>>>>

Sunday, June 09, 2013

Jared Takes A Wife in Galway!

Poor Jared.... This guy gets around!

You know, the “original” quilt that produced the pattern for Jared Takes a Wife was due to my choir director getting married…..we soon after moved to North Carolina and I have not made it back there since – I have no idea if Jared and his beloved are still in Columbia, SC – but I think they would get a kick out of the fact that this is one of my most popular classes and downloaded free patterns – and Jared just goes everywhere with me!

Every time I teach this I am sending them good wishes…it’s been over 6 years now, and I hope they have a growing family!

We only had 3 hours to sew ---my goal was to cover all the steps, throwing in as many hints, helps and tips as I could within that period of time, and hoping that everyone had ONE BLOCK to take home so they had their road map to remind them of what to do and they could finish sewing at home.  I think we accomplished that-- This is Helen with her lovely block in shades of pink and purple!

We also had some lovely show and tell……look!

Ireland2013 500

Janina on the left, Ann on the right!

Ann brought in her Weed Whacker top!  Isn’t this fun? You will find Weed Whacker in the free patterns section at the top of the blog.

Ireland2013 501

She also brought her completed Easy Street!

And while standing her in Ireland it suddenly hit me that yes…this DOES have an Irish Chain feel to it, and those chains remind me of the stone walls that divide fields from fields all across the Irish country side…beautiful job, Ann!

Ireland2013 502

Rebecca on the left, Janina on the right!

Rebecca brought her long term hexie project – so soothing in shades of blue and purple and green ---it’s going to be a 25th wedding anniversary present for a dear friend…..she started it after the 10th anniversary…LOL!  This girl knows how to plan!

Here are the photos from the class.  Thank you so much ladies for coming and for making my first trip to Ireland so special!

if you can’t view the slide show on your mobile device, click the image below to be taken directly to the photo album.
Jared Takes a Wife, Galway, Ireland 2013
We are loading up the buses this morning and on our way to tour the Irish countryside! The festival was the most amazing show I've ever taught at --- and now we have a whole week to discover the wonders of Ireland!

Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful - thanks Bonnie for the posts. The country side looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok I'm officially jealous@ Wish I could be there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What LOVELY blocks! Such an amazing variety of fabrics! How I wish I could be there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving touring with you since I couldn't make the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So inspiring to see all the lovely quilts and Jacob Takes a Wife squares. Thanks for all you do, Bonnie! Now, I have to get busy on my Easy Street and "long term" Hexie project. Looking forward to seeing more adventures in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you are going to enjoy seeing the beautiful friendly country
    that is Ireland.......thanks for sharing such lovely pictures can't wait to see more, like a mini tour :0).

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  7. That habit of wearing clothes that match our blocks crosses borders, apparently. Pic #16 of Janina with her block--I thought she had added a sashing to the bottom, but, no, it's her blouse! Made me LOL! Beautiful blocks, and fun class. Enjoy the rest of your trip, Bonnie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, amazing color choices !!

    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Jared!!! Have made two and see more in the future. I really love the pink/purple color scheme... might have to think on that one :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the mini quilt show , everyone's blocks are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  11. hi,i wanted to download the Jared pattern but i did not see a link for it,can you send it to me please?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)