>>>>

Monday, June 10, 2013

String Spider Webs on a Galway Afternoon!

Isn't Ann cute?!  I sure had a good time meeting her!  She sat in her corner and sewed herself away in her happy place!  I love that we Quilters have this in common.  The love of fabric, of color, of creativity, of the whole process of cutting, piecing, pressing, trimming, assembling, quilting and binding….it’s our life blood!

Our class was a bit smaller –we had 10 ladies I think, and that gave us a chance to chat and get to know one another in a very relaxed non-hurried atmosphere.

You know that string quilts are my favorite of all, and it was really fun sharing my addiction with a whole new group of international quilters!

Speaking of International Quilters..look who I ran into down by the Wicked Thimble Pub:

Ireland2013 381


Take a good look at our Festival Leprechaun….his vest is patchwork!

There is just a tiny slide show below but these are going to be some STUNNING quilts when they are done!

If the slide show doesn’t play on your mobile device, click the image below to be taken directly to the photo album.
 
Enjoy!  And then go start that string quilting project you’ve always wanted to try ---The pattern for String Spider Web is under the tree patterns tab at the top of the blog.
String Spider Web, Galway, Ireland 2013

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

6 comments:

  1. I always thought that leprechauns were wee little people!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these string block, I'm guessing they are in the String Fling book...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are under the free tab on Bonnie's blog.

      Delete
  3. Hey, someone had LSU fabric! Now, that's what I call a "small world!"
    Bonnie, looks like you are having a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your adventure in Ireland:)! I am really enjoying seeing everything you post. I also love quiltcam,so much fun to watch while I work on a project. Enjoy your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pattern for Spiderweb is on Bonnie's free pattern tab at the top of the blog! Definitely on my To Do Someday list. I'm getting a good collection of strings saved up.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)