>>>>

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Diggin’ the Love Shack in Kansas!

20150421_121454
Okay, everyone!

A one, and a two and a three!
Happy Birthday to you -Happy Birthday to you-Happy Birthday, dear Sharon,
Happy Birthday to You! 
You only turn 70 once and what a great way to spend your special day with your guild friends who gathered to celebrate with you doing what we love most!

And then there is cake!

I have never met a more beautifully lovely 70 year old, inside and out.  Thank you, Sharon for spending your special day with us -- and with me!

We had a great time yesterday in Rose Hill, Kansas with the Country Rose Quilt guild.  36 scrappy lovin’ quilteres gathered for a fun day of sewing up the crumbs, scraps and strings for our Love Shack workshop and we had a screaming good time.

20150421_095716

It was so great being with these ladies again – it’s been 3 or 4 years!

20150421_094843

Our room was full of eagerness and willingness to try new things.

20150421_142952

And everyone was making such fun blocks!

((Check out the scrap pile on this table! Ha!))

20150421_143024

String blocks, maverick stars, wonky hearts and more!

20150421_143050

Show me your stuff, ladies!

20150421_143111

Lookin’ good!

20150421_143145

Just a whole lot of Kansas Scrappy Fun!

20150421_154811

Coming together bit by bit!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Love Shack, Rose Hill KS 2015


I was picked up by taxi at 4:05am this morning.  4:05 am is earlier than the 4:15am I was planning on…..and I was not quite ready!  Ugh!

So Spokane is getting me “AS IS” this afternoon by the time I reach there.  My flight boards in 45 minutes.  Flight route?  Wichita to Minneapolis to Spokane.

It’s going to be a LONG day – and I hope to sleep on the plane.

Oh goodness!

Have a lovely Wednesday, everyone!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

10 comments:

  1. Oh the glamorous life of a quilt teacher/lecturer!! You make it look easy but not sure I could do it! Happy safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a nice time in Kansas! I live about 100 miles north of Wichita. Actually, I was born in Wichita but only lived there 2 years! Attending one of your sessions is on my bucket list! Enjoy your time in Washington and we'll see you again one day in the Land of Oz!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:09 AM EDT

    Safe travels, love following your adventures. It is COLD in MN and WI today. So, while at MSP don't step out side. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 AM EDT

    Hope you picked up some Ruby Red Slippers in Kansas so you trip home will be quick and easy. Thanks for spending time with the great people of Kansas. Come back real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you ever travel to California? I would love to attend one of your classes. I finished my Grand Illusion Mystery some time ago and love it!! It still needs to be quilted.
    Love your postings of all your classes and travels!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Happy born Day Ms. Sharon and more birthdays to come :)

    Info site for Seattle Sewer Repair

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful day you have had. Happy Birthday Sharon. I love this quilt. Where can I purchase the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know this is the right time to wish you that Happy safe travel!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been telling myself for years that I would see someone I know in your class or audience.
    The three from Parsons, KS, quilt friends are pictured with their 'pile of scraps'. Wish I had known you, Bonnie, were going to be so close to my home. Would love to have heard you and taken a workshop or two. Yes, will be checking your schedule in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like everyone is having fun and being creative.
    Boy that was gonna be a long day. 4am or 4:15 is not my time of day.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)