>>>>

Friday, July 13, 2012

It’s Friday!

That means this afternoon we travel into Sisters which is about 40 miles from Sun River where we are.

We are meeting up with Lori who has a friend from Australia and two friends from Canada with her ---all together we will make a group of 9 for the lecture and box dinner.

One of the things I love most about central Oregon is how chilly it is in the mornings --- this morning when I woke it was a brisk 44 degrees out! The temps get into the 90s….but by 5pm temps start to drop and leave you with the most beautiful of summer evenings you have ever seen. By 8pm, you will want to grab your sweater. I just love it!

Last night we made our yearly pilgrimage down to Goody’s for ice cream! I love this place – their ice cream is fabulous, and their cones are made on site as well, so the smell of vanilla yumminess is in the air as soon as you enter the common area.

My flavors?

oregon2012 080

Coffee Bean on top of Chocolate Almond. OH. MY. GOODNESS!

We sat outside at a little bistro table and enjoyed the evening while we enjoyed our ice cream and people watched.

Usually we do it on the bikes, but with this leg problem I just can’t bike it. I did make an appointment for an MRI next Wednesday when I’m home – so I hope we can find out what is causing all this nerve pain and DO something about it ---

I worked on a little something for Lori last night – a little bird told me she needed a few more blocks to finish her birthday quilt project:

oregon2012 081

I dug into Randy’s scraps to paper piece some blocks from civil war type fabrics…after finishing it I wished I’d had a double pink for the setting triangles ---it looks too light to me, but perhaps mixed with the other blocks it will be just right. Besides --- she wanted them signed, and I needed to use something that the pen would show up on!

For those asking --- the claims process takes a long time. I filed a claim. I have to get statements saying what the cost to fix the machine and computer would be, or what the replacement cost will be, and I have to fax that in with photos after I get home. There is nothing more that I can do about it here. But at least the process has started. If I have to be patient, you do too ;c)

Today? More mystery work for me, so there won’t be a lot to show you, but it’s going to be a fun productive day!

Happy Friday, Everyone!

20 comments:

  1. I haven't even got around to having my breakfast, but that ice cream is making me want something cool and sweet.
    I really like the block you made for Lori, and based on her post this morning, I think it will blend right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I am more envious of the weather or the ice cream.... mostly envious of the location. Sounds like you are having a wonderful break in Sisters. Can hardly wait to see some quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be so fun to travel and see so many different places.You're a lucky lady Bonnie :)
    About the pain.... It might be from sitting sewing. Or a bulging disc and sitting. I have a messed up back and sitting is the WORST thing for it. I have actually put my machine on a high table and stood to sew! But it wasn't comfortable.
    I hope yours is less complicated (Mine is partly from my back not developing right, and party from falling off the ladder onto the cement - don't do that!)
    To be honest , a hard wooden chair seems to be better for me than a padded one! ?? Go figure.
    Good luck, pain messes up your life, and you have a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous3:27 PM EDT

      My chiropractor said not to stay in one position for 20 minutes. So I get up and walk around frequently. I also am a fan of the hard rather than padded chair.

      Delete
  4. I am so jealous. Good food, good friends. But, at least I'm getting to enjoy Sisters every year through you. Enjoy every minute of it and share what you can. Lane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy looks like fun and the quilts are being hung
    and soon we'll get pictures of those too!

    So I do hope the MRI finds an answer. Constant pain is
    not good. Do you alternate your feet on the sewing machine
    pedal?

    Happy Sewing

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about your sewing machine? What was the damage? Can it be repaired? I just acquired a Singer made in 1911. It has a knee bar to run the machine and a light. It was a crank converted to electric. I must get it cleaned up and oiled before running it. There is a long thin bobbin, not round one. I will try to post photos soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My son went to a conference at Sun River--nice place. That block is beautiful with those colors.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy Sisters & hope you feel better.Claims people hope you give up.I need some lemonade......

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy Sisters & hope you feel better.Claims people hope you give up.I need some lemonade......

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoy Sisters & hope you feel better.Claims people hope you give up.I need some lemonade......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your block for Lori! She will love it, too! Hopefully your leg pain won't keep you from enjoying your time at Sisters. Be well and I look forward to your sharing of all the treasures you will find there.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh yes, the claims process is never quick!! Sisters is my list of "I'd love to do one day" - in the meantime, I'm along for the ride with you lol

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lori is going to love that block! Central OR does have amazing summer weather

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:58 PM EDT

    Your block for Lori is lovely! Sometime could you tell us your sewing steps for the flying geese, start with the right side, then sew the left side from the point or how?

    It would be so appreciated as I'm making about 250 flying geese for my son's quilt. You're the power sewing Queen!
    Anita in Abq

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonnie, I feel your pain. I went through a long period with my whole right leg and foot numb, then excruciating pain. They did all kinds of treatments and physical therapy with no relief. Finally they did an MRI and I had a bulging disk in my lower back and degenerative disk disease. I had four rounds of cortizone shots in my spine and I am mostly free of pain. I hope they can discover what is causing yours and find a solution.Sound like you are having a wonderful time in Oregon!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hope you have a great time at the Quilt show.....the ice cream looks great, but what I really and wondering is when do we get the mystery quilt and what colors do we really need to be focusing on so we have scraps!!!!! I am still in love with Orca Bay and hope to be ready to go when the next one is posted...last year I started 6 weeks behind....I finished but this year I want to do it with you!!!! Oh and did I mention I can't wait.....And I love Ore when I was there last month, over by the ocean, it is AMAZING

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always love seeing your food pics! You eat like a real woman :) I'm so sad about your featherweight. When I told my husband he told me to watch a Youtube video called United Breaks Guitars. Apparently this guy had his guitar broken and got the major runaround..but he got the last laugh! He got reimbursed, wrote a book, has a billion hits on his video and does seminars on the "customer service" experience...just saying :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy the quilt show in Sisters/Bend. We left on Thurs. and the show was to be the next day. Boo-Hoo! I missed the whole thing. My daughter lives in Bend and we were camped at the KOA @ Culver. Now I'm back in Illinois.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous4:00 PM EDT

    Do you have a PDF of that block on your blog or web page? I sure like it. Or is it going to be in a new book or a mystery quilt over the holiday.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)