>>>>

Sunday, September 07, 2014

Sewing up ALL the Scraps in Bloomington, IL!

20140906_152443-1
I’ve been declared HARDLY NORMAL by the Hands All Around Quilt Guild of Bloomington/Normal, IL!

What a crack up! 

It’s something we’ve suspected  all along, but it’s now, but it’s nice to be OFFICIAL and have the shirt to prove it.

The funnier part is, no one fessed up to leaving this gift bag on my table during my class….so who ever you are, thank you thank you – this day was SEW MUCH FUN!

 We started our day out sewing four patches in rapid fire giddiness ---

The big hint is to do all the matching of what goes next to what in the cutting process ---instead of cutting individual twosies…put two strip sets right sides together and cut them into already matched pairs.  Once the ladies caught on to this there was no stopping them ---it takes all the slow work of playing match-up with individual units out of the game and you go to the machine with pairs ready to just feed through the machine.

Send those 4 patches through the machine in the same direction every time….all the seams will spin the same direction.  Simple things bring great pleasure when blocks fall together with automatically nesting seams.  ((Doesn’t take much to make us happy, does it?))

20140906_112714-1

What a terrific day!

And yes, there is a slide show this morning because all the photos are present and accounted for!  ((Still can’t find where the photos from Friday’s class went between my phone and my laptop?? ARGH!!))

Click the image below if you are unable to view the slide show on your mobile device.  You’ll be taken to the photo album for viewing.
Cathedral Stars, Bloomington, IL 2014



You can find the free pattern for Cathedral Stars under the Free Patterns tab at the top of the blog.

I’m heading home this morning!

This trip went by so quickly, and I have just a few days before heading to Ketchikan, Alaska on Wednesday!  OH BOY!

Remember we are doing QUILT-CAM tomorrow evening, MONDAY, Sept 8, at 9pm Eastern.  It’s been a while, and I’m looking forward to spending some time with you.

Tonight we will be drawing for the two issues of QUILTS from 100 blocks!  Did you enter?  Leave your comment on this post THERE and I’ll draw tonight when I get home!

Time to hexie at 35, 000 feet!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

Click Here to join our sister group, Quiltville's Open Studio on Facebook, a place to Sew, Share & Grow!!

6 comments:

  1. I am sorry I missed you. I was in Henning, Il. visiting my daughter, son-in-law and my new granddaughter, when I realized you were just 1.5 hours away. I will be heading to Bloomington this afternoon on my way back to Pleasant Hill so I can head to work tomorrow morning. I wish I could have seen you.
    your quilts are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. What fascinating fabric choices! I liked cathedral stars before, but now seeing all those possibilities, it has to go on my to do list, too. I seem to be adding one every few weeks. Guess I'd better learn to sew faster.

    Sorry you lost your my blue heaven photos. I really enjoy seeing those choices.

    Have a safe trip home. By the way, what size do the yellow flying geese finish at?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your time saving techniques. Hopefully I can get organized and do your mystery quilt this year.
    I really enjoy your blog and hearing about your travels. Wish you could come to Southern Ontario.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yellow flying geese are for a future book project, I can't give out sizes :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:43 AM EDT

    Bonnie,

    Have you ever thought of bringing enough fabric for everyone to make Just One block and putting all those blocks together for a charity quilt at these seminars?

    I know people are interested in working on their own quilts but for some reason I keep wanting to see a group-made quilt in these posts of your classes.

    It seems like it would go perfectly with what you do. [Someone besides you could sew them together and do the binding.]

    Just an idea,

    Laurie
    leavesongrass@cox.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Colleen in Iowa City8:42 AM EDT

    So wish I could of joined the Bloomington Group, looks like fun was had! Can't wait for Quilt Cam tonight. Been WAAAAAAy too Long! Colleen in Iowa City, Iowa

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)