>>>>

Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Taking in the View --

20150504_083331
Waking up to this view after a good long sleep –a deep slumber so refreshing, no waking up in the middle of the night – I don’t even think I rolled over at all –what a wonderful morning!

Other than the blog posting problems I’ve had with a slower internet than I am used to – everything is PERFECT!

What I can’t post here is the feel of the early morning breeze through open shuttered doors.  The sound of birdsong ---the gentle morning light --

And thinking to myself….I AM IN ITALY!

I am in a historic place ---

This is a new adventure!

And we are here for a whole WEEK!


This is the nicest part…we are in this one location the entire time, doing day trips out to surrounding areas – but we get to unpack our suitcases and just MOVE IN and make our rooms our “HOME” for a week.  I love this!

20150503_145627

The historic Grand Hotel La Pace!
Montecatini Terme, Italy.

There is scaffolding in the front due to some renovations –old historic places NEED face lifts once in a while – but the interior is GORGEOUS beyond measure!

20150504_084315

Old Doors!  I love this!

20150504_084327

Oooh! Wood floors, and a balcony!

20150504_170409

How COMFY!

20150503_150924

I have a chandelier!

Let it be said that Jim West and Sew Many Places provide THE BEST accommodations, hands down.  I love the places we have stayed – off the beaten path, places that are unique and historic ---I mean, you can get a Hampton Inn or a Hyatt anywhere –nothing special there.  THIS IS AMAZING!

((And there IS a bidet!  But I am not taking photos…LOL!))

((Side note--- you may have missed THIS tour, but what about coming to Peru with me in November? Click the PERU TAB at the top of the blog for more details!))


Mangia!

This is last night’s welcome dinner in the fabulous dinging room…..historic frescoes on the ceilings and everything…oh GOODNESS!

20150503_172439

Chandeliers, anyone?

20150503_172507

Check out the ceiling!

20150503_193443

Centerpiece anyone?

Okay – THIS is my plan….send shorter posts…but more often, if I can write them ahead and spread them out, I might be able to get things uploaded if there are not too many photos – I bet I have already exceeded that limit with this post, and there are more photos to go!

So be watching for more from me – this is just our first day ---by the time dinner was done, we were falling asleep in our tiramisu ---and it was off to bed with all of us, exhausted and happy to be here.

Tomorrow would be another adventure, but our heads were ready to hit the pillows!

In between everything else, I’ve been struggling to keep up with email.  I just got an announcement that we have moved into the NEXT ROUND of the blogger awards!  Which means you now need to come vote again in this next round!  Please help me out by letting your voice be heard HERE.  Thanks, everyone!

Gonna hit send…hoping this uploads like it should!

Love from Montecatini Terme!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

12 comments:

  1. Got it. Enjoying Italy and it's views with you. I voted from the link on FB this afternoon. Congrats on being nominated in more than one category!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted, and you're in all the categories!! You're the best, we all know it! Have a great time, we'll take care of things here in the states! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I voted! You're #1, hands down!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I voted and live the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These photos are absolutely wonderful. I know that you are having a wonderful time!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for sharing it is the only way I can travel over seas. Going to go vote now

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diane Hughes8:32 AM EDT

    Love the photos!!!! Have a great time, and I voted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG bidets are the best. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I voted!! I KNOW you are having a total blast!!! Have a glass of wine for me, will ya??

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love the photos! it's gorgeous. can you do classes outside, it looks amazing out there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Janet Schwartz9:58 AM EDT

    Pictures are gorgeous and everyone looks like they are having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)