>>>>

Wednesday, November 07, 2012

iPhone-o-gram! Driving through Georgia!

I've been taking back roads and byways through Georgia today and found myself in downtown Sparta!

Wasn't Sparta the town in that old TV show heat of the night?

I love the old downtown buildings and found myself parking across the street from the beautiful old courthouse. Isn't it gorgeous!?

Further on down the road I found myself stopping for lunch and doing a quick search for some antique malls in Macon!

Gotta love smart phones!

My search revealed that Payne Mill Village antique mall was only about 3 miles away :-)

The antique mall used to be a Cottonmill in bygone years. You could easily spend a couple of hours browsing through the wandering aisles of the mall!

More pics to come later of goodies I saw but I wanted to share the one thing that is coming home with me!

A wonderful old 1940s string quilt! For the whopping exorbitant price of $46 :-)

Time to hit the road and make my way to Tallahassee!

13 comments:

  1. Now that was a perfect find for you, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:37 PM EST

    Even though, in a way, both Sparta and Macon are recognizable, names. they are still small Southern towns. I am writing down these Antique Malls you are finding.... for a future trip! Thankfully John loves to stretch his legs' by walking in them when we are on the raod.

    What have you bought? Gonna show us? Maybe lol.

    Smiles, Juliein TN

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the string quilt you bought! Great price and i love the colors! Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The show was based on Sparta Mississippi!
    DH and I love driving through the older southern towns when we travel each spring and fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the Heat of the Night was partially filmed in Covington, Ga. It is also a lovely little sleepy town

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was also partially filmed in Sparta, IL, about 20 miles from where I live.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW what a lovely find, love your "travelogue" through the countryside

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely old quilt. Now it has someone to love it again. Sounds like you are having a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wish I was with you, then I'd be missing this snowstorm!
    Georgia looks like a lovely place to visit.
    Lovely quilt, I hope mine get sent to an antique mall instead of landfill!

    Happy Sewing and safe travels

    ReplyDelete
  11. My parents live several hours from Macon and I love going the "side roads" when we go to visit. Enjoy the views as you drive.

    Wanda
    http://wandas-quilts-crafts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. In the Heat of the Night took place in the fictional town of Sparta, Mississsippi. The film was partially filmed in Sparta, Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do acquire all of the ceremony you acquire conflicting in your post. They are complete able and can in ability work. Still, the posts are too brusque for newbies. Could you charm prolong them a little from next time? Acquire you for the post.
      Gebelik

      Delete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)