>>>>

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Cathedral Stars Along the Rogue River!

Yesterday’s  Cathedral Stars workshop was fast paced and fun ---full of color!

Random scraps in rainbow hues sparkle behind stars and ladders --- this is one of my absolute favorite quilts.  So much fun to make, and so fun to look at each piece ---all the pieces coming straight from the already cut sizes in the Scrap User’s System!

We had a special visitor, a new quilter named Carmela, who was here all the way from Caracas, Venezuela to visit her lovely daughter Angela!  I just love this photo of them, and we had so much fun!

There were quilters of all different levels of experience, and I’m sure some of what we went over in the beginning was “old news” to some of the more seasoned quilters –

But my hope as always is to explain things in such a way that everyone leaves with someone they hadn't thought of – or maybe brought something to mind more clearer – and provide them with skills and tips and techniques that they can apply to ANY future quilt that they make.  Hopefully we succeeded!

RogueRiver_OR2013 157

And they sure got a lot done!

Click the image below if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device – you will be taken directly to the photo album.  The blocks they were making and fabrics they were using are WONDERFUL, each giving their own personality to their quilt --
2013-09-19
Cathedral Stars is one of the many free patterns found under the free patterns tab at the top of the blog.  Have you made one yet?

Today is a moving on day!  My two co-horts, Karen and Gerri will be taking me on a road trip up to Eugene where I am lecturing tonight.

It's about a 3 hour journey, but we plan on doing it in about SIX hours -- because of course, there are neat places to stop and shop and fabulous places to have lunch, and we can take our time doing so!

Love from Oregon --

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

7 comments:

  1. NO..I haven't made one..yet. Love the inspiration from your classes, and yes always learn something new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful colors. I just made one but I used almost the same colors as Bonnie did. I con't wait to see them posted finished, with those wonderful colors..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will wave while you pass through Portland area!
    My cathedral window quilt is about 16 inches square minus one square. Started in 1980 and not touched since. I am fine with that.

    Thanks for all the hints.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finishing sewing the binding to the back of mine, which is done in the same colors Bonnie used. This was a tough one for me - I rarely use bright colors. LOVE the one being done in reds, greens and tans - old fashioned Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Bonnie!
    It is killing my Mom and I that you are so so close! Have a great time enjoying the Pacific Northwest...wish we could be there with you.
    Honk as you fly over the Willamette Valley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always learn so much color theory just by seeing all the various combinations of your students' work.I think that CW was gorgeous and I loved the Christmas-y one, too! They all will make beautiful quilts!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)