>>>>

Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Studio Day 3, Meet Joann!


Joann sent me an email sharing not only her studio space, but her blog which is really fun!
 
You can find her info at HERE.
 
She writes:
 
Hi Bonnie,
I’m sending pics of my sewing room ( s ) and stash so you can share on your blog. 
I hope that you will like the way I put your “scrap user system” to work in my stash...I guess you can say I have been bitten by the scrap wagon bug!
Thanks for all you do and have safe travels! 
This is the view into my office space


It's been awhile since I posted pics of my office and quilt studio, so since I am cleaning them in order to make it nicer for when people come to check out the long arm I am selling to make room for the new bigger long arm I ordered, I thought this was a good time to update my studio pics.
This is where I sew when I want to watch something on the computer. Under this desk area I keep 2 good size containers of crumbs/ fabric. One for neutrals and one for color. 

I keep my treadle machine under one of my windows in the office 



I also have a basic design wall in my office. 

My quilt studio is right next to my office
                     

I have a 2nd design wall in my studio


Opposite of the design wall is where I keep all of my long arm thread, easy for my customers to choose the color of thread they want on their quilts.


Under my long arm, I keep my fabric yardage separated into the 12 colors I keep.


             Next to the yardage is where I keep my fat quarter storage


This wall runs parallel to my long arm and is where I keep my Bernina


To the right of my Bernina I keep some of my scrap user system...

and to the left of my Bernina I keep the rest of my scrap user system. Again all of the areas are separated into 12 colors. They are white, off white, yellow, orange, red, pink, purple, blue, green, brown, grey, and black.
 
I use my foyer closet to store my batting and right now on my dinning room table is quilts waiting to be quilted and lots of stuff that is being sold with my long arm.

Thanks for sharing your studio space, Joann! I love seeing how people put the space they have to such good use!
 
I look forward to sharing more studio photos with you during our cruising week!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

16 comments:

  1. That's what I call being organized. Wow!! My hats off to Joann.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great organization!!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!! That's all I can think to say! Wow!!! Even her totes all match! Great space, Joann!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow is certainly the right word. Superb organisation. Puts me to shame.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh to have the space, what a great set up she has! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous4:35 PM EST

    Wow! That was a great studio! Please come organize mine! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm off to check out your blog! Lisa/AK

    ReplyDelete
  7. Makes me want to go down an sort my Stash by Colors. Thanks for sharing her Quilt Zone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy moly! Joann's stash is so organized and neat! Thanks for the peek into her sewing room and studio.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous9:08 PM EST

    Wish I was half that organized!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent organization!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If only I could get so neat and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lucky you. Love your organization. wonderful sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely studio. I absolutely adore that postage stamp quilt in progress. Going to her blog to see if I can find out more. Hope you are enjoying the cruise, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, Joann! I thought I was the queen of plastic containers.....but I think you have me beat! What a wonderful space! I may have to borrow a few of your ideas......I'm still trying to get mine organized! Thank you for sharing. It's always so much fun to see other quilters' space. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so so impressed! Not only by the level of organisation, but also by the sheer size of the stash and workspace. If only...
    Wonderful to see this, thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)