>>>>

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Heads up for Intermission!

quiltcam1
I wanted to send a quick reminder that there *IS* Indeed Quilt-Cam tonight!

Several emails have come in asking – and I guess they were so blown away by the lovely vintage blocks I posted THIS MORNING that they missed the Quilt-Cam announcement at the bottom of the page!

I’m planning on some simple string piecing at the treadle tonight.  I have about 3 projects in the fire –more than I usually have going at any one time, and I need to knock some stuff out.  So bring a project and join me.  Come to the blog here at 9pm Eastern!

And because it’s not really a good post with out a photo, I wanted to share this email and pic I got from DJ in TX!

She writes:

This a picture of the quilt I donated to the Pilot Club of Lufkin for their fall fundraiser.
The proceeds go to several projects that are connected with brain safety. My favorite is Project Lifesavers. We furnish transmitting bracelets to clients in Angelina county that might wander for one reason or another.
We also furnish the Sheriff's department with the tracking equipment. If a client goes missing they can be located in 30 minutes or less. (I believe this is correct) There is no cost to the clients.
The quilt, named Southern Comfort, was made from Bonnie Hunter's "Easy Street" pattern. It raised $675.00 in the live auction.
Thanks for being so generous!
Dorothy (D.J.) on TX
 
djeasystreet1
 
DJ’s Easy Street AKA Southern Comfort!
 
Don’t you love to hear of such a worthy cause?
 
So happy her quilt brought in funds to help “Those Who Wander!” Open-mouthed smile
 
See you later, in just over 3 hours!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!
You do not need a Facebook account to read the Facebook posts - They are viewable to all! Feel free to read & quilt along with us!

4 comments:

  1. DJ your quilt is gorgeous. What a great gift and a worthy cuase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lorie Bugaiski10:54 PM EST

    Love you quilt it beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for showing this quilt Bonnie. It is absolutely beautiful.
    Regards, Linda Hodges

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)