>>>>

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Talkin’ Turkey with the Jersey Girls!

20150414_134233
Combine 35 quilters and 35 machines with buckets, bags and boxes of fabric.

Stir in a measure of smiles and laughter, sprinkled with talking in between lines of chain piecing and what do you get?

A great day of sewing with the Garden State Quilters in Chatham, New Jersey!

We met at St Paul’s church in Summit, with plenty of room to set up and stay the day.

Eager and ready to go by 9am…we set into working with flying geese from a few different methods, each choosing the way that worked best for them….

When you take those geese, and a center 9 patch and put it on point with string pieced corners, what do you get?

 20150414_154553

A whole lot of scrap happiness!!

I just love this block!  So much motion, so much to look at!

20150414_142830

Cathie’s blues and greens.  Beautiful!

20150414_144822

Check out Jo Ann’s blacks and whites!

20150414_142615

It’s a veritable sweat shop!

20150414_154013

Group one on my right!

20150414_154133

Group two on my left!

Way to go ladies!!

You'll find the pattern for Talkin' Turkey in my book String Fling.

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.  You’ll also find some show and share photos tucked in amongst the workshop photos..be watching for them!
I left the gals after the class was over and made my way to Dover, Delaware where my friend Marti was waiting with great company for the evening and a home cooked meal.  This cuts 3 hours off of my drive home, even if it took me 4 hours to get to Dover thanks to rush hour traffic, not only getting through New Jersey, but even getting through Philadelphia ---this photo..6pm:

20150414_180903

Hello Philly!  Yes, we are at a stand still!

I know there was no blog post last night....I was dealing with driving in THIS!

Today there is no rush.

The sun is shining..it’s a gorgeous day.  Today there is freedom to drive to where I want to go, see what I want to see…all of those things the weather was too icky for when I was on my way up through Virginia a week ago…..that I didn’t get to stop for….are waiting for me to discover on my way home.

Have a wonderful Wednesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

5 comments:

  1. This was a great day! Learning new things and making quilt blocks, all taught by a fun teacher. Thanks Bonnie for a great class.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once that fall colored one was put together, it didn't look too busy at all. Great job ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie-
    I am slowly considering this block.
    All are so inviting, but the one in blue/green or even blue/purple remind me of swirling mermaids... which my 3 yr old grandgirl would love!
    Amazing how we see things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I poured over those photos and there was not one vintage machine. I was surprised. I loved the black and white blocks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems most of your recent classes have had someone doing an orange version of the project. I love orange, bright sun shiny orange. Brightens the whole room.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)