colors! Purples and yellows together!!! Oh my, this is going to be beautiful! Guess I had better get my cutting table cleared and the Splendid Sampler caught up! Off to sew I go!

Sandy C said...

Thank you,Bonnie! I can't wait to go home and see what I have in my stash. I'm so excited to see how the Mystery Quilt progresses!!!

Thank you,SO MUCH!

Pat Pearston said...

Thank you Bonnie!! I love the colors. Have fun in Houston,

Mary Ann said...

I always do you mystery quilts from stash, so I was going to change the purples to blue as I am drowning in blue fabric. Well, when I talked with my friend, twice she said that purple is her fav color, so I will go with the plan you have and enjoy the process!

Jill Stiger said...

love purple...my favorite color. My first mystery, I'm sure it will be quite a ride...
Thanks Bonnie

Mimi said...

Yahoo!! Any shade of purple/lavender is my favorite.

SHERRIE BOYD said...

Hi Bonnie from Matagorda, Tx
I am confused on your return date of Market , when I checked for tickets to Houston market it says Nov 3-6, some classes start Oct 31, You said you are a vendor wit C&T mag , but can't find their booth listed , was so looking forward to seeing you
I keep missing your classes when you're in Texas .
Hope you have a great time while here, have a safe flight
YOU ARE THE BESTEST LOL
Sherrie The Spot in Matagorda (formerly Cheris Fabrics N More)

Laurie Edwards said...

These are going to be fun :) Purples my favorite color. And the inspiration pics are fabulous. Thanks Bonnie

Sue G. said...


I am Soooooo looking forward to this mystery!!!!! This will be fun!!

Thanks Bonnie!!!

Donna in Winter Garden said...

Well, dang it, I was going to pass on the mystery this year since I did last year's, but I LOVE THE COLOR SCHEME! And my stash is full of ALL those colors! :)

juliea said...

I have become hooked since I took your My Blue Heaven workshop in Dover DE. I was meeting my quilting sisters this am to go fabric shopping and while waiting, happened upon your vlog and was totally excited at the pics and the colors you've chosen. I love the purples and greens. So, I purchas3d some of the colors today. I am excited to do my 1st mystery quilt! Thank you Bonnie!!!!

Nancy quiltin' momma said...

Oh Bonnie! This one, I'm loving the color scheme for this mystery quilt!!

Lee said...

I HAVE that same magenta fabric!!! Just not enough for this project. I always look forward to seeing what color palette the year's mystery will be. This year's may not be 'mine', (last year's clearly was), but they are my friend's, so I'm very pleased, and this will stretch me if I stick with the choices. I think my stash is good on neutrals, yellow, maybe even green, but will definitely have to shop for the magenta, and maybe some purples of all shades. Then again, I can change colors - that's something that's always fun about your mysteries and always fun to see how the color choices everyone else goes with and how they all look different. Thank you again for all your hard work. I'm starting to think you have an identical twin sister who works behind the scenes - it just amazes me that one woman can accomplish so much!!

Feathers in my Nest said...

You always find the coolest 'no Whining' signs..every year.

Love these colors Bonnie! You hit them out of the ballpark this time.
Just saved the PDF to Word.

I can see why you picked these beautiful colors, Wow!
Thank you

Hugs, Debra in Ma.

Kerry said...

Ooh la laaaaa! Wonderful colours. Love everything about lavender. Really looking forward to this and as I sit here I see my EZ triangles on my little table - happy coincidence as I was considering making something with those. Sorted then!!!!

Jodi-Marie said...

This will be my first Mystery Quilt. I am so excited. Can you give the angle degrees for the triangle templates? I am trying to see if I have what I need

Cathy Whitby said...

I am loving the colors. Wish we had Lowes here in Australia so I could get the exact paint chips though. Cannot wait to start this one. Purple and green is my favorite color combination.

Deb C said...

I can say Ohhhh Ahhhhh Love your colors and the photos lavender's so relaxing I'm making this one for me!

Annalisa said...

This is my fifth mystery quilt. Love the colors. Cant wait. Thank you Bonnie,

Deborah in Augusta said...

Just so I understand.....we need the Tri Recs Tool and the Essential Triangle Tool?

Dena T said...

Ya! can't wait.

Cindy said...

What a fun time awaits,
Your loyal fans stand at the gate,
Fabrics lay in a row,
Which are first only you may know,
Purples and lavendar bring visions of fields abloom,
Greens and yellow enough to fill the room,
Don't forget magenta's bright, happy hue,
On a background where neutrals only will do.
Find those rulers wherever they might be,
At the ready to cut a piece or three,
Remember to breath and take your time,
This isn't a race - just set your pace,
Make the pieces to the measurements given,
Happy you'll be as they fit where they will be livin'.
Don't be afraid of techniques that are new,
A bit of practice and you will be suprised at what you can do.
Beautiful blocks in patterns that complete,
Rows of patterns oh so neat,
A quilt you will be proud to display,
Whether on the wall to hang or bed to lay.
A big thank you Bonnie for all you do,
To help each one of us through,
The process from beginning to end,
Hugs and love to you we send.

Janice said...

Bonnie, thank you so much! Your color choices are beautiful! I've been following your mysteries for years but I'm usually too busy to do them with everyone else. This year I'm giving myself a present and doing the clues as they come. I appreciate you so much, you are awesome! I hope no one whines and that everyone has a great time enjoying your generous gift to all of us. I'm determined to meet you some day, hopefully on one of your cruises. Thank you again! <3

dlhuett330 said...

Oh I have been waiting for this to come out, and here it is! I can hardly wait to get started! Love the colors!

dlhuett330 said...

Oh I have been waiting for this to come out, and here it is! I can hardly wait to get started! Love the colors!

Frances Meredith said...

Great colours Bonnie. Thank you for bringing us such fun!

sao said...

Thanks Bonnie - what a wonderful TREAT. The colors are stunning.

sao in Midlothian, VA

Shari Z said...

Bonnie, when you mentioned using the Sherwin Williams color section, I remembered that I bought their color strip set to use when we bought our new house. I found it and it has all the named colors. Yippee! Looking forward to another quilt mystery. This will be my third and as soon as my Allietare was done I was getting excited about the newest one that starts after Thanksgiving.
Thank you Bonnie for all you to do help encourage, challenge, and inspire your fellow quilters.
Hope you have a wonderful time in Houston.
Shari in SC

Sewgranny said...

Oh Bonnie, can't wait, just had my second cataract removed and purple is so amazing and bright now, wow, can't wait to sew this up. Thank you so much for doing this as my hubby is housebound from a stroke last year and I can't tell you how much it means to be able to quilt along with you and others!!!You inspire us like no one else.

ajsgramie said...

My favorite colors so my fabrics are chosen already. I sew with these colors the most. Instead of rushing at the last minute to get my things together I can sit back and smile at my fabric. I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky 500 who will get the triangle tool. I do have the tri recs rulers in case I'm not. My number is a long ways away from the last one posted. Teach me to not procrastinate next time.
Sue
Upstate NY

Momma Lynne said...

What wonderful colors. I don't have many projects that use the purples so this will be a lot of fun. Let the stash diving begin.

A little budget manipulating and I'll be sending my order for the triangle tool soon.

And thank you so much for being out there to inspire and encourage us every day.

Lynne in
West Chester PA

Maryse said...

PURPLE...hurry! My favorite color and I have a big stash! I don't care for green could I use a med blue instead? Thank you this will be my first mystery quilt ever. Enjoy Houston

Norma May said...

I've never done a mystery quilt before. The colors are great so may have to try it.

Kat Masterson said...

Running off to play in my fabric stash!!

Paige said...

I have the same cat print! :)

wolf3349 said...

I,ve got to finish up a couple small projects. Then start pulling out from my stash. I love the colors.

Mia Gomez said...

Get unlimited auto likes and comments on your Facebook status, photo or comment by using our facebook auto liker website. Here are options for the auto like facebook, facebook auto liker, auto like status, auto like facebook photo and photo auto liker.

Neil and Lorelei said...

We were in Provence last September and it was stunning! Will be doing my first Bonnie Hunter mystery! Got my paint chips!!

Shirley said...

Bonnie, when you say 2 yards of yellow does that mean one type fabric or a combination of a few different yellows that make 2yard?

Sorry but I'm new at this. Thank you so much for doing this for us, it is such a great way to learn.

Shirley

PaulaB quilts said...

I watched others doing the mystery last year and this time I feel brave enough to go for it. Love the colors especially, and I have the Tri-Rec rulers, so here goes!

Suzanne said...

I haven't had complete success with mystery quilts, but I am going to try this onw.

https://scontent.fslc1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14610897_10209100237321294_3329999203172517311_n.jpg?oh=ba3887812430843e353aeba4f12980c4&oe=588736FA

Catol V said...

i did the mystery quilt for the first time last year and despite being a quilter for only a couple years...my mystery quilt was a awesome learning experience. Bonnie is one of the most generous designers in the field and provides every opportunity for success with her clear instructions and plenty of photos for those who learn best visually, Yet, last year there were participant who had nothing nice to say about anything. They sounded like a cat with its tail squished in a door. Bonnie was gracious but I could only think...how rude and inconsiderate. Maybe we could pledge to all be grateful and positive his year while we make the mystery quilt.

Latifa said...

Bonjour Bonnie et merci pour ce merveilleux choix. Je suis nouvellement accro au quilting et je n'ai encore jamais participé à ce genre d'exercice. Je suis ravie de faire partie de votre groupe

Latifa said...

I am a new quilter and I have never done any mystery quilt. I don't understand if I need to shop all the shades of fabric or is it just a list of possibilities?
Merci

BetsyE said...

So much fun! I have the color tool. Could you give specific names/numbers of the equivalants?

Patricia said...

I'm excited and Ready TO GO!!!!
Thank you Bonnie Hunter :)

tj1 said...

Will fat quarters work or is it better to by wof 1/4 yard pieces--my stash is largely left over garment scraps--sometimes in varying strips from 2 to 5 inches--suggestions? picking up the paint chips this weekend!

Faith Morlan said...

bonnie if I make the smaller quilt can I use just fat quarters

Naomi said...

I am so excited! I have put reminders in my phone. I want to try doing this along with everyone! Yay! Now I have 4 weeks to finish the quilt I am currently at on.

Julie said...

Love the colors. Just finished the top from last year. Looks great and will be a perfect retirement gift for a teacher friend of mine! Looking forward to this years quilt!

rbcarp said...

So well organized..can't wait to get started!

Cecilia Fanning said...

Sounds like a lot of fun

Elaine Rutledge said...

Fantastic! Have not made a dent in the greens and purples of the stash yet. So happy for the color selection. Only 2 other mysteries I did were long ago, and with other designers. I am thrilled to do a Bonnie Mystery. I was so busy working on the Talkin' Turkey that I forgot to check here for the Mystery. Since my machine gave out, and the new machine will take a few days to get here, I can dive into the stash. Bless you!

mama-bear said...

I love these colors! Can't wait to start on this one! This is my third year and I'm hooked!