>>>>

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Home Unwinding!

A long nap after arriving home after 2 days of property searching means it’s 8:30pm and I’m raring to stitch!

I’ve pulled the Sisters Choice parts back over to the treadle so I can sew while watching some Netflix as my feet move the pedal ----what a great way to end the weekend!

Yes.  This block actually DOES have Y2K Millenium fabric on it….why? Because I can!

Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day and I’m gearing up for it -----I will get the book orders out that came in over the weekend while we are gone, and repack the trunk show getting it ready for my flight to Portland Oregon on Tuesday for the Quiltmaker’s Block Party that starts Wednesday!!  Pacific North West, here I come!

Repacking the trunk show means that the class samples I used on my last trip to Texas and Indiana will be swapped out for the ones that I am teaching in Portland, and I will shift the mix for my lecture on Wednesday night to kick off the Block Party.  I am happy that I can get my key-note presentation out of the way on Wednesday --- and then enjoy my evenings with everyone else while I am there.  If you are coming to Block Party in Portland….I look forward to seeing you, please stop in and say hi!

NC_Mts 040

But for tonight – this is where you’ll find me…..treadling away and watching some episodes of Doc Martin on netflix ----

And dreaming of this:

NC_Mts 006


I snapped this photo while driving down the blue ridge this morning….isn’t this breathtaking?

Someday…..I’m going to have a place here.

Someday.

21 comments:

  1. Holy cow I have that fabric too. Is that how old it is?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Blue Ridge. That's God's country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, now that is a VIEW!
    Cindy in NY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww. I finished Doc Martin. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved Doc Martin. Have you watched Rosemary and Thyme or Hettie Wainright? Both are fun series. Love the new quiltcam. Happy sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scenes of mountains makes my heart sing. I'd love to see that every day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. easy to see why it's called the BLUE ridge. wow! great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. easy to see why it's called the BLUE ridge. wow! great photo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meanwhile, I am finishing my last block for the Block Party block exchange in Portland, OR in a few days....it's not the last minute, yet! I vowed not to buy any new fabric but to make the 9 identical blocks from my stash of fabrics (Lord knows I have plenty), and I did it.

    Looking forward to more tales of your search for the Just Right Cabin.....love those views!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the Blue Ridge Mountains! Have safe travels Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Someday........maybe we will be blue ridge neighbors. I could look at this view all day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't see any fabric that SAYS Y2K .. so I'd say you're safe! LOL Love following your adventures in the search for THE cabin. Be happy its not in NY state .. my niece just posted the weather map for tomorrow/Tuesday. They may get 12 more inches of that white stuff! Happy and safe travels, Bonnie!

    Pat
    Winston Salem

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pics of your cabin hunt! Hope your find your dream come true!
    Wished I would have seen your neutral lesson before I'd started on my Sister's Choice. I've love the scrappy look, and the playfulness. I opted for white on white, white on beige fabric because I just didn't get it before your lesson. Now I have a lot more neutrals than I thought I did!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just heard there is a big fire in Pigeon Forge right now. Over 20 cabins on fire. So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Soon you will have your little slice of heaven on earth!!! It's lovely. I haven't seen much of the Blue Ridge Mountains doing a quick drive through the Carolinas a few years ago. I do remember driving up from Florida to Ohio...Georgia was flat and green, hills and mountains getting more and more spectacular until West Virginia wowed me with beautiful green mountains!! I'm more used to the western mountains...Rockies, Sierra Nevadas, Cascades, Blues, Olympics, Rubies...love mountains!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful view, like Ellen, now I see why they are the Blue Ridge. Someday maybe I will get to see them....not ;-(
    Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful that you are enjoying the selection of your Blue Ridge home-away-from-home. Sometimes the anticipation is an inportant part of the enjoyment. I am one of the lucky ones who will get to see you and take a class in Portland this week. Looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my goodness this view is breathtaking! and your sewing too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi I really love that photo!!! It looks mystical. Love your sewing.
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  20. a picture postcard of a place indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cabin hunting brings back memories of our houses in Maggie Valley. The chalet brought tears to my eyes as I recalled my first chalet. I loved living there for 6 months out of the year. Great views, birds and friends will linger in my mind. Thanks for sharing your photos. Good luck in your search for that perfect house. Sonia

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)