>>>>

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Evening Edition! Free Kindle Book!

I’m back in my room, day three of workshops is complete! We ended the day with several of us enjoying the patio and al fresco dining at Nick’s in Xenia --- GREAT food!

((How do you pass up an offer of waffle cut sweet-potato fries drizzled with brown sugar?!?))

What a fun group of ladies! In fact – several of us are meeting up and descending like locusts at Fabric Shack in Waynesville---10am sharp ---- to continue this adventure!

I understand that the main street is loaded with antique malls – I’ll have to shop fast because I’ve got to get myself to Ashtabula by late afternoon!

Can I do it? I’m willing to try!

There is something really decadent about being in jammies at 7:30pm, stretching myself out in the center of a big king-sized bed ---TNT & Law & Order on the tube while editing down tomorrow’s slide show. Gosh I feel lazy! But if I get this written, I can hop over to my machine and get some piecing done ---and I can sleep in a bit in the morning!

Just a side note --- did you watch the series DALLAS back in the 80s? Do you remember that whole buzz of “Who Killed JR?!?” And then he wasn’t dead?

Did you see that there is a new Dallas series starting on TNT tonight? A lot of the same actors are in it – like the story has just continued on with a 12 year hiatus! I never really followed the series, but might keep it on just to see if I can get pulled into it.

While digging through things online, I also came across this freebie book that really looks fun:

California Schemin’, by Kate George is free tonight in the Amazon Kindle store.

Kate George is the winner of the 2009 Daphne De Maurier Award for Excellence in Mystery and Suspense, Mainstream Division.

Book Description:

California Schemin’ is the second in the fun, fast paced Bree MacGowan Mysteries. Think Miss Marple meets Miss Congeniality!

Being a self-sufficient, problem solving Vermont girl, Bree’s used to taking care of her own problems. Just because some Ex-Army Ranger has gotten her mixed up in murder doesn’t mean she’s obligated to behave herself. Bree figures it’s her job to get as far away from Mr. Hambecker as possible, turn in the murderer and reclaim her boyfriend and her life. But the murderer isn’t going to be easy to catch, her life is in a shambles and the boyfriend isn’t sure he want’s to be reclaimed. It’s mystery with a side of laughter.

“California Schemin' by Kate George is a page turner - I couldn't put it down! Kate does a great job of getting the action rolling on the first page and you get sucked into the adventures that befall her lead character, Bree MacGowan.” - JCrew

“California Schemin' is the hilarious sequel to Moonlighting in Vermont by Kate George and, once again, features the headstrong but lovable Bella Bree MacGowan. Schemin's a good old fashioned cozy mystery that infuses the author's witty sense of humor, plenty of suspense, some great writing, and an engaging and action-packed plot.

Double check before clicking that it is still free for you, it just was for me!

Have a great evening, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:22 PM EDT

    June 13th, 5:20pm - This book is still free and the first one in the series is available for $2.66! Decided if I was going to read #2, I wanted to read #1 first. Thanks for the heads-up on the free book.

    Sue Monsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:38 PM EDT

    I so look forward to your kindle selections!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Medina County and it is going to take you quite a while to get to Ashtabula from Fairborn. That is like going diagonal across the state...one of the longest routes. Good luck and happy shopping. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I didn't have an appt at 11 tomorrow morning, I would be there w you too.! and No I can't get out of it....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous10:59 PM EDT

    When "Dallas" was on TV in it's big time, I went to Texas and toured the ranch that was filmed for the outside scenes. In the yard of the neighbor across the street (it was an urban area) the neighbor had put up a rather large sign that read: "I wish the hell I had shot JR!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'll love the Fabric Shack!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in South Australia and I LOVE the Fabric shack, wish i could be there in person, make sure you leave some fabric for us "on-line "shoppers. Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  8. I DO remember Dallas back in the 80s!!! It was big in our house! AND I'm proud to say I figured out who shot him too! It was the only logical conclusion. I was 13 and even then I knew how tv shows worked!! LOL

    And while it was technically 6/14 my time when I read this post, the book was still free to Kndle users so I was able to get it!!! I'm getting quite the free collection on it and I'm hoping to finally READ some of them during teh summer..... Thanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol! I was just asking my husband if he ever watched Dallas, which of course he said no, but still knew about "who killed JR".

    ReplyDelete
  10. I followed the JR saga beck in the old days/nights. I watched the new one and things haven't changed much in 12 years... They just got a lot older. Have fun as you shop and drive through.

    ReplyDelete

If you are commenting as "anonymous" please leave your name at the end of your comment.

Did you know that ad space on this blog provides for all of the free patterns and free mysteries and challenges at no cost to you? Without ads, this blog would not be possible.

Thank you for understanding the many hours that go into this blog 6 days a week, 52 weeks a year. :)