>>>>

Friday, July 03, 2015

On a Drizzly, Foggy Rainy Day ---

20150703_114900-1
If yesterday was the perfect run around, enjoying every bit of nature we could grab day ---
Then today was the “Let’s be lazy because it’s pouring buckets and the mountains are fogged over!” day.

It worked for me.

Yesterday plum wore me out-

And I have to say that I am absolutely LOVING the sound of the rain pouring on the cabin’s new metal roof.

Best choice ever!

And when the sky opens up and presents us with a hosing deluge – all the better.  Oh how I love a good soaking summer rain!

Photo at the top…SO SO SO FUNNY!  The acrobatic strong men fabric is a gifted vintage piece that I’ve enjoyed using here and there ---you can only tell what it is up close..from far away it’s “Just a neutral” –but….oh my!  **giggle**

The project I’m putting together is up to borders stage!  Tomorrow should see it to completion!  I just didn’t feel like tackling borders, and it was close to time to start dinner – so I started doing some of this..

 20150703_182957

Bag of hunks and chunks – Tumblers to be!

I forgot my box of 2.5" squares at home, and I need some tumblers cut for Leaders & Enders, so this bag of scraps is being gone through for ANYTHING big enough.

20150703_183212

Cutting scraps to 2.5” widths and then using the  Easy Dresden tool to cut my pieces!

Only be VERY careful when rotary cutting after putting lotion on your hands --

20150703_183228

Yeah, I got my pinky!

I had to break into the guy’s Duck Dynasty bandaids!  Just a little nick -- but it could have been so much worse.  Be very very careful!

20150703_183343

However..look at this progress!

These have all been sewn in between the rows of joining this quilt top together…it’s getting long ALREADY!

I’m sewing pieces into pairs, and then joining pairs to the row…not sure how long I’ll go yet, but I’m shooting for at least FULL size on this one.

Jason is heading home shortly – he has to work tomorrow, so I’m so glad he was able to come spend a couple of days up here with us.

The time went all too fast as it usually does -

Much love from Buck Mountain -


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. When you have lots of pieces of the same size to cut, save yourself time by putting a strip of masking tape on the underside of the ruler at the mark you line up with the edge of the fabric.

    You don't have to keep looking for the right mark, and the tape creates a "stop" to butt right up against the edge of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you have lots of pieces of the same size to cut, save yourself time by putting a strip of masking tape on the underside of the ruler at the mark you line up with the edge of the fabric.

    You don't have to keep looking for the right mark, and the tape creates a "stop" to butt right up against the edge of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Bonnie, I am guessing you can do a few different sizes of tumblers with this Easy Dresden Ruler??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Strong man fabric is cracking me up....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of that Purple strong men fabric needs to go in your tumblers. How fun! Not the pinky cut though. I've seen Fireworks with the Duck Dynasty guys and my Hometown Sweets Baseball team. God Bless our Freedom! Happy 4th to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started cutting tumblers before you even mentioned this as the leader and ender project. Mine are from a 2 inch strip. I have one row done. About 70 tumblers. Definately a year long process. Love your scraps.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)