>>>>

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Meet Kerstin!

Quilters love road trips!

We’ve had several gals who have driven hours to get here from California, or Whitby Island in Washington State ---and you would think these ladies have known each other forever, when in fact they just met.

Kerstin is one such gal ---and I liked her right away!  What’s not to like?  The first thing I saw was a hexie mini on her table, adorning her space, making it her home for the course of the day.

She wasn’t alone in her adventures though--- she has a friend that lives locally and they both planned on taking the class with the Umpqua Valley Quilters together.

Isn’t this little hexie quilt cute?  I think her hexies were 1/2” per side…..over the moon in love!

From there, she quickly introduced me to her latest busy-bag project…..but first take a look at the busy bag:

Roseburg_OR2013 018

Cute cute cute!  A half round case!

I do not know if there is a pattern available for this ---I don’t have a source if there is one.  If someone knows, can they post it in the comments section so those looking can find it?  Thank you!

Look at the inside:

Roseburg_OR2013 017

All the goodies needed for hours of traveling stitching!

Roseburg_OR2013 019

YUMMY!!  Those equilateral triangles are so dinky tiny!

Roseburg_OR2013 060

Kerstin with her purple Carolina Chain quilt!

She is a purple-lover – and isn’t this so pretty?  I love how the varioius shades of that delicious color just sparkle across the surface ---which reminds me….I have a Carolina chain UFO around here SOMEWHERE?!

Carolina Chain was one of the blocks from my Addicted to Scraps column.  If you click the Addicted to Scraps tab at the top of the blog, you can scroll through and find what was in past issues!

Roseburg_OR2013 061

Kerstin’s Easy Street top, just waiting for borders!

Roseburg_OR2013 062

The girl does love her purple!  Isn’t this pretty?!

Roseburg_OR2013 063

Scrappily Irish from Adventures with Leaders & Enders!

Making this quilt with 4-patches sewn in the Leader & Ender style makes the making of this quilt easy & breezy!  All between the lines of chain piecing other things!  No strip panels…just pure pleasure as units grow on the side.  Don’t you love how she completed the checkerboard into the border using even MORE scrap squares?  SO pretty!

Roseburg_OR2013 064

Patches & Pinwheels!

I love that several of her quilts do not require morders…..the binding just finishes off the edge so nice.  This is a child sized quilt, just perfect from the scraps.  Kerstin sure has a way with color, doesn’t she?  You can find the directions for Patches & Pinwheels under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.

Roseburg_OR2013 065

Kerstin’s Bricks & Stepping Stones!

The fabrics were so fun in this one…I just really love it!  Again, no borders.  It really doesn’t need any!  Bricks & Stepping Stones is also found under the free patterns tab.  Have YOU made one?

Roseburg_OR2013 066

Close up of all the fun stuff!

Thanks for coming all the way up, Kerstin!  I really enjoyed meeting you, we care cut from the same scrappy cloth, you and I!  I hope our paths will cross again!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

11 comments:

  1. Not sure if this is it but here is one similar to the half round bag. http://keyka.typepad.com/my_weblog/2011/08/lets-make-dumplings-free-zip-pouch-tutorial.html

    Wanda
    http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think all the time how much our world needs more purple. Love all the inspiring eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerstin has been very busy! The purple in her Easy Street was a great choice, I have wished there was more purple in mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bonnie, I made one of these for myself years ago. The pattern said to use a store-bought quilted oval placemat, but I just quilted two pieces of fabric to the same shape and size. You lay ziploc bags across the center and cover with a piece of ribbon and sew down. Sew a zipper onto the rounded edges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts. It's nice to know that all quilters are sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to post the "dumpling" bag, too. But it would have to be made larger. I've made six of the pattern as shown; they are not too hard to make and very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow--look at all the eye candy! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous5:43 PM EDT

    Great eye candy indeed - some times I forget what great quilts you design - super scrappy - and so many gals finish these large quilts.... way to go, everybody.

    ReplyDelete
  9. my, Kirsten, you are a busy girl! love your show n tell!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kirsten! I thought that was you in the pictures yesterday. I'm so glad to see you and Bonnie have met. See you at the Ranch! Love all your quilts. Still working on my Easy Street. You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)