>>>>

Friday, September 30, 2016

A Dover Show and Share-a-bration!

20160926_124937
This is Michelle! 

She brought her half-pint Allietare to show & share during our workshops with the Helping Hands Quilt Guild of Dover, Delaware on Monday!

I had seen photos before, but seeing this up close and in person just took my breath away.

She took all of the units, and cut them down to half-size.  Half square triangles that once finished at 1 1/2’’ were now finishing at a tiny 3/4’’!

I was so happy to see this beauty in person and I asked her if she planned on doing THIS year’s quilt in half-size as well. 

We will have to wait and see what she comes up with!

Just to give you an idea, there were other beautiful Allietare quilts as well, in full size splendor:


20160926_124104

Same number of blocks, same layout…full size!

20160926_124314

And another!

See the change in colors?

I love how each quilter has made this quilt their own with their own fabric choices, styles and colors.  This makes me even MORE excited for THIS YEAR’S mystery coming up!

There were many show & share quilts, from our lunch breaks on both workshop days, and during the guild meeting.  It does my heart good when the line to show quilts during the guild meeting wraps along the wall as quilters wait their turn to show what they have made.

20160927_124712

More mystery completions!

This is Wanda’s Orca Bay from String Fling.

20160927_124921

A gorgeous Grand Illusion with explosions of color.

20160926_124607

A beautiful Easy Street from MORE Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

The rest of the gorgeous quilts are all found in the slide show below:



I wasn’t in Dover for very long.  I arrived Sunday evening, taught Monday, gave a lecture Monday evening, and taught Tuesday…I made it home yesterday about 7pm. SHORT trip!

As this goes live I’m ready to board my flight for Fort Lauderdale via Atlanta --

I’m ready to meet my cruisers on the Oasis of the Seas!


Quiltville Quote of the Day!

Talkin’ Turkey from our Monday workshop, pattern found in my book String Fling!

This is something I’ve really been working on and some days it isn’t easy.  Remember, no matter what others may say, your heart knows what is right for you. Have the courage to follow your heart and intuition.

I’ll catch you from Florida!  Have a happy Friday!

PS...don't forget that our 25% off all digital patterns in the Quiltville Store is good until October 1st! Use the code Digital25 at checkout to redeem.  Code must be used at time of purchase.


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous quilts, excited for this years mystery. When do the colors come out? I know it is soon, can't wait to start pulling fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous quilts, excited for this years mystery. When do the colors come out? I know it is soon, can't wait to start pulling fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie. I get so inspired looking at the show and share. Makes a gloomy day into a challenge day. I challenge myself to sew for at least an hour. Thank you for sharing your adventures. It is like reading a chapter book written by a good friend. What's the next chapter going to reveal!

    Love from Florida

    Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy to see all the photo's you took. I was so busy sewing I never had a chance to do much photographing. I cross posted to your blog today and yesterday from mine - www.stitchinggrandma.wordpress.com
    Mary Deeter

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun to see Michelle with her diminutive version. She is such a sweetheart, and I love small quilts. In fact, I figured the cutting for a miniature of Celtic Solstice--now I just need to actually make it! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All beautiful quilts, what A show & share!
    Love Michelle's quilt..

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)