>>>>

Monday, September 30, 2013

Pure Scrappy Love in the Email!

Ria sent this photo of her crumb quilt and I just have to pass it on to you!

You know for the past couple of months I’ve been digging in the crumbs and sewing them strip-style onto 2.5” X 8.5” pieces of paper.

Look what she did!  While mine is still a “work on it when I can quilt in progress” her is done!

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,
Just wanted to show you my crumbs-quilt! Made after your luminous idea of using all kinds of tiny crumbs......
I set the darker blocks on point and used neutral string-blocks to join them!
I just LOVE this quilt!!
And you know what? EVERYBODY LOVES this quilt!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks for your great ideas and inspirations to all of us; certainly to me!!!
Love from the Netherlands, Ria.
http://treasurequilts.blogspot.com
I just love it too, don’t you?
 
riacrumbs1
 
The neutral string blocks are reminiscent of our past mystery, Roll Roll Cotton Boll, found in Scraps & Shirttails II.  I am so happy to see that things we learn during mysteries can be applied to other quilts down the road too!

I don't know about you, but I was also oohing and ahhing over the other quilts in this photo!  Check Ria's blog linked above to see more of what she has been working on.
 
Speaking of Mysteries…we have just about 2 weeks left until I release the colors and fabric yardage requirements for THIS YEAR’S mystery that starts November 29th!  Be watching mid-October for those colors to be revealed…I hope you are getting as excited as I have been while working on this quilt.


 
Don’t forget, tonight is QUILT-CAM!  9pm Eastern.
 
I’ll probably be found treadling on more scrappy string sashings for the Cheddar Sampler quilt..I thought I’d give myself a break from those square-in-a-square cornerstones and do something else for tonight.
 
See you there!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!












13 comments:

  1. That means I better go run my errands this afternoon. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilt cam. I'm hooked.
    I. Love. Her. Scrappy. Quilt!!!. Omgosh that is amazing. I'm going to copy it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "see" you tonight on quilt cam. not sure what I will work on either spit 9 patch or crazy pineapple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ria's quilt is stunning! I do like her ideas. Thumbs up all around.

    Ok, here comes the crumbs!!! Out of 'storage"...meaning I have to corral the strays ;).

    Smiles
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Crumb quilt is so cool, I'm fairly new to quilting, not sure what you mean about crumb quilt, is it like string quilts done on paper? Is their a tutorial on your blog? Going to watch you tonight at 9 . And hopefully get my table runner completed while I listen to you chat. Enjoy your site. Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohhhhh I love Ria's quilt, string blocks and crumb blocks just great! very well done! See you later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this quilt/crumb setting! Beautiful! I have 81 blocks finished; I thought about using the "Dancing" setting, calling it Dancing Crumbs, but I wanted to see what Bonnie came up with before finishing into a top. My compliments to Ria and to Bonnie for all the fabulous patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't even finished Easy Street yet - let alone Lazy Sunday! Geesh - guess I'd better get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh that is an adorable quilt. Ria did an awesome job separating the blocks into light and dark's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just woke this morning and found my email on your blog.... LOL .... :)
    I'm of to babysit the grandkids and take them to school.
    Hope to have some time later to watch you on Quiltcam. Thanks do much for archiving them, as I was sound asleep as you were treadling...(Just love treadles! )
    Have a great day!
    Greetz from Holland, Ria.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love seeing all the different way your followers are using the crumb strips. This is another beauty :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was so looking forward to Quilt Cam, but darn if I didn't come down with a horrible, yet short lived, stomach virus. (Picked it up from the kids at school.) Anyway, I can't believe it is almost time for fabric and yardage for the new mystery! Time is flying! I can't wait.
    Julie in Alabama

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)