>>>>

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Awash With Color!

I thought I’d gone through all of my Ireland photos – then I remembered I had used my “old” iphone as a back up camera for when I ran the battery out on the main one…

A girl must always be prepared!  And since the electrical was not the same as what we have here, it wasn’t as easy to find a place to plug into and recharge other than the hotel room at night…so…spare phone = great camera!

Our last jaunt in Belfast was to the Botanical gardens.-- Remember me telling you about the G8 Summit, and how things were going to be closed down?

This is the sign that was on the gates to the Botanical Garden as we entered….so glad we were seeing it on Friday instead of Saturday or it wouldn’t have happened!

Next door to the Botanical Gardens is the Ulster Museum.  I wish we could have had more time in there --- as it was we had 15 minutes just to see a few highlights and it was fascinating!

Belfast2013 004

Isn’t this pretty?!

Since I’m catching a plane this morning I’m just going to upload these as a slide show.  The gardens were so beautiful!

I thought North Carolina had great natural rhododendrons that would stand out in beauty – but IRELAND!  Rhodies grow so tall and so lush there due to the climate, and they grew in colors and varieties I had never seen before – and that is all OVER Ireland…in the wild, not just in the botanical garden!

Keep a watch out below for the peachy-orange one….it’s my favorite!

Click the image below to be taken directly to the photo album if the slide show doesn’t play on your mobile device.
Belfast Botanical Gardens, 2013

There was a bit of a hiccup last night with my flight this morning.

Right in the middle of Quilt-Cam there was a phone call from Delta saying my flight was delayed 2 hours --which meant of course my connecting flight to Monroe was going to be missed for sure and for certain.

After Quilt-Cam was over..I called...and changed my flight to a later time..I'm now arriving in Monroe about 2 1/2 hours later than I thought, but happy I will still get there in time!

Heading out to the airport in about 15 minutes --- hexies await!


Click Here to like our Quiltville Friends Page on Facebook for more fun!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear that the flight thing got cleared up. Happy travels, and congrats on the new beautiful treadle machine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you go to Roan Mountain, TN and up to the top, there is the world's largest growth of rhodies.. (it's at the North Carolina line).

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)