>>>>

Friday, September 06, 2013

Hello, Big D!!

It was so fun having Candace pick me up at the airport yesterday morning ---It had only been about 10 days since I had last seen her, when our cruise docked back in Seattle and all of our folks went their own separate ways!

My flight got in a half hour early, landing at 8:30am instead of 9pm ----and I was ever so grateful for her company.  It sure beat taking a taxi from the airport to the hotel, and then having to sit in the lobby for 5 hours because you can’t check in until 2pm.  What would I have done with myself?  Well, hexies I suppose!

I got a bit done in that 90 minute flight from Greensboro to Dallas…..and I napped!

We went back to Candace's house and I got to kick my shoes off and relax a bit and talk about all-things-quilting!  She has a beautiful house, with a real knack for organizing and making good use of space.  I loved seeing her own quilts, as well as some antique quilts in her collection!

From there two girls set off on a shopping agenda:

Dallas_Sept2013 008

The CONTAINER STORE!

This was really a fun place, and I’ll need to go back to one when I get home….there is some STUFF I really need!

From here we wandered up to Plano to get a bit of this:

Dallas_Sept2013 009

Fabric Fanatics!

I’m teaching here over New Years ---Teaching  a Special Mystery, and a few other classes and I needed to touch base with Lisa to see how we were coming along and discuss details.  Nice to see the gals at the shop and catch up on everything!  If you are interested and will be in the Dallas area around New Years, check out Fabric Fanatic’s website Contact Page for more info.  Drop them an email or give them a call –there are a handful of available slots left.  I’d love to see you there!

From here we wandered down to El Fenix for some great Tex Mex lunch ----and then a bit more shopping before it was time to drop me off at my hotel for a much needed nap!

Dallas_Sept2013 011

Waiting in the 100 degree heat for my ride to pick me up!  I’m MELTING!!

Dallas_Sept2013 017

The guild meeting was standing room only last night!

The empty chairs you see are reserved for board members and one of them is mine Smile  What a fun vivacious group!  There is NOTHING like being with a group of fun quilters ---

Dallas_Sept2013 015

I love it when quilters bring THEIR completed quilts to share with me!  This is Pfeffernusse ---and just look at that smile!  Great job!

Time flew and before we knew it, we were packing it up and heading back to the hotel.

Dallas_Sept2013 023

I can’t sleep on a hotel bed until I put a quilt on it!

I’m teaching this quilt, Jamestown Landing today.  We plan on making a really big mess in the scraps and having a ton of fun.  I’ll try to send updates through the day ----

Have a great Friday everyone!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

10 comments:

  1. Have a great day! Wish I was sewing instead editing documents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your back is feeling better! Hauling those bags around and sleeping in hotel beds gotta hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the idea of giving the hotel bed a quilt so you can sleep better! May just start packing a throw when I go places-can just hear the daughter now "Mom, WHY are you bringing a quilt when they have blankets on the beds?" Bet she is the first to snag it as a cover when watching TV!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you testing us to see how alert we are? If your plane landed 1/2 hour early - how come you landed at 8:30 am instead of 9:00 pm. That would seem as though you landed 12-1/2 hours early! ;)

    Loved the program last night ... learned that I had to come home and re-cut my 3" strips to 1-1/2" strips and then cut some at 3-1/2". Wish the church had put us in the sanctuary where there was more room - and a stage, so that those in the last row could see your beautiful quilts (or we needed some 6' women to be the holders).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for posting my photo with my Pferneusse quilt. I enjoyed making it and loved being in your class. Hope to see you again real soon. Martha Lindberg....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your quilt is beautiful. Is it from one of Bonnie's books? If so, which one?

      Delete
    2. What a gorgeous quilt, Martha!

      Delete
  6. Great to use your own quilt in the Hotel. I do that too. It's easy to have one ready to bind along the way then sleep under it that night. No worries about the 'cooties' in the hotel covers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea of using a quilt on the hotel bed. I wish I would have done that when I traveled a couple of weeks ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had never thought of using one of my own quilts in a hotel....great idea. LOVE JAMESTOWN LANDING!!!! That is a beautiful quilt. I am sure it is in one of your books - and I have them all!

    sao in Midlothian, VA

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)