>>>>

Thursday, June 06, 2013

The Grand Reception! What a Night!

Yes, I know it’s midnight as I write this, but tomorrow the festival starts, my classes start – and I wanted to just send you some photos of how things are going here!

I have come face to face with a couple of ladies whom I have admired for years and years and years and we are getting along so swimmingly ---tonight I kept pinching myself, why am I here? Do I really deserve to be here?

This whole trip is like a dream come true, and Quilters are gathering from all over the globe to partake of this event – SO MUCH WORK has gone on behind the scenes….you’d have no idea how much unless you were given a glimpse over the past year to see just how much has gone into it continually ---and this is it.  It’s happening.

It’s really fun to get dressed up and be driven off to a fancy place!  The reception gala was held at the beautiful Galway Bay hotel.  We mingled and schmoozed and got aquainted with those who had come from near and far – champagne and cocktails were served for those who imbibed…there was juice and other beverages for those who didn’t ---and then we were ushered into the banquet room for the evening's festivities.

So beautiful!  Oh boy, here we go with all that silverware again…yes…I know…work from the outside in!!

Ireland2013 306

Our host, Jim West, mingling with the lovely ladies!

Ireland2013 303

My beautiful friend Sherry Denton sitting across the table from me!

Ireland2013 296

Cheers, everyone!  Yes, we are REALLY HERE!

Ireland2013 297

The wait staff was taking very good care of us!

Ireland2013 298

All around the room Quilters were talking about their tours this day ---We had spent the day at Kylemore Abbey – more photos of that to come as soon as I get a chance to really sit and edit and write!

Ireland2013 299

Much discussion over the menu from Table 5, the Batting Babes!

If you could be here which entrée would you choose?

Ireland2013 305

Being as I did the salmon last night, it was the prime rib for me…..DELICIOUS!!

Ireland2013 308

Pam Holland, announcing the winners of various show awards!
((I can’t wait to see the quilts at this show!))

Ireland2013 311

And the most fun of all ---
Eleanor Burns getting her lifetime achievement award!

Ireland2013 219

Look!  Eleanor and I are color coordinated! :cD

But the most fun of all was watching her with her Irish-Colored gifted Feather Boa…

Check this out!


It’s just a short clip…I fumbled with the camera and it cut off the end of her speech…

After that, we had a fabulous time with the Trad on the Prom Show – Irish Music, Song & Dance at it’s Best!  Think River Dance – only better….and we had front row seats!

Okay, so this explains why it’s after midnight and I’m still so jazzed…..

I better shut it down now though and get some sleep because classes start tomorrow morning ---

More love from Ireland!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

31 comments:

  1. Looks like you are having a lovely time.. and YES you deserve to be there silly! You are a quilting great! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the picture of you and Eleanor Burns together! It's a treat to see and hear about this fantastic trip--can't wait for more from you.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for taking us all with you Bonnie! Looks like a great time! Congrats to Eleanor too! Her patterns were the only ones I could follow before I found your blog and your fab directions! You gals have that in common--you make quilting accessible for so many of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes ... I agree! You both are so down to earth! But Bonnie, I'm sorry... Eleanor was my first love! LOLOL

      Sounds like you are having a spectacular time. Enjoy every single minute, and don't worry about us .. we shall be envious from afar!! :-)

      Delete
  4. Thanks so much for taking the time to keep us posted on all the festivities! It's the next best thing to being there! Enjoy every moment---you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie - thank you for taking the time to share with us. What fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jim West looks very handsome dressed up in a formal kilt. And, know what I noticed? Not a single hat on any of the ladies. Seems like everyone else had the same thought you did about that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bonnie, I know you are having a blast! Can't wait to see more pictures of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time! Thanks for sharing it with us! You deserve every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keep it all coming! I so wanted to do this trip but just couldn't make it work out. This way, I'll be living it along with you. Have a wonderful day tomorrow - or today - or whatever! And keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What? no lamb on the menu at this time of year? Horrors! Enjoy Ireland, it's a fantastic country to travel in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed reading you look like you are having a ball

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading you look like you are having a ball

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like you are having a fabulous time!!! I will forever be wondering what traveling with Eleanor was compared to!!! You so deserve this wonderful trip - have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love traveling with you and sleeping in my own bed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can feel your excitement! Thanks so much for taking the time to post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! We all wish we were with you! Loved the pic with you and Eleanor! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you! We all wish we were with you! Loved the pic with you and Eleanor! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such an awesome experience for you! I want to go to Ireland some day! Enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's too funny: my best friend Carol from Canada (and the one that got me into quilting ) is on your photo of table 5 Batting Babes. Certainly looks like you are having a grand time!
    Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. great!! I am having fun, watching you have fun.
    Kathleen from San Juan, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fun Bonnie, thanks for bringing us along!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Mary Ellen is right. No hats!!!!! Awesome.

    Kathleen from San Juan, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bonnie,I love it when you travel and take us with you. Thank you so much for taking the time to post all these wonderful pictures. What a fun evening. Great picture of you and Eleanor! So finish this line from the speech for us: travelling with Eleanor can be compared to . . . ?

    ReplyDelete
  24. thanks for taking the time to post and share - love hearing of your travels and the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  25. it sounds like you are having the time of your life over there! good for you! i just had to smile at that clip of eleanor burns. what a great lady she is! i've seen her in paducah and you just can't help but love her!
    tammy k. in illinois

    ReplyDelete
  26. No matter what happens later in your life, you will always have the wonderful memories of this trip to Ireland. Thanks for sharing the pictures and your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Traveling with you is so much fun and it's very enlightening! Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  28. It looks as though you are having an absolute blast! And, I can't believe it! Two of my most favorite quilters together in one photo! Be-still my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You are a super star Bonnie!!! Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us! The room looks beautiful. I can see why you were still so pumped at midnight.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)