>>>>

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

iPhone-o-Gram! Live from Dulles!

I swear on my life that was the windiest funkiest roller coaster flight ever! Bumpy doesn't even begin to describe it!

Yeah, Kevin---I know you are laughing at me but there was no way to stitch hexies while white-knuckling the arm rests!!

Just before shutting my phone down I snapped a couple of pics from my window seat.

I will never get tired of seeing our magical world from above!

This is the intercostal waters as we make our way up past Occoquan, VA up toward DC.

It is amazing to me how quickly nature turns to suburbia and on to metropolis!

Next stop--Portland! Landing now about 10pm west coast time--it's a good thing I can sleep in in the morning!



9 comments:

  1. My husband used to work in Occoquan. It's a nice area.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as you walk away.....that's ALL that matters! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what my DH says too. He is a private pilot! It makes me a nervous wreck!

      Delete
  3. Your bottom picture is I-95 with the United States Marine Corps Museum by itself in front and the back right of the picture is of Quantico Marine Corps Museum. I live 1 mile from the Marine Corps Museum. My house is in one of the subdivisions to the left of the Marine Corps base. Have fun and a safe flight.

    Michelle from Triangle, VA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOPS, Marine Corps Base is in back right and center.

      Michelle

      Delete
  4. To fly from Denver to Amarillo Tx usually it is on a prop plane. LOL, I use to call it the Vomit Comet ride.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In your second picture I love the subdivision for pharmacist, did you notice the RX pattern of the houses make, lol. I too love looking at the earth from above. Sorry about the bumps, hope the rest of the flight is smooth flying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking from above is always really interesting! Hope the rest of your flight is better!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)