>>>>

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

12 Days of Show and Share! Day 1

I tried to think of what I could do ahead of time to have posts show up on the blog while I’m gone. I won't be home in my own bed until late night on September 1st!

A few emails with photos attached provided the inspiration to go through the archives and turn this blogless ((It MAY be blogless, I don’t know if I’ll have wifi that will work for blog writing or not while I’m gone)) time into a quilt show!

I’ve set a few quilts every day to be shared by my readers.

Along with a random photo of Bali so you can put yourself in a Bali mood for the day as well!

I hope you enjoy seeing the quilts as much as I’ve enjoyed getting their photos in the mail!

Our first quilter is Barbara!

coconutbarbara1

Barbara’s Hidden Spools top!

What she writes is short but sweet:

This was started at workshop in Portsmouth RI. Hope you have found some time for Bonnie.

Guess what, Barbara! I’m on my way to Bali, if I’m not there already! Somehow I lose a day going there, but gain a day getting back and the whole travel time is like 24 hours or something! I love your hidden spools in the lovely Bali batiks! It’s GORGEOUS!

Thanks for sharing it with us!

Next up is Donna T!

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

Donna’s Star Struck Quilt!

Donna writes:

This is my completed quilt from the workshop you did in Winfield, Ks., last fall. I just love it.

Donna, this turned out so pretty, it looks just like stained glass! Great job!

I also want to share with you these pics from Joan P!

joanparker1

Joan’s Scrappy Bargello in Shirts!

Joan writes:

Dear Bonnie,

Here's a scrappy bargello! I finished the top of this AM. The quilting will commence as soon as I piece a backing. It is the exact same dimensions as the one in your book. I used all recycled shirts (even saw a couple shirts at church last night that I asked for...did NOT get any takers).

I love the detail shot she sent too! What a great selection of shirts in this top…

joanparker2

With autumn on the way, doesn’t it just make you want to make one yourself? You can!

I hope you will enjoy the other posts through the week! I hope to leave you inspired and ready to pull out a UFO and work on it!

Maybe that can be YOUR goal to tell ME when I get back – just WHAT one project can you pull out and complete while I’m gone? Come on – you have 10 days. What can you do with it!

14 comments:

  1. great inspiration! have a nice trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little ole me on YOUR blog? Hahaha...I was reading the post and got to the scrappy bargello picture. I was thinking "that looks EXACTLY like mine!" Hee hee...IT IS!!

    That was a great quilt to make. Thanks for including me. I have a whole pile of Bonnie quilts ;)

    ~your biggest fan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous9:15 AM EDT

      Any idea how many shirts this quilt took? I love this one in plaids. That border plaid is terrific, makes it so warm and toasty looking. GOOD JOB!
      JulieinTN

      Delete
    2. Joan- I love this quilt. I'm assuming that this is in one of Bonnie's books? If so, could you tell me which one? I'm going to hit the thrift stores for shirts! I love it!

      Rose

      Delete
    3. The directions for the "Scrappy Bargello" pattern is on Bonnie's Free Pattern page.

      Delete
  3. Now I'm thinking I know what to do with my shirt collection.... bargello!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels, I hope you are resting somewhere right now
    without leg or back pain. Enjoy your adventure!

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:19 PM EDT

    What inspiration! Can't wait to see what you do with all those Bali batiks!!!
    Happy travels

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't believe with all that you did before you left that you also "pre-loaded" blog posts. Once again you amaze, amuse and keep us informed. I really love the hidden spools and star struck patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  7. while you are off in Bali, i endeavor to finish 3 ufo's...SEASONS IN THE SUN needs binding, SMOOTH SAILING is a top that needs to be a quilt, and NW WA SHOP HOP 2010 is a huge sandwich that needs to be quilted. I do not have a long arm...now that i have told you, hopefully i will get them done! have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous7:47 AM EDT

    wow now that was a blog page!!!! thanks so much

    ReplyDelete
  9. I reckon I can finish a couple of table runners and place mats. The first table runner is 1/3 along and the other (with placemats) needs binding. Can I do it? Yes, I can!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is just too much fun! Thank you for all your hard work to keep in touch with us while you are away. My Scrap Users System worked like a dream last night. I was able to cut and stack in paper plates 54 little spool blocks to keep next to my mocha beauty (Singer 301). I can tell you I've O.D. on four patches. So, thank you for switching it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great idea! And such inspiration! Thanks for your time and effort to set up posts for when you're gone! You're the best!

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)