>>>>

Monday, March 02, 2015

Sunday Afternoon and Virginia Bound!


Yes, it was THIS kind of day!

A perfect day for sewing up the strings, Virginia Bound style!

A Sunday afternoon workshop going from 1pm to 7pm after a relaxing morning at the hotel puttering with a borrowed featherweight machine.

Just a great day for playing and laughing and making some beautiful blocks!

I also had my first run in with a sand crane….those guys are HUGE!!  As he walked past the window, head bobbing, beady eye watching what was going on inside the building.
I ran outside to see if I could get a photo, of course forgot the camera inside, so--

You’ll just have to believe me.  They are BIG and gawky and so fun to watch!

20150301_140538

We started with stuff like this!

20150301_142955

We sewed onto our foundations like this!

And before we knew it we were turning out blocks like this:

20150301_170442

So pretty, Cindy!

20150301_161222

Hooray!

20150301_143405

Look at them all, just slaving away!

20150301_161802

Yeah, I like to work them hard!  Ha!

group1

Thanks for the fun day, Ladies!

Oh yes!  And there was THIS:

20150301_122527

Flavor of the day?  Key Lime Pie!  How Floridian!

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.

Virginia Bound, Tampa FL 2015




Virginia Bound is found in my book Scraps & Shirttails.  Signed copies can be ordered from my online shop HERE.

Dinner was a fun affair –but even after getting there after 7pm on a Saturday night, it took quite a while for us to be sat, waited upon and fed.  But still, what a fun evening for all 13 of us.  Toward the end we were worried that we’d make it back in time for the season finale of Downton Abbey.

I made it with 5 minutes to spare, but that also explains why there was no evening blog update last night.

No spoilers here! but there were some good surprises and I’m glad we made it! 

Still…why are British tv series SO SHORT!?  And do we really have to wait until January to find out what happens?? 

This is nuts!  Wait all year, and now it’s until next year.

This morning we’ve got a whole nuther batch of quilters gathering for a Talkin’ Turkey workshop from 10am to 4:30pm.

Time to get my shower and get this day put together – here we go again!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

13 comments:

  1. i've recently downsized and moved with the bare essentials and y'all know what the bare essentials are (bed, fabric,quilting accessories and sewing machines. but my point is, i live dangerously close to Culver's, like i can see them from my door. YUM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:47 AM EST

    Thanks so much for not spoiling Downton Abbey! I've avoided seeing or hearing anything about it this season, so I can binge watch it on Netflix or Amazon, whichever one shows it - can hardly wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the British shows too. But if they did 24 shows a season would the writing be as good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you heard that next year is the last season for Downton Abbey. I hate that so bad. Love, love that show.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you heard that next year is the last season for Downton Abbey. I hate that so bad. Love, love that show.

    10:22 AM EST Delete

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blocks those ladies are making. All the colour combinations look really exciting. It would be marvellous to see the finished quilts in a gallery on one of your posts. What a colourful and joyful set of quilts that would be!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the orange stars. I also see a great idea for a different I Spy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like everyone is having a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What I like about this post the most - besides the wonderful pictures and all the smiling faces is that I guess ther is a reason I have not watched Downton Abbey since season 2!! Now, when I finally do get caught up, my wait will not feel as long as your wait it going to be!!! ;-)

    I am creating borders for my quilt top I am working on now.... And I have realized, borders are the one aspect I seem to not enjoy - at all. Do you have a part of the process that you seem to slow down on doing, or do you just plow through and enjoy everything about this craft you do so well!! Just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I also find it hard to wait until next January for Downton Abbey. Still, it beats waiting two years for three episodes of Sherlock!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sand cranes are amazing!! The babies have super long legs and a body full of fluff!! They lose their "cute" quality when they start screeching though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Sandhills Cranes migrate through Nebraska in the fall and the spring. They stop to feed in the fields near the Platte River for about 3 weeks before heading south (fall) or north (spring). I have had the pleasure of seeing them come in to roost in the evening, and take off in flight at dawn. You cannot imagine the sound that thousands and thousands of cranes make! It is a sound to behold. Always makes me smile to see or hear them in the fields along the roads during the day, and to read about them as the travel through our state. People come from all over the world to see this sight because the migration area is about 70 miles long right through the center of Nebraska. Amazing.

    And to make this quilt-related, we always stopped at all the quilt shops along the way both heading to see the cranes, and then back home again. Hubby and I did that trip for about 7-8 years in a row, but we haven't done it for a out 15 years now. May need to go see them this year on a week or 2.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such fun! Planning on making Turkey Tracks...calling mine Turkey Trot!

    You do find the yummy ice cream places.. I should write them all down. :)

    Smiles, JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)