>>>>

Friday, June 15, 2012

Late Night Edition, Free Kindle Book!

I’m just back from my lecture with the Friendly Quilters of Ashtabula, Ohio!

We had a great time – invited many local and neighboring quilters, as tonight was not their regular meeting night. We filled the church with quilters and quilts, and had great refreshments with lots of visiting afterwards!

It was just a beautiful June evening, and what a great way to spend it.

((Side note – can you believe that June is already HALF OVER?! Where did it go?!))

It’s been a great day of relaxing, unwinding, sight seeing a bit around town, and of course, spending re-bonding time with the sewing machine! It was fun just siting and sewing while Kathy was doing the same --- so very very much needed!

I’ve got a freebie for you as the summer heat builds up in this hemisphere ----temps are rising, and this one sounds like a fun summer comedy/mystery!

London Broil (A Comedy Mystery) by Barbara Silkstone is free in the Amazon Kindle store tonight.

Book Description:

When we last saw Wendy Darling and Roger Jolley, they’d recovered twelve of the thirteen Egyptian icons stolen from the British Museum.

Wendy, Miami Realtor and part-time Tomb Raider, is now in a frantic race against time and a murderer as she searches for the last Lost Boy hidden somewhere in London while a killer heat wave invades the city.

I’ve been told this is a good series, so I might have to go search out the previous one before reading this one ---but it sounds fun!

OH_PA_june2012 321

This is a shot of what added up in between lines of sewing today at Kathy’s! I’ve just packed everything up though--- after tomorrow’s workshop, I’m headed over to Pennsylvania so my retreat sewing time here is already gone --

It all flies too fast, doesn’t it?

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, I am on the road for the next 2.5 weeks, mixing a couple conferences with some vacation, staying in 6 different states, and I followed your lead and brought my sewing machine along for the first time! I hope I get some machine time while I am traveling. I usually just bring some hand quilting (and did this time, too) but sometimes that's not what I want to do.

    Where are you going to be in PA? I'm going to be in PA all week, well, once this conference at Princeton is over.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many bowties do you think you have now?

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)