>>>>

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

12 Days of Show & Share! Day 2!

I hope by the time you read this that I am acclimating myself to new time zones and recovering from jet lag!

I also hope there will be a way to connect for live-from-Bali pictures, but if not – just know I’m having the time of my life on this trip to Bali.

Let’s continue the plan of 12 days of Show & Share with some gorgeous quilts that have been sent into me by readers.

First up is Jan C from Tyler, TX! This girl has been BUSY!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Jan’s Rectangle Wrangle found in Scraps & Shirttails II!

She writes:

Hi Bonnie,

Wanted to send you pics of my latest quilts in the finished column.

The Rectangle Wrangle is made from some more of those sample shirt fabrics I got a couple of years ago. Still have a trash bag full, so another quilt is probably in the future.

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Jan’s Fair & Square found in Scraps & Shirttails II!

Fair and Square was a blast to do. Everyone calls it Jan's quilt of Bazillion pieces. LOL. Also attached is pic of my back on Fair & Square. Use those scraps - YES MAM!

So looking forward to future string quilts from your new book.

Jan C

Tyler, TX

Here is the pic of Jan’s back! I have to laugh, because I used all the extra checkerboard border by piecing it to the backing on MY quilt too! It’s easy to think you don’t have enough and keep piecing until you have way too much!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Jan’s Fair & Square backing!

Jan, you did me proud! I love your quilts so much ---why is it your plaids look so much better than mine? :c)

Next up ---Lorraine B from Australia!

Lorraine sent in photos of her first prize Roll Roll Cotton Boll!

LorraineB2

Lorrain’s Roll Roll, Cotton Boll found in String Fling!

Lorraine writes:

Hi Bonnie,

Just letting you know that I won First prize with my Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt in my local CWA Exhibition this past weekend.

Thank you for offering these wonderful Mystery Quilts and other patterns on your site. I have nearly finished Orca Bay. I used aquas, oranges, black and neutrals.

Kind regards,

Lorraine B

Frankston South, Victoria, Australia

A close up photo of her first prize ticket here:

lorraineB1

Congrats Lorraine!

And to round out today’s Show and Share we have Laura W!

Laura sent me an email with embedded photos from her Google+. I couldn’t save them individually, so I did a group screen clip!

lauraw1

Laura writes:

Hi Bonnie,

My pineapple blossom quilt top is FINALLY COMPLETE! I started it in the class you taught in March in Virginia Beach. I’m happy with the way it turned out, and I used up a ton of scraps! Almost all of my bright green blenders are gone, and I used up all of the polka dot background fabric (actually ran short of it and filled in the corners with plain white). If your mystery this year has pink, green, or yellow, I may have to BUY some fabric.

Thanks for the great pattern! It is nice of you to post so many freebies on your site. I’ll be buying your new book this summer as a thank you.

Laura

I just LOVE the polka dots in this! What’s not to like about polka dots and orange? Great job, Laura!

Does this inspire anyone to get a UFO out and complete something, anything yet?! When I get back home I want to hear about what you finished while I was gone!

Now get SEWING!

11 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:57 AM EDT

    How beautiful each quilt is! Have to bet Bonnie is so proud to have you make her patterns so well.

    Certainly gives me courage to try the more involved patterns she has. Where to start!

    Thumbs up for sure.
    JulieinTN

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful those quilts are! I'm working on my Jared takes a wife.... UFO piecing....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm working hard on my version of your My Blue Heaven that was started at the workshop in Wellsboro, PA in mid-July. If I didn't have so many other projects going at the same time, maybe I could get this one finished faster. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love them all! Hope you are settled in Bali and can "really" update us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous9:33 AM EDT

    Beautiful job ladies! I like them all! I am working away on a pattern from the web site - Basket Weave Strings. In four days I got 46 (of 98) blocks done, they go fast. Hoping to use up all my narrow strips.
    andrea in canada

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:53 AM EDT

    I have looked at a gazillion pineapple blocks and never could figure out the appeal. Laura's pineapple blocks with the polka dots is stunning! I am now a believer. . . My mind is spinning with ideas for doing my own pineapple block quilt.

    Thanks, Bonnie, for posting these beautiful quilts made by folks you've inspired. (Do you feel like these are your grand-quilts?)

    Thanks, too, Jan, Lorraine, and Laura for sharing your quilts with us. What a lot of love, time, and scraps went into each one.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Ladies!!! I love all of your quilts. They are all so beautiful!! Jan I'm curious as to where you can get shirt fabric samples. Congrats Lorraine! Laura your pineapples are pretty.

    Bonnie enjoy your trip. I love that bed.Nancy J

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:16 AM EDT

    I am attending a 4 day retreat, starting tomorrow evening and with your encouragement I am only taking UFO's to work on. BALI HIGH is callllllinggggggggggggggggggggggggg, come to me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilts. I really love the bright pineapple blossom quilt! I've continued making Oklahoma Backroads blocks as my leader/ender project. I think I've got 50 done now, so I'm about half way there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are great quilts...good job ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those quilts are gorgeous!!! After I finish a few UFOs, I am going to start making some of your scrap quilts. I have made several string quilts using your tutorial, but I think I want to do another design, like maybe the Fair & Square. I love that quilt!! I better get busy....... Thanks so much for all your inspiration. Not only are women getting more accomplished, but we are having more fun and donating more quilts to others. You are very special. I feel like I know you even though we have never met!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)